Throat scratch

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, July 11, 2009, 01:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Hope you feel better Amber. And that's a very nice picture. If the comic wasn't rated MA, I'd check it out. Maybe in 2 years when I'm 18. But this is about Amber. Get lots of rest. And drink plenty of liquids.
I'm back, and tired.

Garsemor

And don't try to make the comic whit your teeth like last time. Stay in bed or I'll strap you in.

Chaos

Thread Hijack!

Who else got Con Crud. I've seems to have had the same thing as Mab Only the throat scratchies have moved into my sinuses. I can live with this. I need my vocal box for my living. I can be dieing on the phone, hacking up a lung and I'll still work, I Just as long as I have my voice.

Anyone else have interesting and new plagues from the con?

KyleEverett

My friends got sick from the con as well. I wonder if it was a plague that started there.

MT Hazard

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on July 11, 2009, 01:54:22 AM
If the comic wasn't rated MA, I'd check it out.

A male person on the internet who actually respects age restrictions?  Your a rare breed my friend, well done.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

JackTheCubiWolf

Although, I do read Just Another Web Comic by Tikiman. And Jack if you ever heard of that comic. They both have very good storys.
I'm back, and tired.

MT Hazard

Just Another Web Comic doesn't have much to cause offence (occasional anthro nudity) but Jack is down right disturbing in places. (Like Drip - Brain Bleach! Brain Bleeeach!)

JackTheCubiWolf

I hate Drip so much! I wish I could beat the crap out of him. But lets stay on topic. Amber, I hope you feel better.
I'm back, and tired.

Keleth

So, review facts.

Amber and a few other folks get sick at a con.

Anthro Con to be specific

Germs tend to breed in areas that aren't properly cleaned. . . or cleaned at all.

You dirty dirty furries  :U

If I ever make it to anthrocon, I'm setting up a stand to sell soap and deoderant.
Help! I'm gay!

JackTheCubiWolf

Hey, do insult use furrys!
I'm back, and tired.

Keleth

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on July 11, 2009, 06:04:01 PM

Okay, I will be sure to insult us furries.
Help! I'm gay!

Timothy

Get well soon ... and that's a really nice Mab picture.  :mowmeep

PS: Are these fillers kept in the archive somewhere ? Just wondering because some seem real keepers.
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Drathorin on July 11, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on July 11, 2009, 06:04:01 PM

Okay, I will be sure to insult us furries.

I MEANT DON'T!! :U
I'm back, and tired.

bill

I love to insult furries

rabid_fox

I can't imagine being as sick as Amber gets. But then, I'm a superhero.

Oh dear.

Naldru

Uncle Kage (those who have been to Anthrocon know who I mean) has stated that there are three magic numbers for staying healthy:  8, 3, and 1.  Every day at Anthrocon, you should have 8 hours of sleep, 3 meals, and 1 shower.

Be careful who you insult, lest you arouse the fantastic fists of furry fury.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

JackTheCubiWolf

Oh Noes! It's become worse! Get lots of rest while I hide under my bed from it.
I'm back, and tired.

Turnsky

Con Crud, it was inevitable, i guess.

somebody needs to donate Amber an environmental suit for next time.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

I begin to wonder... the more people wish Amber the best of health, the worse she gets.

Coincidence? I think not...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Chaos on July 11, 2009, 05:50:47 AM
Thread Hijack!

Who else got Con Crud. I've seems to have had the same thing as Mab Only the throat scratchies have moved into my sinuses. I can live with this. I need my vocal box for my living. I can be dieing on the phone, hacking up a lung and I'll still work, I Just as long as I have my voice.

Con Crud is a result of two things:

• Mingling with several hundred folks all across the country / world, who bring with them their own diseases and immunities... but get exposed to everyone else's diseases, which they AREN'T necessarily immune to. That is to say, you may be feeling okay when you get to the con, but that's because you've built up a tolerance, and most folks at the con won't have that tolerance.
  • Poor diet / health decisions at the con itself. It MAY be tempting to just eat junk food the entire time and stay up all night three nights in a row... but it's a proven recipe for weakening your immune system too, making you all the more susceptible to trouble.

So really, it doesn't matter how clean you are or how clean the building is.

Weak immune system + Lots of new viruses from all over the place = People getting sick!

Since you can't really keep people from bringing their own personal petri dish of flesh to the convention, the only reasonable way to head off Con Crud is to keep your immune system strong. This means:

• Take vitamins every day during the con (including travel days) to counteract any lack of nutrition.
  • Maintain a minimal level of sleep / hygiene to keep your body healthy and your immune system at full power. (You don't need your full eight hours of sleep, but at least a shower every day)
  • Eat a reasonable amount of food while at the convention. Peanut Butter and Jelly may not sound tasty, but it beats starvation.

Yes, it may cut into your partying a bit, but it freakin' works.

Joe3210

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 12, 2009, 10:19:41 AM
Quote from: Chaos on July 11, 2009, 05:50:47 AM
Thread Hijack!

Con Crud is a result of two things:

• Mingling with several hundred folks all across the country / world, who bring with them their own diseases and immunities... but get exposed to everyone else's diseases, which they AREN'T necessarily immune to. That is to say, you may be feeling okay when you get to the con, but that's because you've built up a tolerance, and most folks at the con won't have that tolerance.
  • Poor diet / health decisions at the con itself. It MAY be tempting to just eat junk food the entire time and stay up all night three nights in a row... but it's a proven recipe for weakening your immune system too, making you all the more susceptible to trouble.

So really, it doesn't matter how clean you are or how clean the building is.

Weak immune system + Lots of new viruses from all over the place = People getting sick!

Since you can't really keep people from bringing their own personal petri dish of flesh to the convention, the only reasonable way to head off Con Crud is to keep your immune system strong. This means:

• Take vitamins every day during the con (including travel days) to counteract any lack of nutrition.
  • Maintain a minimal level of sleep / hygiene to keep your body healthy and your immune system at full power. (You don't need your full eight hours of sleep, but at least a shower every day)
  • Eat a reasonable amount of food while at the convention. Peanut Butter and Jelly may not sound tasty, but it beats starvation.

Yes, it may cut into your partying a bit, but it freakin' works.
This also works for college life.  Also, for dormitory life, be sure to buy a mattress to bring with you for better sleep.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

MT Hazard

Just looked at the photobucket pictures, they are.... interesting. Anyone know if are the calenders going to be available to order? (probably not but I can dream)

I'd buy one anyway.

Sofox

Cons: Got con crud.

Pros: Got one and a half days of work. Wahoo!

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 12, 2009, 01:40:02 PM
Just looked at the photobucket pictures, they are.... interesting. Anyone know if are the calenders going to be available to order? (probably not but I can dream)

My understanding is that the originals were lost.  Now, it might be possible to scan in Rafe's calendar or one of the other existing examples and retouch it, but it might be easier for Amber just to do another one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

I'm a real pushover when I go to conventions. Put me in the middle of a city and I'll be sure to be feeling dizzy and ill within a day. I don't handle fumes well.

But get well soon, Amber!  :<

JackTheCubiWolf

I won't have to worry when I have to go. I have a very strong immune system.
I'm back, and tired.

OminousShadow

I would have to be careful going to a con. I gets sick easily sometimes.
Get well soon Amber.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Anri

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 12, 2009, 10:19:41 AM

These work wonders! I personally popped a few vitamin c tablets each day at the con, usually when I woke up and before I went to bed. sometimes when I just stopped by the room. And yes, sleep. Sleep good.[/list]

Kimmy

Ironically enough, the only sickness I got was an upset stomach the whole con due to stress-related issues. <.< Which of course went away one day after I got home.

Ambah! Salt water gargles, they work wonders for the scratchy throats!
Oh god, there are so many tails D:

Jer-oh-me

Considering that I'm not much more resistant to bugs than lady Amber, I have not felt especially inclined to attend any, lack of income not withstanding. Though (And I suggested this in another thread) I think it might be a good idea for her to get a stock of those generic white surgical masks and draw stuff on them, would be a more practical piece of conswag than others. But I dunno. It does have some rather unfortunate implications. Personally I just want a surgical mask with a chibi-Abel on it.