What if? A game of hopefully boredom crushing possibilities.

Started by Netrogo, May 18, 2009, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Meh bored thought I'd try my hand at coming up with a spam game.

For this the rules are simple. I'll start with a random 'what if' question. The next person answers it then posts their own question, and so on and so forth.

With that in mind....

What if the world was made of cake instead of rock?

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Corgatha Taldorthar

It would have lower density. And thus lower mass, assuming the volume stays the same. It probably wouldn't have enough weight to hold in the lighter atmospheric gases. So we'd all suffocate.

What if the weather predictors were right say, one in four, one in five times?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Dannysaysnoo

Then we'd have hurricanes in England a lot more often.

What if grass was made of glass?

Netrogo

People would watch their step alot more... Also seeing people fall would be ten times more hilarious :mwaha

What if bananas were sentient?

bradypodidae

Then that kid in North Carolina would be up on Murder charges, not just armed robbery.

What if plate tectonics sped up?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Corgatha Taldorthar

The elections in India would be a lot less important.

What if sneezing was a deadly weapon?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Netrogo

Then I would be able to take over the world with nothing but a handful of dust.

What if someone actually figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Sprocketsdance

Then we can ring that wretched owl's neck and say "See?! It isn't just three! It isn't that easy!!!"

What if Furrae was real.....  :erk

Netrogo

That prehensile tail would really come in handy :P

What if the human life expectancy was only a week?

bradypodidae

Alimony rates would by really low.

What if Einstein and all the rest are wrong and the speed of light isn't the cosmic speed limit.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

Then the cosmic cops will have a fun time pulling me over!

What if you realized what you were eating was human brains?

Netrogo

*looks down at his bowl* And? *continues eating 'bowels and brains' breakfast of champions*

What if money really did grow on trees?

insidexml

The conservation of trees suddenly becomes a whole lot more important.

What if we ever find a white hole?
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

bradypodidae

The scientist of the world will go insane trying to figure out how something that ejects everything could still exist.

What if we discovered that black holes are indeed portals through time and space.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkdragon

Depends on what kinds of black holes. To be precise, a Kerr black hole is a portal though time and space, with the caveat that you won't be able to "steer" your way though the hole. This is because the singularity point inside a Kerr black hole actually rotates, forming a singularity "loop". Passing though the loop allows crossing though the world line without breaking the cosmic speed limit. Except we can't tell if a black hole is a Kerr black hole or otherwise with the tools we have. </nerdy physics>

What if you woke up one morning in a locked room with no recollection of how you got there?

GabrielsThoughts

you'd be a house cat

what if there were augmented reality constructs that existed in the physical world but could only bee seen through the lens of a video camera?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bradypodidae

You would be stuck trying to develop a wearable see-through head mounted display that would track your position and orientation, enabling you to use a computer generated model of the your environment projected onto your Heads Up display, that would facilitate navigation around the constructs.

What if you had accurate premonitions, but you could never get anyone to believe you.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkdragon

Start a blog or livejournal and talk about these premonitions. When they come true I'll have a cult following.

What if furniture started to rebel?

shadowterm

People would have really bad back problems, until someone got the bright idea of cleansing by fire.

What if the world was run by people with ADHD?
/)//w//(\

Draken

Would it really be all that different? :P

What if we figure out the cure for cancer, and it turned out to be someing so stupidly obvious?

"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Sprocketsdance

That would be the biggest palm slap to the forehead in history.. Well, besides when Columbus realized he didn't reach India..

What if people could fly?

Corgatha Taldorthar

The government would make the ability llegal to prop up the airlines.

What if South Park became the world's most popular religion?

Angel

The different sects would get along, for the most part... but the Cartman sect would be secretly trying to take over the world, or just waste their time belittling members of the Kyle sect. The Stan sect would have to act as the lone voice of reason between all the different sects, and of course, due to a very high amount of casualties in the Kenny sect, people would be very reluctant to join.

What if hiccups were a symptom of cancer?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Draken

Then I would have been dead a looooooooong time ago.

What if it turns out that dolphins really ARE like in HGttG?
Go get'em, Jy!

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

bradypodidae

The question "are we alone" will become moot, and I pity all the commercial net fisheries such as the tuna industry (although I imagine PETA would squeal in delirious joy).

What if "paying it forward" actually caught on as a worldwide phenomenon.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lysander

The world would probably be far less angsty thinking of everyone else's problems instead of its own.

What if I've been killing innocent people for no reason?   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Draken

Then you'd be no different that any other game player, in Jack Thompson's eyes.

What if carrots started to revolt?
Go get'em, Jy!

Angel

Hm. I ate carrots all the time when I was little, but I developed allergies and haven't eaten a carrot in years. So I'd be stuck here pondering whether I'm saved or screwed.

What if technology aged at a rate all of us were comfortable with?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

bradypodidae

Then we would all exist on our own plane or dimension of reality as it would probably be a rare event that two different persons would have identical views on a comfortable rate of technology aging.

What if the upgrades to the Hubble Space Telescope actually allowed NASA scientist to see a true edge to the Universe?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Draken

Then so many of us will be crushed that the universe is not endless, and that there are finite possibilities afterall.  But eh negative feeling people will win at least.

What if it turns out that all the colors we see were actually in reverse?
Go get'em, Jy!