03/16/09 [DMFA #983] - Oh, Kria.

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buhamet

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 17, 2009, 11:53:06 AM
I'm not so sure. Abel goes out shirtless half the time, doesn't seem to mind people possibly noticing his own clan marker. He can probably pass along the tip of "just claim it's a tattoo."
Very true, but Dan is a marked man (i.e. the dragons "will kill him as soon as they find out what clan he is") and Abel doesn't have an apparently notorious succubus for a mother. 

Good point, Dan'll have to be careful

Then again, Pyroduck is likely to give him a quick tip on how to keep it covered if it's not just wearing a shirt with sleeves

Jairus

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 17, 2009, 11:53:06 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 11:37:58 AM
Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 11:28:30 AM
I think Dan's gonna start wearing more shirts with sleeves on them once he realizes the clan marking is there. After the brief panic attack that happens when he realizes it's there.

Very much so.  Abel is liable to ensure that ("You can't go out with that there!  People will recognise it!  They'll kill you!").

I'm not so sure. Abel goes out shirtless half the time, doesn't seem to mind people possibly noticing his own clan marker. He can probably pass along the tip of "just claim it's a tattoo."

Edit, although now that I look at the archive, Abel does tend to wear shirts when he goes outdoors. hmmm.
Yeah. Abel is only shirtless in his pre-cubi days, at SAIA, and in the presence of people he knows. In public, he covers it up. It might suggest that he's a little bit self-conscious about it, or that he simply doesn't want to be bothered over it.

And in Dan's case, since it's a Cyra clan marking, he'll want to cover it up in case any of Ducky's cousins drop by...

EDIT: Half-ninja'ed!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 11:56:38 AM
Since you may have missed the edit in response to Corg's edit:

Yeah - I was thinking specifically of when he removed his shirt at the mall after the paint incident.  He didn't take any pains over it then.

...I think it may be a full-ninja.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Buhamet

Yeah, didn't see that one.......

fair point

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 11:56:38 AM
Since you may have missed the edit in response to Corg's edit:

Yeah - I was thinking specifically of when he removed his shirt at the mall after the paint incident.  He didn't take any pains over it then.

...I think it may be a full-ninja.
Well... he might just wear a shirt because of decency. Or because he's trying to fit in. And given that Abel's clan is nearly gone, even other Cubi might pass it off as a tattoo of some kind.

Buhamet

I didn't realise Abel was one of the last members of his clan.....

forgive for asking, but do we know what happened?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 12:11:40 PM
I didn't realise Abel was one of the last members of his clan.....
forgive for asking, but do we know what happened?

No.  I imagine they're probably victims of the clan wars.

From his cast page:  "It is known that Abel belongs to a now more or less extinct clan in that the surviving members are too fragmented and scattered to be an actual considered clan anymore."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 12:13:24 PM

From his cast page:  "It is known that Abel belongs to a now more or less extinct clan in that the surviving members are too fragmented and scattered to be an actual considered clan anymore."

I'm inclined to guess - and this is just a guess - that Fa'Lina may have enacted some terrible revenge on them.

Alternatively, she let them go, as an example of how things should be done.

Either is equally likely, and equally unpredictable.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Buhamet

Fair enough, just wondering

makes me wonder how few there are. The only two we know of are Abel and Aniz........ and Aniz isn't in the main story arc.

However, judging by thw 375 year gap that Fa'Lina enforced for his next child to be enrolled at SAIA, I get the feeling he might end up in the main comic

and then the problems might Really begin for poor old Abel

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 12:13:24 PM

I'm inclined to guess - and this is just a guess - that Fa'Lina may have enacted some terrible revenge on them.

Alternatively, she let them go, as an example of how things should be done.

Either is equally likely, and equally unpredictable.
Considering Aniz's response here, I'd say she let them go, but it could also be both. In retaliation for her clan being more or less wiped out, Fa'Lina in turn wiped out most of Aniz's plan, and then realized that she was doing nothing to stop the fighting and was just continuing the cycle of infighting between the Cubi clans, she let the rest of Aniz's clan go. Just a thought.

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 12:17:53 PM
Fair enough, just wondering

makes me wonder how few there are. The only two we know of are Abel and Aniz........ and Aniz isn't in the main story arc.

However, judging by thw 375 year gap that Fa'Lina enforced for his next child to be enrolled at SAIA, I get the feeling he might end up in the main comic

and then the problems might Really begin for poor old Abel
Which - given that Amber said that both Regina and Abel would get their backstories told (and we just got Regina's) - is probably about the point that the rest of the cast will learn Abel's story. And then probably gang up on Aniz for being such a huge @$$hole.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 12:17:53 PM
Probably less than 20 if what the wiki says about clan sizes is accurate.

Buhamet

Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 12:19:38 PM
Which - given that Amber said that both Regina and Abel would get their backstories told (and we just got Regina's) - is probably about the point that the rest of the cast will learn Abel's story. And then probably gang up on Aniz for being such a huge @$$hole.

Very Probably..... and although Aniz is about 800 years old now, he's still gonna have to watch out for an Angry Dan, judging by what we can see going on right now in the main comic

Jairus

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 12:19:38 PM

Very Probably..... and although Aniz is about 800 years old now, he's still gonna have to watch out for an Angry Dan, judging by what we can see going on right now in the main comic
Or Jyrras and his "seed shooter." Though I highly doubt we'll ever see that thing used on live entities: Jyrras will probably end up pulling it off to fight some combat machines or soul-animated suits of armor. You know, stuff that can't bleed.

Buhamet

Probably

makes me wonder.

Y'know how Devin has those cools arms of his now? I keep thinking Jyrras might accidently see them as being cybernetics of some kind instead of just plated bone

Jairus

Quote from: Buhamet on March 17, 2009, 12:27:29 PM
Probably

makes me wonder.

Y'know how Devin has those cools arms of his now? I keep thinking Jyrras might accidently see them as being cybernetics of some kind instead of just plated bone
Well, to be fair, so did I. I think a few of us did, actually. I'm not so sure about that.

Come to think of it, do cybernetics exist on Furrae? They'd probably not be at a very advanced level if they did. Actually, they probably don't. Unless Jyrras has made some.

Buhamet

Judging by the tech level, it's unlikely there would be cybernetics THAT advanced........... unless Jy was comisisoned by Kria to have Devin act as a cybernetics test subject

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on March 17, 2009, 12:31:14 PM
Come to think of it, do cybernetics exist on Furrae? They'd probably not be at a very advanced level if they did. Actually, they probably don't. Unless Jyrras has made some.

Dunno if it's canon, but there was a strip which featured a drunken Dan and a robot (I think it was the one where Mab made the oven explode).

Buhamet

Dunno if it's canon, but there was a strip which featured a drunken Dan and a robot (I think it was the one where Mab made the oven explode).

Probably canon, juding by the arc, but you never know.........

silentassassin

Well they could just be metallic parts enhanced by magic to give user control over them.  Then again they a giant gryphon mech so I wouldn't put anything out.

Buhamet

Quote from: silentassassin on March 17, 2009, 12:54:45 PM
Well they could just be metallic parts enhanced by magic to give user control over them.  Then again they a giant gryphon mech so I wouldn't put anything out.

That's most likely, since the undead basically live off natural magic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 05:36:50 AM
You keep referring to Cyra as "she" - I know the wiki states that Cyra is a Succubus, but it fails to provide any reference for that information. Is there something you know that the rest of us don't?

For those who are curious, I've updated the wiki.  Bear in mind that this picture may not even be canon any more, though!

Here's part of it:
http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Image:04_Cyra.png

...the rest of it in is the associated wiki page (unless Amber says 'NO!', at which point it will be reverted).  I've blurred it out a bit but it's still a case of 'view at your own discretion'.

Buhamet

Not bad, I'd been wondering what Cyra looked like

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2009, 12:39:52 PM

I don't remember the strip number, but I do recall that it was an answer page to the question of why Jyrras does all the techno.  So, probably not canon.

N-Cat

Hey, can anyone post all of the Adult section- LA DI DA DI DA! Wow... sorry about having to read my original post... I really didn't mean to sound like a freak.  Weird part of the post deleted...LA DI DA DI DA!

Tapewolf

Quote from: N-Cat on March 17, 2009, 08:08:36 PM
Hey, can anyone post all of the Adult section, uncensored?

I don't have it, I wouldn't post it all without Amber's consent if I did, and this is a PG section of the forum anyway.
IIRC one of the big reasons Amber took it down was because she thought it sucked anyway...

Hellcat

*stares at Cyra pic
Holy sh--- ! Dan's descended from HER?

Arroyo Milori

I could not help to notice that Dan's mark doesn't really appear on him 24/7 like Abel's (Then again I might be so zetta slow on the debate but eh) but I found it odd. Was it covered up in his fur and it glows in a way under certain conditions (possible reason is explained in comic 528, I suppose)

But it makes me wonder if other cubi markings can do that or is it just Dan's?

llearch n'n'daCorna

He hasn't had his marking visible until now, Arroyo.

Assuming you're talking about Dan, here, his mark has only just shown up. That's why you've not seen it before.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 09:23:42 PM
He hasn't had his marking visible until now, Arroyo.

Assuming you're talking about Dan, here, his mark has only just shown up. That's why you've not seen it before.
Isn't that what I just said? o-o;

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on March 17, 2009, 09:30:55 PM
Isn't that what I just said? o-o;

Young 'Cubi only get their clan mark after they have cast sufficient spells, (or apparently used a sufficient quantity of magical energy anyway - the actual spellcasting bit is starting to look optional).  It appears to be permanent thereafter and is the one thing a 'Cubi cannot hide by shapeshifting.

See also strip 550.