05/03/09 [DMFA #997] - She makes a good point

Started by Jairus, May 03, 2009, 02:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on May 03, 2009, 11:12:49 AM
I was wondering since Cubi are shape shifters then wouldn't it be possible for Abel to become a girl and have a kid with Jy.

I don't think sex changes are that easy...

Tapewolf

I was wondering since Cubi are shape shifters then wouldn't it be possible for Abel to become a girl and have a kid with Jy.
As Minishear said, it's not that simple.  There is a big difference between being able to appear female and actually building the mechanisms to allow him to get pregnant.  I'd have to dig up the references, but last time someone ran this past Amber, she said that you'd have to have some kind of magical operation to change sex with pretty much all the complications involved in a sex-change operation in our world, plus a few more.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 03, 2009, 11:34:55 AM
As Minishear said, it's not that simple.  There is a big difference between being able to appear female and actually building the mechanisms to allow him to get pregnant.  I'd have to dig up the references, but last time someone ran this past Amber, she said that you'd have to have some kind of magical operation to change sex with pretty much all the complications involved in a sex-change operation in our world, plus a few more.

Ah, I was about to post that, but you said it much better.

Besides, that would be one fetish (MPreg) I'd rather not drag into DMFA. And besides that, there's a few minor hurdles between here and there, and they could always adopt...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Don

Seeing Jyrras happy is really great, he definitely deserves to have an enjoyable life.

I think walking up and flat out asking the question on Jy's mind is harder than most think, especially in his situation. While yes, it probably would be the easiest way, it might not have the best results as if he does drag it out and play a bit.

..I do somewhat feel sorry for Abel though, if these staged series of events go through. They could be entertaining for him, or it could end up as a total mess. Either way, interested to see how it plays out.

Also wondering how Dan and DP's conditions are doing, hope they'll be alright.

Garsemor

Cubi can shape shift they're look by morphing they're wings and adjusting mass but they have no known powers to change they're internal selves. It is impossible for a cubi to change his/her bass sex. Heck they go truth enough changes as is changing they're stomach from natural to magic based, losing the ability to dream and they're need to sleep etc...
I don't think they need more changes to they're structure.

Howl

Quote from: Garsemor on May 03, 2009, 12:08:45 PM

Cubi can shape shift they're look by morphing they're wings and adjusting mass but they have no known powers to change they're internal selves. It is impossible for a cubi to change his/her base sex. Heck they go truth enough changes as is changing they're stomach from natural to magic based, losing the ability to dream and they're need to sleep etc...
I don't think they need more changes to they're structure.

A sex change is possible, just not easy. I think I read somewhere that while it can be done, doing it too many times leaves someone's physical being unstable, or something like that. I dunno. I think I also read somewhere that there are specific restrooms for students that have went through a sex change. I don't know, don't quote me on it.

Lay-Man's Terms: They can sex-change, but too many times makes it screw up bad.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Minishear on May 03, 2009, 12:14:36 PM
A sex change is possible, just not easy. I think I read somewhere that while it can be done, doing it too many times leaves someone's physical being unstable, or something like that.

IIRC that was a magical sex-change.  It involves modifying the individual's DNA and each time this change is made you increase the risk of it malfunctioning into cancer.  It wasn't specific to 'Cubi, either.

QuoteI dunno. I think I also read somewhere that there are specific restrooms for students that have went through a sex change. I don't know, don't quote me on it.
When it came out that the wards on the restroom door only allow people who are of a specific sex to enter, someone asked what happened if someone shapeshifted for a lark, or if they had a sex-change.
Amber's reply was that the wards only allowed in people who believed they are that particular sex.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 03, 2009, 12:18:49 PM
QuoteI dunno. I think I also read somewhere that there are specific restrooms for students that have went through a sex change. I don't know, don't quote me on it.
When it came out that the wards on the restroom door only allow people who are of a specific sex to enter, someone asked what happened if someone shapeshifted for a lark, or if they had a sex-change.
Amber's reply was that the wards only allowed in people who believed they are that particular sex.
So, could a pre-change transexual could go into that specific gender's bathroom?

Tapewolf

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 03, 2009, 12:25:51 PM
Quote from: Jairus on May 03, 2009, 12:24:06 PM
So, could a pre-change transexual could go into that specific gender's bathroom?
Possibly.

As for the sex-change stuff:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4497.msg192040.html#msg192040
and
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4497.msg192367.html#msg192367

EDIT:
Here's your answer about the wards:
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum2229.htm#ref33
And now I'm having a mental image of someone hypnotized/mind-controlled so much that they really do believe that they are of another gender... pranks must get pretty complicated in SAIA.

Lisky

Quote from: Jairus on May 03, 2009, 12:48:46 PM

And now I'm having a mental image of someone hypnotized/mind-controlled so much that they really do believe that they are of another gender... pranks must get pretty complicated in SAIA.

or, mind shield + appearance sex change to cause extreme confusion for the victim... actually, horrible thought... one looses concentration on their 'new' appearance, reverting to their standard form during the actual act... how awkward would that be?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

inuhanyo

Quote from: Jairus on May 03, 2009, 03:54:40 AM
Quote from: Garsemor on May 03, 2009, 03:46:40 AM
I just know something is going to happen. Jy has never had much luck, and it's rarely a good idea to let others meddle in a persons social affairs. Also I think one gay is enough per comic. In fact this is starting to resemble that canon arc pages 172 until 193.
Ah, but Abel may be bisexual, in which case there still is only one gay character in the cast!

Or Abel could be straight. But seriously, what are the odds of that? Or he could simply not wish to pursue a relationship at this time, but is open to the prospect of pursuing one later...

Abel has made an art of being alone and pushing people away, for reasons his backstory  may make clear, but a good guess is possible now.  Fa'Lina called him on it after she sent him to Lost Lake.

Naldru

Perhaps Alexsi is late because Abel arrived and she's talking to him before bringing him downstairs to talk to the others.

Given Abel's description of shape changing, it seems to be more a matter of moving body mass and changing color, which would seem to rule out sex changes.  However, the full-magic approach does seem to have less limitations.

Has anyone considered major shock twists that may occur around strip 1000, such as:

Abel:  Dan, I am your half-brother.

Abel:  Jyrras, didn't you know that I was married to Aaryanna.

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ghostwish

And Wildy with the direct approach. You know, with how often one goes with staged events, it makes me wonder if the alternative would actually work.

Kenji

27 people seems enough. That's a small orchestra.

Naldru

Quote from: Kenji on May 03, 2009, 09:39:12 PM
Yes, but we're looking for a full symphony.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kenji

Quote from: Naldru on May 03, 2009, 10:41:07 PM
Quote from: Kenji on May 03, 2009, 09:39:12 PM
Yes, but we're looking for a full symphony.

He never said symphonate. Just orchestrate.