03/26/09 [Abel 2 #50] - Why so serious?

Started by inuhanyo, March 25, 2009, 11:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on March 26, 2009, 03:03:38 PM
Then how come Abel needed RJ and Ink to heal his torn-off wing in ? He was decidedly not dead, but he didn't heal the injury on his own. I always figured regenerators didn't need to think consciously about healing an injury...or do they?
I'm not entirely sure how they do it, but apparently it's fairly common to Creatures.  IIRC there's a link in the wiki.  As for Abel, I imagine it takes a long, long time to regrow a wing naturally (as opposed to using spells to glue it back together).

EDIT:  http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,574.msg10293.html#msg10293

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PinkKitty on March 26, 2009, 03:03:57 PM
=o.o=; I guess I am not the only one who noticed a certain something's tendency to... grow... as Abel's story continues. Perhaps Amber is going through another phase similar to Jy's ears.

I believe Amber has somewhere stated that when she started drawing Fa'Lina, she wasn't able to draw her as she wanted her to appear (if that makes sense).

So what we're seeing is not so much them growing, as Amber's ability to draw what we should see is improving...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Buhamet

Although I find the topic of Fa'Lina's breast size highly interesting, I am wondering exactly how much there is to tell about Aniz, and what he's been doing to upset seemingly hundreds of people (apart from the general "I am your father, and your mother was a useless bag" factor with Abel) Along with how Destania is going to be shown in the rest of Abel's Story......... because now she's beginning to creep me out.......

also, mental note....... Destania = Melodramatic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 26, 2009, 04:05:28 PM
I am wondering exactly how much there is to tell about Aniz
I'm not sure that's what he's going to be told about.  Not just yet, anyway.  There's a heck of a lot of basic information that we know that Abel doesn't.
First and foremost, he needs to be gently told that he's a soul-stealing monster who can read minds and lives for thousands of years...

Buhamet

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 26, 2009, 04:09:58 PM
Quote from: Buhamet on March 26, 2009, 04:05:28 PM
I am wondering exactly how much there is to tell about Aniz
I'm not sure that's what he's going to be told about.  Not just yet, anyway.  There's a heck of a lot of basic information that we know that Abel doesn't.
First and foremost, he needs to be gently told that he's a soul-stealing monster who can read minds and lives for thousands of years...

That's a fair point. After all, he's as new to the whole idea as Dan, but with even less knowledge of the subject....... I just wonder if he'll react the same way as Dan did when told he's live to be thousands of years old....... I have no ide which strip that was though, my mind just blanked.

Also, looking at the new A.S. comic, I'm getting the feeling Fa'Lina doesn't like Destania at all...... maybe Abel will also find out why when told everything else (even if by accident)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 26, 2009, 04:15:02 PM
That's a fair point. After all, he's as new to the whole idea as Dan, but with even less knowledge of the subject....... I just wonder if he'll react the same way as Dan did when told he's live to be thousands of years old....... I have no ide which strip that was though, my mind just blanked.

Strip 308.

N-Cat

Well Dan's only real point of reference was Aaryana, a succubus who befriended Merlitz and was generally nice, while Abel's point of reference was Aniz, who sliced his friend into nice easy pieces.  It's not hard to see who really would turn out better.   Do you guys think that Abel is going to start wearing tons of makeup and 17 belts? I'm not inclined to think so, because he was really concerned with how he looked, and this Abel looks really scared and lonely.  Looks are usually a concern when trying to impress someone, and while I think Abel is going to be emo and angsty, I think that that won't into play until something else makes him depressed.

!KCA