Steam accounts anyone?

Started by Arroyo Milori, March 17, 2009, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arroyo Milori

I'm unsure if there are any people who use steam but it doesn't hurt to try to find out. :3

My steam profile
Games I commonly play:
Team fortress 2
Left 4 Dead

llearch n'n'daCorna

Look around. There's a steam group thread. That probably has everyone else in it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 08:25:46 PM
Look around. There's a steam group thread. That probably has everyone else in it...
To be fair, you did lock that one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arroyo Milori

But I'm not really looking for a group, just people who have a steam account. I mean, we don't need to be in the same group to add them to our friend's list.

ShadesFox

And it is missing a lot of us.  Then again I'm not on it a lot these days.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 08:28:56 PM

Granted. It's a good starting place, though, and opening a thread that says "what's everyone's ID" without mentioning that you've read this other one that lists some of them is starting to look vaguely incompetent, and you know I like to encourage competence... ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 08:41:52 PM
opening a thread that says "what's everyone's ID" without mentioning that you've read this other one that lists some of them is starting to look vaguely incompetent, and you know I like to encourage competence... ;-]

No argument there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 08:41:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 08:28:56 PM

Granted. It's a good starting place, though, and opening a thread that says "what's everyone's ID" without mentioning that you've read this other one that lists some of them is starting to look vaguely incompetent, and you know I like to encourage competence... ;-]
...Even though like one guy posted his steam ID which was right before you posted in that topic. Other than that, I did not see any other Steam IDs but his.

Basically, the topic was about making a steam group for DMFA fans, not really sharing Steam IDs with others.

llearch n'n'daCorna

One is more than zero, and posting "hey, there's this thread, but nobody seems to have posted their id's..." would resolve that issue.

But I digress. I did seem to recall a thread somewhere that had a whole string of steam ID's, but damned if I can find it now... Pity.

Teroniss

I dislike Steam Apps. If the Steam servers go down, trying to play one of their games becomes a task in itself, and I prefer games that don't take a friggin' degree in computer science to get to if not online.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Teroniss on March 18, 2009, 04:04:28 AM
I dislike Steam Apps. If the Steam servers go down, trying to play one of their games becomes a task in itself, and I prefer games that don't take a friggin' degree in computer science to get to if not online.

"Start Steam In Offline Mode"

Works a charm for me the two times I've had to use it. It used to .... not work.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ryudo Lee

I like Steam for the simple fact that I don't have all these CDs lying around anymore, and the whole thing is transferable from computer to computer (which I've already had to do once) so the only re-install process I have to go through for my games is Right-Click, Install.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Teroniss

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 18, 2009, 06:57:57 AM
Quote from: Teroniss on March 18, 2009, 04:04:28 AM

"Start Steam In Offline Mode"

Works a charm for me the two times I've had to use it. It used to .... not work.

Yea, I had to unplug my modem to figure out the bloody thing had an Offline mode. They don't make it very obvious.