Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Better be careful Dan.
I'm back, and tired.

Baal Hadad

Wow.

I wonder if there's any connection....

inuhanyo

A clear hint of interesting backstory for Abel there. 

But I have to wonder if Abel overheard enough to know that Dan didn't tell Matilda what's behind this, or is he just inferring it?

Failcakes

oh man
OH MAN
this can't end well at all.

ChaosMageX

I'm still waiting to see if "Painting the town Red" means painting it with romance...

...or painting it with blood. :bat :mwaha

Icon by Sunblink

Janus Whitefurr

Abel's face in the third panel makes me sad all over again :c

Then his fireworks factory comment made me giggle.  :giggle

But mostly my feelings on how this will work out are sad. :<
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Madmann135

you know your doing a bad thing when Abel of all people warns you not to do it.
Dan should take Matty out on the date and stay clear of his sister or at least try to.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kuari

I think this is the most sincere we've seen Abel be outside of Abel's Story.  I don't think its any different backstory behind this, I think its BECAUSE of what happens in Abel's Story that he's telling Dan this :p...  but wow.  I really didn't expect Abel to come in and be the voice of reason.  The big question is, will Dan take it seriously or not.  Where's ma popcorn!?!...  eh, cookies will work.  :mowcookie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on October 11, 2009, 04:52:14 AM
I really didn't expect Abel to come in and be the voice of reason.  The big question is, will Dan take it seriously or not.

Nearly everything Abel has done for Dan has been for his benefit, right from the start.  It didn't always work and there's a big helping of what you might call 'tough love', but I don't see this as being out-of-character for Abel by a long shot.

I hope that Abel can get Dan to see reason... he can always tell Matilda that something important has come up, after all.  He would have to set up an alternate date, but them's the breaks.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Or he could just go on an actual date, and forget about following Alexsi.

Of course, that isn't going to happen, is it? That'd be entirely too sensible...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 11, 2009, 07:54:42 AM
... Or he could just go on an actual date, and forget about following Alexsi.
Of course, that isn't going to happen, is it? That'd be entirely too sensible...

It would still leave Abel dumped with all the work, though.

It occurs to me that Dan likely doesn't know what Pyroduck is but Abel does.  If Abel tells Dan that Alexsi is going to be protected by someone who's Fae-powerful, it might just put his mind at ease.
On the flipside, Dan isn't all that happy about dragons to begin with, but I'm sure some creative fudging of the facts could create that winning combination. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Knowing Dan, he'll think that Pyro has some ulterior motive for this, and is going to kidnap his sister or something equally horrendously erroneous.

Yay, train wreck!

bradypodidae

"always look on the bright side of life"

I wonder if Abel's comment about burning bridges has to do with why we don't see Mink in the present time-line at the academy?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Pagan

If Dan trusted a Fae-powerful creature to watch over his sister, wouldn't Dan have just called Mab to look after Alexsi?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on October 11, 2009, 09:15:22 AM
If Dan trusted a Fae-powerful creature to watch over his sister, wouldn't Dan have just called Mab to look after Alexsi?

Maybe he hasn't thought of that yet.  Mab doesn't seem to be around, but by the looks he does have a few days to think things over.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 11, 2009, 08:11:49 AM

Yay, train wreck!

Remember, this is Dan we're talking about. Got to be a Big Bus wreck, at the very least.

(But who'll we get to play the piano while Lorenda sings...?)   >:3
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Corgatha Taldorthar

On the pure depiction level, I really like how Dan's face is on the first panel. Gives a real impression of a three dimensional head, which hasn't usually been the case.

And as for Kuari's point, I'm not surprised that Abel's the voice of reason so much that there *is* a voice of reason. I was mentally priming myself for some sort of absurd shenanigans where Dan keeps encouraging Matilda to go to shows and restaurants that Matilda doesn't want to see, because obviously he won't tell her he's keeping an eye on his sister and all the other stereotypical things that could go wrong with a plan like this.

Granted, Dan might not listen to Abel, and has a track record of being dumb, but it's interesting to see the point being made. I've come to think of this world as one where even the non-fae act silly most of the time.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lucheek

Wacky Shaningans to real-life sad in one comic flat.

"Teeheehehohohoooo...awwwwwwwww."

Anri

This is not a train wreck until Kria catches Dan 'cheating' on Lorenda.

MT Hazard

The sensible thing for him to do would be to reschedule his date for Thursday and stay in the in on Friday. But we know sensible isn't his thing.

The slightly less sensible option would be to sent Fi to keep an eye on her.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Succubus_1982

Either way this goes someones going to end up hurt.

If Dan goes on the date he guarantees getting physically hurt by a number of people. Lorenda depending on whether she is really in love with Dan or just going along with the whole dating thing to shut Kria up may or may not be hurt/rampage. However her rampaging might then make Kria happy and she would then possibly forgive Dan (or just encourage her daughter to kill him, who knows with Kria) and poor Matilda gets humiliated as 'the other woman' so she may just kill Dan too.

If he doesn't go on the date, then Matilda thinks he's jerking her around and gets upset too. And wants to know why he's cancelled and may end up trying to spy on him and find out about Lorenda. Much explosions and gore ensue.

So basically at this point Dan's only course of action is to start writing a will and picking out a nice plot for his grave. 
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Tapewolf

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 11, 2009, 12:06:29 PM
So basically at this point Dan's only course of action is to start writing a will and picking out a nice plot for his grave. 

Actually, Dan has the perfect escape route - spending the next 300 years in SAIA.

Ted Schiller

Thunka Thunka Thunka

Mrs. Williams has Dan in a tree.

Thunk

And she's throwing rocks at him.  :)

With regards,
Ted

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 11, 2009, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 11, 2009, 12:06:29 PM

Actually, Dan has the perfect escape route - spending the next 300 years in SAIA.

Not really. Both Lorenda and Matilda will live longer than that, easily...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 11, 2009, 04:48:21 PM
Not really. Both Lorenda and Matilda will live longer than that, easily...

Yes, but it would give them 300 years to get over it and Dan 300 years to think of a way of apologising.

bradypodidae

My observations lead me to believe that regardless if Dan does go through with the secret-squirrel double-date and does get busted, Alexsi, Lorenda, and Matilda are the type to discuss the situation rationally amongst each other, than present a united front when confronting Dan.

''Alas, poor Dan! I knew him Horatio: / A fellow of infinite jest''
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 11, 2009, 05:10:39 PM
My observations lead me to believe that regardless if Dan does go through with the secret-squirrel double-date and does get busted, Alexsi, Lorenda, and Matilda are the type to discuss the situation rationally amongst each other, than present a united front when confronting Dan.

''Alas, poor Dan! I knew him Horatio: / A fellow of infinite jest''

And I'm sure Destania and Cyra will be particularly understanding over the end of their bloodline.

Corgatha Taldorthar

There's an obvious way out for Dan. Just take Matilda on a real date and forget about "protecting" Alexsi.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 11, 2009, 05:26:34 PM
There's an obvious way out for Dan. Just take Matilda on a real date and forget about "protecting" Alexsi.

Yeh but that still doesn't solve the Lorenda issue.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Shirou14

well... I really didn't expect Abel to not tell. I guess I was wrong, hehe he is a real sweety underneath that rough exterior ^.=.^