05/04/09 [DMFA #998] - Dreaming about cute girls

Started by AmigaDragon, May 04, 2009, 02:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Oh I can argue against dreams merely being endless repeats based on dozens of personal experiences.  Many of my most amazing story ideas came from dreams in which entirely unique scenrios and sceneries were created from sheer imagination.  

One fairly recent example that I wish to pursue was a dream in which a meteor shower in which the meteors were large enough to impact the Earth held within it a number of seemingly indestructible metalic masks which held the imprisoned souls of a demonic race.  The first person to touch each mask was possessed by the entity and slowly transformed into the entity's original body.

Another example is a dream in which I was driving in a foreign country through landscapes unlike anything I'd ever seen or imagined before, through cities I know don't exist, and topographical and climatic zones that are highly improbable.

And then there are my Anthrocon dreams.  They always take place in hotels that are unlike any places I've ever seen.  It's very hard to explain them, because the locations are so foreign.  They always are realistic, in that the landscape and architecture are quite sound and feasible, but they are in places that I absolutely do not recognize, in towns with staggering levels of details, all of which are unique in each dream.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

inuhanyo

Quote from: Naldru on May 05, 2009, 01:03:41 PM
Looking at the picture, Dan and Regina appear to be in a hot place surrounded by flames.  Although no one has commented on it, it could be suggestive.

It would not be a suprise, if a fire got stated during the original incident.

Worst case, Dan is having a nightmare of fighting Regina forever in hell.  But the background doesn't look infernal enough for that, thankfully.

Naldru

Quote from: inuhanyo on May 06, 2009, 12:54:22 AM
Looking at the picture, Dan and Regina appear to be in a hot place surrounded by flames.  Although no one has commented on it, it could be suggestive.
Worst case, Dan is having a nightmare of fighting Regina forever in hell.  But the background doesn't look infernal enough for that, thankfully.
That was my assumption.  I also think that Dan would feel that any place with Regina  in it would be infernal enough.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Garsemor

Dreams are complex they mean one thing, but can represent many others at the same time. Usually the dreamer doesn't remember the dream clearly enough to understand it.

We lose more subconscious ideas and solutions that way. :<

Foxfire

Regina was cute by a simple view, because you see her and your mind fills in the blanks as you want them. However, the more I've learned of her I've cared less and less of her as being cute and instead whiney, snively, and generally not a good villain. Just a demon who has power and flaunts it like a blunt club even though she is just like the average teenage being, just murderous. So far she had made me laugh, laugh at her. That counts as cute in a way? Nah.

GundamDragon

Regina is cute but then a gain so are snakes. but she dose have a pampered princess feel to her but i doubt a demon princes will ride in on a fell stead to save her from Danny next time they met.

Kenway975

Quote from: Garsemor on May 06, 2009, 04:34:44 PM
Dreams are complex they mean one thing, but can represent many others at the same time. Usually the dreamer doesn't remember the dream clearly enough to understand it.

We lose more subconscious ideas and solutions that way. :<
That's assuming the dreamer even remembers anything. I for one never remember any part of my dreams

Quote from: inuhanyo on May 04, 2009, 07:39:53 AM
Given what he's wearing, it's probably not a full on flashback, not yet.  Of course, I could be mistaken, there could have been a reason he wasn't wearing his robe on that occasion.
Well, if you refer to #876, Dan did not have the robe until after he finished with Adventure's school. And it's been established it's been 6 years since the incident involving Regina... However I am not sure of the locations on a time table the two events occurred, so I'm not sure if it's really a valid reason or not. But if the incident happened before Dan got out of school, it could be one reason why he does not have the robe on... assuming this is a dream based on a flashback.

I'm just assuming that it is just a dream of him killing Regina. If there are any important details in it, I am sure they will become apparent at a later date in a later strip. But that's based on the big assumption that there is anything really important about the details of the dream.

JackTheCubiWolf

If it was before he finished school, he probably wouldn't have survived the encounter.
I'm back, and tired.

Keleth

You are all clearly mis-understanding the intent of this dream.

From the imagery, the color tones and the character's respective stances.

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?!

Regina is OBVIOUSLY Dan's Mother!

IT IS THE ONLY WAY IT MAKES SENSE  :U
Help! I'm gay!

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Drathorin on May 07, 2009, 07:16:02 AM
You are all clearly mis-understanding the intent of this dream.

From the imagery, the color tones and the character's respective stances.

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?!

Regina is OBVIOUSLY Dan's Mother!

IT IS THE ONLY WAY IT MAKES SENSE  :U
But the lyrics go like this:
But the sword that cut him open
Was the sword in his mother's hand

GASP!!

Dan is Regina's mother! :mowninja

Mao

And given that Aniz is probably Dan's real father,  That means!  Oh GODS!  Aniz has built an even more powerful clan!  He not only has his 'Cubi clan built, but he's branched into Demons!

Then Aniz was the zombies. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 07, 2009, 10:07:00 AM
And given that Aniz is probably Dan's real father,  That means!  Oh GODS!  Aniz has built an even more powerful clan!  He not only has his 'Cubi clan built, but he's branched into Demons!

We've never seen Dan.  He was killed and replaced by a tri-winged incubus who assumed his identity.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2009, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 07, 2009, 10:07:00 AM

We've never seen Dan.  He was killed and replaced by a tri-winged incubus who assumed his identity.

Bwahaha, no no

Ya see

. .

It's all Pyroduck :E everything, and everyone, is Pyroduck
Help! I'm gay!

Akisohida

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 05, 2009, 01:40:26 PM
Let me think about this.  We have people applying Freudian psychoanalysis to a fictional character.
That would seem a bit OTT.  I think most people are just trying to work out whether it's a recollection from before, or a generic dream of himself battling Regina.
However I do question Ghost's apparent assertion that dreams can only ever be replays of prior events.

Hear, hear. I once had a dream that I was going to be hit by a car while crossing the rotary on my way to work. I woke up, was walking to work, was about to step into the rotary when I stopped as the dream just kinda popped into my head. Before I could even blink, a dink sped by, yakking on his cell phone.

If I had not had the dream, and then remembered the dream, it would have happened. :mowdizzy

Edit: Where did I get -8 rep from? o.O Though Charline would disagree, I am a loveable arachnivulpe-taur!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Mao

Lisky

Mr -553... you wouldn't care about your reputation... i'm more concerned with, how did i manage to get +17... i mean seriously... where did that come from?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mao

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on May 07, 2009, 12:17:41 PM
Mr -553... you wouldn't care about your reputation... i'm more concerned with, how did i manage to get +17... i mean seriously... where did that come from?

My goal is to catch up to llearch and Darkmoon someday.  I hope to someday be as awesome as them. :3  At this time though, I've still got a long way to go.

Keleth

Isn't it obvious what happened Bas?

It's all because of the Theorizers :o

It's like scientology, only with comics :3
Help! I'm gay!

Garsemor

Quote from: Akisohida on May 07, 2009, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 05, 2009, 01:40:26 PM
Let me think about this.  We have people applying Freudian psychoanalysis to a fictional character.
That would seem a bit OTT.  I think most people are just trying to work out whether it's a recollection from before, or a generic dream of himself battling Regina.
However I do question Ghost's apparent assertion that dreams can only ever be replays of prior events.

Hear, hear. I once had a dream that I was going to be hit by a car while crossing the rotary on my way to work. I woke up, was walking to work, was about to step into the rotary when I stopped as the dream just kinda popped into my head. Before I could even blink, a dink sped by, yakking on his cell phone.

If I had not had the dream, and then remembered the dream, it would have happened. :mowdizzy

Edit: Where did I get -8 rep from? o.O Though Charline would disagree, I am a loveable arachnivulpe-taur!

As I said before dreams can, on rare occasions, permit a person to witness future events. You have just given a good example of such a rare phenomena.

Howl

Quote from: Foxfire on May 06, 2009, 08:00:03 PM
Regina was cute by a simple view, because you see her and your mind fills in the blanks as you want them. However, the more I've learned of her I've cared less and less of her as being cute and instead whiney, snively, and generally not a good villain. Just a demon who has power and flaunts it like a blunt club even though she is just like the average teenage being, just murderous. So far she had made me laugh, laugh at her. That counts as cute in a way? Nah.

I'm pretty sure most Demons, and some Fay/Fey/however it's spelled do that. You know, Albanion.

JackTheCubiWolf

It's spelled Fae. And he did get a restraining order on their entire race.
I'm back, and tired.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

JackTheCubiWolf

He, that's what I meant to put.

EDIT: I fixed it.
I'm back, and tired.