The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

Lisky

Hello fellow RPers,

Just giving everyone the heads up that i'm helping a friend move to cali, and i'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week, but i'm bringing my laptop.  Internet connections may be a bit spotty, but i'll update when i get the chance.  I should be able to reply at least every other day so although delayed, i probably won't completely disappear.  Sorry for the inconvenience to you all.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Whoa...did we get past the entire pirate sensor net just like that? I thought we were still in-transit to get to the third planet after just reaching the point on the outskirt of the system where the third was in between us and the the fourth, and that was supposed to be the slightly more involved part as we dodge around the edges of the sensor station, and then we reach the planet...

Azlan

No not really, Sensor posts are in the system interior and on the edges.  I realized it made sense to just fly around the entire solar system edge, as Mother can maneuver at beyond relativistic speeds and not trigger a sensor system below ISF level technology if beyond peripheral scanning.  The only thing capable of detecting her output would be Acadians and higher.

So all the melodrama of flying through system is cutdown to the approach... where you can do all the sensor dodging and such.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Though, the original reason of going around was actually just to put as much distance between us and the fleet of the fourth planet during our approach, but I guess this works.

Azlan

I leave penetration of the base to Bas.  He can engage in combat as his leisure or sneak in.  The perimeter patrol and the tower guards are all rather oblivious and lackadaisical, so they can be taken out easily.  Each tower has a crew served machine gun of 12.7mm rounds.  It can fire anywhere except up and straight down.

Each soldier caries a standard semi and fully automatic 7.62mm rifle and a 10mm pistol sidearm with either a combat knife or a stun stick.

Please refrain from reaching the interior buildings, I will take that in a more narrated fashion.

Lushin

I'm not trying to kill the scout just shoot the radio out of their hand. May be impossible I know but I'm gonna try. Hate killing an unarmed person.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Lisky

let me know if you want anything edited, changed or elaborated upon Az

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Azlan

That should do.  Oh one thing, throat slashings are generally ridiculously bloody.  Knight should now have a considerable amount on him... which he will know negates his optical camouflage.

Lushin

Ben and the men would know enough if they gonna kill them it would be a knife through the chest with arm wrapped around right? Seeing as my men have done something like this before.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Azlan

With the suits you could snap the neck of an unarmored soldier or use the knife to slash the throat from behind and push the victim face down or let him fall away from them instead of dropping down on their own backs with the victim on top.  This is largely where I disagree with most armed forces commando tactics training.   

Prof B Hunnydew

I am try to use my orginal skill set, here, but I am trying to read the hint,,,
Should I be with loki and the crash site, here?  I can do two things at once. Sometimes.
mmmm maybe never

PBH

ShadesFox

My intention was to have Loki with Nova and Ixiah with Aaron.

And Knight needs to totally get into a Bronco now and lead the pirates on the slowest high speed chase ever.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on June 14, 2009, 05:52:05 PM

And Knight needs to totally get into a Bronco now and lead the pirates on the slowest high speed chase ever.

With Chuck Norris?

Nova should be with Loki.  At this rate everyone will have their own personal alien :3

Edit again: I'll be posting something much later in the evening PST.

techmaster-glitch

ShadesFox

Nazareth can have Chuck Norris.  Him and OJ Simpson.  They said a furry took their Bronco.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

XD... knight is planning on 'borrowing' a helicopter or VTOL jet to speed things up if there isn't faster transport to Matron available... why would he do a slow chase in a Bronco?

techmaster-glitch

A note to all RPs I'm in - Starting tomorrow, my Internet access may be sporadic or cut off completely, as my family is visiting some other family for a week. If I can post something I will, but no guarantees.

ShadesFox

So... we're gonna be hanging out in orbit for a while then?
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

I'll do everything I can to get something in, if necessary (though I still remember when this RP went with a week between all posts). Funnily enough, it seems my family's not leaving today as planned, but tomorrow morning instead. Absolute worst-case scenario, Azlan can always auto.

Azlan

I was planning on posting tonight... after I blow up a few Russians.

techmaster-glitch

... :<

I said worst-case scenario. I'm at my destination right now, and would have been able to post something this morning. Though, right now, the problem isn't that you autoed so early, it's that if Mother really did launch Nazareth's fighters herself, without his say-so, that would be absolutely, the-last-straw unacceptable to him. In other words, not conducive to proper, continued roleplaying. If you rewrite it as "Nazareth" doing it, there isn't much of a problem anymore.

Just FYI.

Azlan

yeah go with that, I'll rewrite as soon as I can...

Azlan

The jet exploded because of damage from Romulus's shot.  It jammed the turbofan and caused an uncontrollable fuel leak right into a hot reaction chamber.

Lisky

heh, sorry for the longish post, i felt mused this evening... if you need me to edit anything, just let me know and i'll take care of it ASAP.

ShadesFox

We aren't supposed to make epic sized posts D:
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

back in action. Question though; what heavy ordnance has the fighters been outfitted with this time?

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 29, 2009, 03:07:35 PM
back in action. Question though; what heavy ordnance has the fighters been outfitted with this time?

Whatever you want them to be outfitted with... within reason of course.  No fission or fusion warheads.  Laser-guided bombs, heavy missiles, cluster munitions, etc.

Azlan

Basic statistics for Ben's squad, for clarity:

Alex Kiel
Species: Coyote
Appearance: Tawny fur, hazel eyes, brownish headfur and black pads.  He is well build, good muscle tone and stands about 5ft 10in in height.
Skills: Rifles, hand to hand training, tracking, stealth, Sniper and Intelligence, VTOL piloting, expert weapons and tactics.
Note: He is Ben's second.

Jaice Randou
Species: Canine
Appearance: dalmatian coloration (white) and spotting (he has six black spots on his muzzle, three on each side like freckles), large patch of black fur around right eye, green eyes, and charcoal cephalic hair.  He is of average build and comes in around 5ft 9in in height.  Despite unremarkable frame, he is lean, trim and fit.
Occupation: Army Special Forces, Demolitions Expert (Privateer. Former Imperium Army EOD technician)
Skills: EOD and EOD: Disposal training, small arms, hand to hand, vehicular operation.
Note: He is a member of Ben's squad.

Harold Aeul
Species: Human
Appearance: light bronze skin tone with black head hair, brown eyes and heavy build.  Well muscled and very fit.  It would appear his favorite past time is working out.  He is around 6ft 1in in height.
Occupation: Army Special Forces, Heavy Weapons Expert (Merchant Marine)
Skills: Heavy weapons, small arms, hand to hand, EVA trained, Emergency Medical Training
Note: He is a member of Ben's squad.

Rino Jinguji
Species: Snow Leopard
Appearance: white fur with brown-black rings scattered across her fur.  She has amber eyes and grayish headfur.  She is fairly thin and wears glasses, though her eyesight is okay for distance.  She stands 5ft 4in in height.
Occupation: Army Special Forces, Computer Expert (Privateer. Former Trade Consortium Special Operations Weather technician)
Skills: Computer operations and extensive programming, computer hardware and networking experience, meteorological technician training, expert weapons and combat training  
Note: She is a member of Ben's squad.

Cyndi Katsura
Species: Timber wolf
Appearance: gray-black back, dark brown-gray sides and white chest and belly.  Her eyes are sapphire blue with brown cephalic hair.  She is rather thin for a wolf, but built like a gymnast.  She is 5ft 8in in height.
Occupation: Army Special Forces, Communications Expert (Corporate Ship crew member)
Skills: communications technical training, defense systems (spacecraft), shuttle operations, expert weapons and combat training, gymnastics and acrobatics
Note: She is a member of Ben's squad.

Azlan

Sorry about triple posting, but the situation isn't as evil as it might look... though it is a lot worse than it is meant to be because of a few unknown factors.

And the floating vixen is not Acadian... she uses powers reputed to be known as technomancy, just a lot more direct and freely available than they tend to be.