09/15/09 [AS2 #69] - The 39 Years

Started by Tapewolf, September 15, 2009, 03:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

'Any dragon in this dimension' could easily be shortened to 'any dragon'. After all do other creatures have much (or any) inter-dimensional access?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 16, 2009, 11:34:03 AM
'Any dragon in this dimension' could easily be shortened to 'any dragon'. After all do other creature have much (or any) inter-dimensional access?

The Fae do, and there may or may not be a network of dimensional gates.  Warp-Aci may do (they are extradimensional in origin, though their bodies seem to be made of dark magic from the Furrae-local dimension).

That said, it's a good point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

I've got to say, that was the fasted conversation I've had on these forums.

Amber Williams

The dragons of Furrae are somewhat like the Fae...in that the more people will find out about them, odds are the more they will dislike them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 16, 2009, 03:20:23 PM
The dragons of Furrae are somewhat like the Fae...in that the more people will find out about them, odds are the more they will dislike them.

... And in what way are they unlike the Fae?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuari

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2009, 03:23:43 PM

That they aren't invincible and they can be slain? That and they sit on everything.

GabrielsThoughts

...I know it's late but, is there a distinctive diffrence between dragons and drakes? or is it that drakes are the younger form of dragons?  and while I suspect pip is taken care of like a  pet, is the size of a dragon purely an illusion?

As they (dragons) are clearly another form of shape-shifter, is it that they start off small for the first couple thousand years or so and  they will eventually reach gargantuan body crushing proportions?

while I realize some of this will no doubt be covered by demonology and current mythology, is the reason people dislike dragons because they are, or  think they are, being manipulated as with the angels and demons, or is it that they dislike the dragons because a majority are notorious card sharps, known for their chain smoking, virgin chasing, and how many peons can they can kill in one in one bounce?

Assuming Dan knows more about real dragons, we can Speculate as to why dragons are hated...
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_174.php

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tipod

Are there any races of creatures that are liked? I get the feeling they just all loathe each other :B
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

GabrielsThoughts

Beings are liked, but only for their delicious insides...wait, that came out wrong.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Kuari on September 16, 2009, 03:42:51 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2009, 03:23:43 PM

That they aren't invincible and they can be slain? That and they sit on everything.

They can have kids with beings/other creatures* and not have them be totally depressing.

*see H.G six and  eight for further info.

Shirou14

I attest to at least one, of the i'm certain, many people who would still love dragons no matter how horredous of disasterous their actions. And with that said, I am worried for the dragons (dun kill me!)) I really hate the idea of every dragon being wiped out, no matter how absurd or unlikely that may be (except for pyroduck, I must question his fur/scale color, brown and red? really? X3)) So I pray for their survival in that dimension.

Away from that point, I am curious as to how Abel will react to Aniz after his mother is dying. I persoally think he's going to go berserk and try to kill him and end up almost dying himself. ((if this has been brought up in the last discussion, I apologize) and another thing is, how does this rather depressed, and lonely individual, become the flameing pretty boy we all know and love?

all this and more on SOMETHING! =D

Rakyth

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 15, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 15, 2009, 10:03:00 AM
I figured someone like Fa'lina who's proud of her cubi-heritage (or at least comfortable with it) wouldn't have any NEED to hide them! I mean why hide just one set? Why not hide them all?

She's at an institute for 'Cubi. It would be rather out of place to go in "Fake being" mode.

As for a hypothetical set of third wings, either she doesn't have them, or has them and his hiding them. If it's the former, problem is done with, if it's the latter..... It might be something as simple as not wanting to deal with the fact that tri-wings are generally clan founders, and Fa'Lina's clan has been wiped out.

But something occurred to me. Can a normal two wing 'cubi shape-shift and fake a third set of wings? I sincerely doubt becoming a tri-wing is that easy, but it might be useful for bluffing at times.

If Fa'Lina's clan has been wiped out[I don't read as thoroughly as I used to], then wouldn't the position of clan founder go to her? She is a female, after all, as all the clan founders seem to be. I'm pretty sure one can't just inherit power, but, it does make sense, at least to me.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on September 15, 2009, 07:04:45 AM
Seriously?  If that's all it takes to distract you I suggest you all get pencils and learn to draw them yourself.  It's quite easy to create a workable pair.  I mean forget the fact that this is likely the build up to a life altering and devastating moment in Abel's life, there are knockers there and they might be bigger than last time!  Don't get me wrong, I like 'em as much as the next guy, but really, prioritize.

What if your hands don't draw like you tell them to? What if they can shoot a target better than they can draw a closed circle?[I can't draw a closed one, it turns out some funky shape when I take the 5 minutes to do so ._.;]

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rakyth on September 18, 2009, 08:09:05 PM
If Fa'Lina's clan has been wiped out[I don't read as thoroughly as I used to], then wouldn't the position of clan founder go to her? She is a female, after all, as all the clan founders seem to be. I'm pretty sure one can't just inherit power, but, it does make sense, at least to me.

Amber has said: it's not that all clan founders are female, just the only ones we've seen are. There are male ones, they just haven't shown up in the story.

Also: Fa'Lina started her clan. Once you become a clan founder, you stop being able to make any more clan members directly - it's like being a grandmother. Sort of. You get to coo over your grandchildren, but you're not going to have any more children directly. And, well, all her children have been killed, so... that explains a little about why she goes so goo-goo over Pyroduck, for example, getting a girlfriend; grandchildren by proxy.

But I digress.

Chelbonk

Very long time reader and first time poster, but I'm pretty sure I ***NO CARRIER***

Tapewolf

Dude, secret things are secret.  I suggest you read the rules.   If Amber saw that you would not be in for a fun time  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heck, read the secret things themselves. Most of them say "don't tell anyone, you moron" in big bold font all over them.

Sheesh.