Weekly Webcast #007: This was a triumph.

Started by Amber Williams, March 22, 2009, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

http://www.justin.tv/balade

This weeks games:
Portal
RE 5
Maybe some more flower. Maybe some random Ratchet and Clank.

Feel free to join us as we chatter about like monkeys and I complain about how much it hurts to try to draw. :U

Mao

Arroyo Milori

I wonder if balade will do a custom map for portal...I hope he does. :3

Draken

We seemed to have naked fun time this podcast.  So said the players.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Psy-Kosh

Heard in the webcast: "Is that a hemroid or are you just happy to see me?"

Lucheek

"Boob, We're a booby-boob. And we bounce bounce bounce and we bounce bounce bounce."

M

The whole Aunt Jemima horror movie thing was pretty much hilarious.

Raiettei

My compy broke whilst I watched this broadcast.

I hate my luck.

It became fine later on, but...

:<

At least it was worth it for all of the stuff that went on.

:boogie

Balade

007 JAVGW - Still Alive!
http://www.justin.tv/clip/ef9b35bd6d13f5c5

This time I enabled the save to HD feature of FMLE and will take a look at the resulting flash files for possibly making the webcast available for listening/viewing offline. Though for a 6 hour broadcast I don't think the filesize will be very small unless i compress or remove the video. I shall see what I can do about making the webcast available for offline viewing for those who are interested =)

Jairus

Quote from: Raiettei on March 22, 2009, 11:56:11 PM
My compy broke whilst I watched this broadcast.

I hate my luck.

It became fine later on, but...

:<

At least it was worth it for all of the stuff that went on.

:boogie
First your speakers, and now this... not much luck you're having there, are you? Poor Raiettei. :hug
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Balade

So the available format for offline downloading right now would be FLV which can be played using VLC Player. The filesize for the usual 6 hour broadcast will be around 1 gb, I'll have to see if I can edit this format file and make a smaller file for offline viewing. If anyone wants to download last night's show for offline viewing let me know and I'll upload it to my webspace for you guys. Otherwise, the broadcast has been converted into clips and the link to 1/27 is in my previous post. Thanks to everyone for showing up and hanging out with us =)

Raiettei

Quote from: Jairus on March 23, 2009, 12:03:53 AM
First your speakers, and now this... not much luck you're having there, are you? Poor Raiettei. :hug

Thanks, man.  :)

Don't get me wrong. I loved this week. It's just... things tend to break and die with me around them. Wanna see my printer? You don't want to see my printer.
:cry

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Balade on March 23, 2009, 12:01:28 AM
007 JAVGW - Still Alive!
http://www.justin.tv/clip/ef9b35bd6d13f5c5

What the heck?!? In between clips 1 and 2...you're missing the beginning and introduction of Portal!

EDIT: In fact...clip 2 is only 5 minutes long, while everything else is 10-15. Did clip 2 get cut somehow?

EDIT EDIT: And the list of clips only goes to 10/27...

Balade

JTV automatically creates the clips, if the "clip" you specify is over 15 minutes in length it automatically segregates portions for clips, which is where you get the ##/## part from. unfortunately this also means it clips out bits here and there. The viewing area for clips should have a "next" button to move onto the next clip in the set, Not sure if that's a feature you have to be logged in to see.  That aside, offline viewing would probably be the only other option, which as i mentioned is a 1gb file. If you want it let me know, might take a while to download though.

I'm so glad we didn't offend too many people with the jemima / roots jokes. I was actually kind of worried at the time that we might be reported or have to deal with offended viewers.

Mao

I would have honestly taken the blame for a lot of them.  I started it.

[disclaimer]
To make it clear for any and everyone though, if I do say something that offends or bothers you (though no one has said as much) I really encourage you to say as much to me.  I'm a very crass person and I admit that.  If I'm offending you, you have to tell me or I'll keep on steamrolling on by.

Don't let the voice and one or two pictures fool you, I'm not a scary guy and I will take your thoughts into consideration. :B
[/disclaimer]

That doesn't just go for the webcast either.  That's anytime, anywhere.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You've offended me, Mao, by suggesting I might be offended.

... now, how do we sort that out? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Balade

DEATH COMBAAAAT!

Wonder if we should do the Still Alive singalong next week as well XD

Draken

"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 23, 2009, 11:07:44 AM
You've offended me, Mao, by suggesting I might be offended.

... now, how do we sort that out? ;-]
Quote from: Balade on March 23, 2009, 11:09:45 AM
DEATH COMBAAAAT!

This.  Now get back to work on that server.  Please?  I feel the need to rant to people who aren't listening and to mock others where I know they won't hear/see it.

Quote from: Balade on March 23, 2009, 11:09:45 AM
Wonder if we should do the Still Alive singalong next week as well XD

I'm not learning the lyrics for that.  If I'm doing it, I'm going to be very drunk and getting as much of it wrong as is possible.

Lisky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 23, 2009, 12:15:51 PM
I'm not learning the lyrics for that.  If I'm doing it, I'm going to be very drunk and getting as much of it wrong as is possible.

i second that motion

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Balade

Mao

Talking to llearch concerning his irc server.  :P  Sorry for not clarifying.  I like your suggestion for solving the dispute between llearch and I.

Balade

If llearch has Soul Calibur IV you could solve this on sunday's webcast too =P

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe I pointed out previously that the closest thing to a console that I have is a DS lite with a busted touchscreen.

Not, I think, a suitable platform to run Soul Caliber on. Although I could be wrong...

Oh, and Mao? As I said to Danny, I'm doing paid work. If you really want the server back that much, my rates are 50 quid an hour...

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 23, 2009, 08:09:44 PM
I believe I pointed out previously that the closest thing to a console that I have is a DS lite with a busted touchscreen.

Not, I think, a suitable platform to run Soul Caliber on. Although I could be wrong...

Oh, and Mao? As I said to Danny, I'm doing paid work. If you really want the server back that much, my rates are 50 quid an hour...

You are?  Sweet!  That's awesome. :D

----------------
Now playing: Habib Koité and Bamada - Din Din Wo (Little Child)
via FoxyTunes

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, I was. For 20 out of the last 22 hours or so. :-(

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 24, 2009, 12:23:23 PM
Yeah, I was. For 20 out of the last 22 hours or so. :-(
Ouch.  :hug Well, at least it's a job, right Boxy?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Temporary, contract work. Which is, I think, now complete.

So, still looking.

Edit: Note that by the time you sent this, I was asleep, and only just woke up. I was _tired_, and in no state to play with anything...

Balade

Quick question, Anyone with a ps3 have Armored Core For Answer?

Been itching to try out the online co-op of that game, what I've seen so far makes it seem like you have to beat missions in order to play them online co-op but it does have a partnership mode in the regular game area. I haven't explored it enough to determine wether or not there is a co-op storymode type play other than splitscreen

Mao

I can't say I have it, but if you want I'd be willing to look into it.  I'll try any game really.