Games you lurve

Started by Unbeknownst, July 27, 2009, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2009, 08:27:06 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 31, 2009, 06:49:34 AM
And besides, it's not like we -wanted- to live here. We just adapted after Britain dumped us.

I think it was a case of 'go there or be hanged'  :B

Well, we're all hung as it is, sooo.....

(on topic!)

While my favouritest favourite games flip flop about as I wallow through new games or into nostalgia, a recent release on Steam - Nikopol - Secrets of the Immortals has eaten all my attention. Primarily because being a point and click first person adventure game with an emphasis on neat puzzles that actually make me -think- for once, I'm having the time of my life stretching my brain, given I haven't had a good adventure puzzle in a long time.

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kenji

Quote from: Marmonstein on July 31, 2009, 01:31:37 AM
Quote from: Kenji on July 30, 2009, 01:37:51 PM
Son of a... how did I forget Tail Concerto...

I can't believe that there's someone else who knows about that game besides my sister and I. XD

After my brother found the demo on a GamePro disc, when the demo was in Japanese, I bugged the crap out of the local game store until finally it was reservable.

Brownie

Right now?

Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge (Mental Omega Mod)
Demi-God (Insatiable vampires FTW.)

That's really it.
When I'm not playing RA2 or on teh interwebz, I'm beating up demi-gods to become the next God.

And Unbeknownst, I'm going to be the first to give you +1 whatever that thing is (I know it doesn't make up for the -4) for actually making a post, let alone topic, that actually had some merit and was (is) worth replying to.

Tapewolf

Quote from: The DXM on July 28, 2009, 04:55:03 PM
I hope it's almost as good as locking Walton Simons in the closet and putting UNATCO into the state of a functional mad house.
Sadly I seem to have tapped out most of that kind of stuff.  However I have just discovered that putting barrels on the energy lathes in the Versalife lab has some rather interesting effects.
The poison barrels in particular will drop the frame rate to one frame per second on my dual-core 2.4GHz machine, and create an ever-increasing cloud of evil so intense that it will kill Denton in under two seconds.  Note that the barrel is not destroyed, and the cloud is far in excess of what you'd usually get by damaging the barrel slightly.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/Shot0003.png

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/Shot0002.png

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sicill

Games I enjoy?

Alpha Centauri
Avernum 1,2 & Exile 3
Civilization 3 & 4
Deus Ex
Diablo 2 and Expansion
Fallout 3
Marathon 1, Durandal, Evil, Infinity, Red & Rubicon
Myst & Riven
Okami
Pocket Tanks
Warcraft 2 & 3

RJ

I forgot to say Eternal Sonata.

It's preeeetty.

Gareeku

-a few Street Fighter games (Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter IV to name some)
-King of Fighters XI (have yet to play XII)
-Capcom vs SNK 2
-Marvel vs Capcom 2
-Blazblue
-Garou: Mark of the Wolves
-Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (cannot WAIT for Tekken 6)
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Tomb Raider games

So yeah. A bit of a fighting game nut. Oh well.

Tipod

A fighting game nut but no Def Jam? >:[
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Gareeku

ooklah

in non-elemental order:

EvE Online
Guildwars
Audio Surf
DDR
Team Fortress 2
Munchkin  >:3
Odin Sphere
Okami
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: RJ on August 02, 2009, 09:33:53 AM

It's preeeetty.

I've wanted to play that one so bad.. I'm a bit infatuated with the guy in the tophat...  >:3 ANYWAYS!

My extensive list of games include:

Kingdome Hearts (1 and chain of memories)
DDR (ultimate favorite)
A tiny bit of Prince of Persia.. although I mostly just watch

... and that's right ooklah.. you like DDR.... I know you do...  >:3

Succubus_1982

(Hope this thread is still recent enough that I'm not necroing here)

I've never been a fan of console games and I am usually too broke to afford to buy all the latest new games for the PC so most of my favourite games are really REALLY old-school retro.

Of first person shooters I like the old Doom games, Tomb Raider games, Duke Nukem 3D games and Wolfenstein. Uh Blake Stone also.

Platforms I like.... The old pre-3D Duke Nukem games, Cosmos Cosmic Adventures (cute and fun if v.childish), Lemmings, Jazz Jackrabbit (1 & 2) Hocus Pocus, Alien Carnage (aka Halloween Harry), Bio Menace, Captain Comic (officially the cruddiest platform game ever xD but I loved it), Commander Keen, Monster Bash (This one was one of my FAVOURITES it was so campy and fun!) Prince of Persia (I'm talking about the OLD OLD original version here, though I've seen a friend play the new ones and they do look pretty awesome) um many more like that, that I can't remember....

Adventure games. i.e. the Point & Click variety. Probably my favourite kind of games. I had all the Leisure Suit Larrys (yes I'm a bad dirty girl), Space Quest, Kings Quest, Simon the Sorcerer, The Feeble Files etc.

Aside from that there were one or two racing or flight simulator games that were playable and some card games I liked. I'm also fond of Mahjong.

Would I ever get a console and play new games? Probably not. I've never really liked the way consoles are controlled and a large chunk of the new games just don't hold the fascination for me that the old retro ones do. I guess that's just the way I am. I would quite fancy trying out the new Prince of Persia though if I could afford it for PC.

Oh I forgot..... I also used to play sim games like The Sims and strategy games like AOE.

By the way anyone interested in trying out any of these old games for nostalgia's sake most of them can be downloaded here http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/games/ You may need to download a patch to make some of them work if your PC doesn't have DOS. http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ is another good site for user-made Adventure games (point & click) its where I got the majority of my updated versions of Kings Quest games.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: wuffnpuff on August 03, 2009, 05:17:13 PM

It's preeeetty.

I've wanted to play that one so bad.. I'm a bit infatuated with the guy in the tophat...  >:3 ANYWAYS!

The combat system makes me feel so annoyed I want to EAT KITTENS.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

JackTheCubiWolf

For me? Basically every video game I've ever played. And I've played a lot. Although, right now I'm focusing on the multiplayer for Call of Duty World at War for the Wii.
I'm back, and tired.

RJ

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 13, 2009, 06:00:06 AM
Quote from: wuffnpuff on August 03, 2009, 05:17:13 PM

It's preeeetty.

Really? I have no problems with it... maybe it's just me and the fact I've played it a bajillion times now.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: RJ on August 14, 2009, 07:14:19 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 13, 2009, 06:00:06 AM

Really? I have no problems with it... maybe it's just me and the fact I've played it a bajillion times now.

EAT. KITTENS. I ended up trading it in because of it, honestly. Don't get me wrong, the plot was intriguing and the music is lovely. But with the seemingly arbitrary timing required on some of the blocking animations and the fact that "you didn't grind up your levels" lead to "new area monsters kill you really easily"... yeah. I liked everything BUT the combat system. :u