01/04/09 [PF #57.314159] - Comprehensive tour

Started by Sofox, April 01, 2009, 06:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2009, 10:46:31 AM
Quote from: Pagan on April 03, 2009, 10:32:14 AM
Amber drew a pic of Niall? Can the plebs see this picture?

I thought there was a link in the commissions thread, but I can't find it.

Anyway, these are the coloured-line versions.  I have black-line versions which I actually prefer, but not on me (I'm at work).  I used them for their wiki entries, though.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Niall.png
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Dorcan_Full25.png

...simply put, I couldn't decide which character to commission, so I asked for Jakob, Dorcan and Niall posing for a photo shoot (yes, I paid extra for that).  It's not yet complete, Jakob himself is the missing piece.
Wow... the last I saw of those was a Dorcan doodle months ago. They've really come along, haven't they?

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 03, 2009, 10:46:55 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2009, 09:34:40 AMGood  :P

Amber pointed out a while back that as time goes on, Jyrras's ears will grow large enough to smother entire cities and her characters' hair will become sharp enough to pierce skin.
And at that point, headbutts shall be the most lethal attack in the entire series!

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 03, 2009, 10:46:55 AM
In my case, by the time I'm thirty, every man I draw will end up looking like he's smuggling one of Jupiter's moons in his pants. :<
Which one? Io, Europa, Ganymede, or Callisto? Or one of the smaller non-Galilean moons? And how much will your commission prices be at that point?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Here we go:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Dorcan-Blackline25.png
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Niall-Blackline25.png

Quote from: Jairus on April 03, 2009, 10:59:14 AM
Wow... the last I saw of those was a Dorcan doodle months ago. They've really come along, haven't they?
Well, strictly they're finished.  IIRC we agreed that she was going to create the figures separately so that I could do the character placement as I saw fit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Okay, I lied.  There is an update, just not the one most of you are expecting.  Go see.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2009, 09:34:40 AM
Quote from: Gabi on April 03, 2009, 09:32:55 AM
Ah, right. I'd seen there was something but couldn't read it. Now that I've opened it with The Gimp and reduced the contrast, I've magaged to read it, but it still makes no sense to me. Is it a quote?

Unfortunately it's somewhat UK-centric.  Heck, it was going 2AM when I suddenly got the idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_(TV_series)

What are you talking about? I played with gamma, brightness and contrast and never saw any words show up in my CRT. usually I have more trouble seeing darker stuff because of the reduced dynamic range of my screen, i.e. most of DMFA #989 is too dark for me to see without messing with the gamma in PSP 7.

I saw nothing of any informative use in that wiki link. At least nothing that told me anything about the series.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's a comment under the "project future" tag, in the image.

It's very faint, and only barely visible if you can get the contrast and brightness balanced just right.

Well, ok. It's two comments.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

I just copied it into MS paint and did a black fill of the rest of the image.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... actually, that'd probably be simpler.

Dammit, Sofox, when did you get all sensible and stuff? ;-]

Tapewolf

Just as a heads-up, I put together a fake version of page 58 from spare parts.  As I was uploading it last night, Ren reappeared and suggested I hold off as the proper version would be sent soon.

Tapewolf

Ren seems to be offline again so I've decided to go with the composite page.  More effort went into this one than the last time I had to do this and it follows a basic design Jay gave me.  Thanks.

As usual, when I finally get the lineart I'll replace it.  I won't be able to do that for the next update as it changes scene.

EDIT:

That may be sooner than expected, but not tonight.  Apparently Ren's pen burst and it had to be redrawn.

Tapewolf

Triple-post.  Aren't I wicked?

Anyway.  As a brief announcement, I got the final line-art this morning so there should hopefully be an update of the comic tonight.

However, from the delay it's caused we're not going to have a proper update on schedule Friday, though with luck I'll at least have some kind of ETA by then.  So there might be some kind of filler instead.  When chapter 8 begins we should hopefully be able to build up a short buffer again.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Here I hold the finished piece... "Don Juan Triumphant"!