02/22/09 [DMFA #977] - Amber's a Gangstah

Started by Sukasa, February 26, 2009, 10:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrion

Quote from: Jairus on February 27, 2009, 02:36:57 AM
Quote from: Zina on February 27, 2009, 02:30:40 AM
You're just jealous because he is too awesome for you to handle.
I bet you wish you came up with a character as cool as Caleb.
I bet you do.
I can.

A character more powerful than a mere Fae.
Able to warp reality with nary a thought.
If this character wished it, the Fae would be fish.
And this character is loved by all who meet them, because they are that awesome.
Bow down before the glory of the coolest character to have ever existed!

You created Amber!?  :eek

Does she know about this?

Jairus

Quote from: Terrion on February 27, 2009, 02:40:51 AM
You created Amber!?  :eek

Does she know about this?
Amber created herself, and in doing so created me to create her! She is the beginning and the end! The Alpha and Omega! The cream and sugar! She is so powerful that the ensuing paradox matters not to her!

What?! NOOO!!! It is Amber's worst enemy! Noooooooooo!!!!!!

EDIT: You know, it's getting weird. I'll stop here.

Dangit! The chocolate and the chip! Argh!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Agika on February 27, 2009, 01:57:02 AM
Well, if you think about it...

If there is no Caleb in DMFA, then there definitely needs to be a lot more of him.  What character needs an appearance more than a nonexistent one? :P

Maybe he's not in it because NO ONE WANTS to see any of him.  Well, except the one person who mentioned him, maybe....

Zina

Caleb isn't a cameo, by the way. He's been around since the very beginning, as you can see from these strips:

Strip 1
Strip 377
Strip 609
Strip 858

Why, he was even in Abel's Story.

I'm really shocked no one ever noticed him before.

icarus

zina, have i mentioned to you lately i love you
i love you, write me and caleb into a fic together k
k?
k??
k.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 27, 2009, 01:44:42 AM
That said: does your tablet still function? or did that go like the mice, too? you use that as an somewhat awkward replacement for a mouse.

The references to the tablet are old enough that it may have been a PS/2 or serial one.  She may now have a USB-only system.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 27, 2009, 04:22:58 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 27, 2009, 01:44:42 AM
That said: does your tablet still function? or did that go like the mice, too? you use that as an somewhat awkward replacement for a mouse.

The references to the tablet are old enough that it may have been a PS/2 or serial one.  She may now have a USB-only system.

most modern ATX boards by definition still have PS/2 points i think, and from what i can tell, Amber's not exactly running a brand spanking new PC here.

hrm, i guess a simple way to eliminate the mouse question would be to try said mice on a different system, that may have been tried already, i dunno, if they work fine on the other PC, then it might be the mobo itself, something funky may have gone down with the CMOS settings or whatnot.

i'd suggest more, but i'm pretty sure most, if not all plausible avenues have been explored in this case. Short of Amber getting/Cannibalizing/purchasing another PC, i'm fresh outta ideas.

Personally i'd just back everything up that was worth backing up, nuke the partitions, and start from scratch and see if that works, but that's a time consuming and rather annoying process.

Back on Topic: Zina, i never noticed that before, how could i miss out on that much awesome!  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RyuuYareYare

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 26, 2009, 11:36:42 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_510.php

Huzzah!!! miracle.

so wait, is Caleb the vampire  or the dragon thing?

seriously why made this comic make me think amber hates vampires.

And caleb, i dont remember a caleb in a comic of dmfa. i know a caleb from W.I.T.C.H.
, but i dont think he/she meant him. :bunny

--
Merged the double-post.  Please don't do that...  -TW

Turnsky

Quote from: RedMoonAi on February 27, 2009, 04:53:36 AM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 26, 2009, 11:36:42 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_510.php

Huzzah!!! miracle.

so wait, is Caleb the vampire  or the dragon thing?

seriously why made this comic make me think amber hates vampires.

actually i think it's really because of the sheer saturation of 'em lately, it'd be enough to drive most people away from the idea.. plus most people who play them are so bad at it, it's not funny.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Emerauld Drathmir

I'm confused...   :mowdizzy
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Lego3400

Only thing I can think of is Caleb is a horrible misspelling of Abel.   :mowdizzy

Otherwise I'm out of ideas.... Wait no. He's from the future and has seen a new charcter to be introduced in the next arc. I smell  :twist

Otherwise... the only response to this comic is  :erk  :dotdotdot :wtf

Howl

No Zina! No! Bad whatever-you-are! Bad! *falls out of a window*
My god, what a tall building!
(Points for whoever catches the reference.

Amber Williams

More directly, the problem with the tablet is I haven't had it for over a year as I gave it away to a friend taking art school who had shown a lot more interest in using it than I ever did in the years I owned it.

The problem with going out and buying the cheapest mouse I can find is that even if it does fix the issue, I likely will still have to buy yet another mouse.  The whole problem with colouring with a mouse is that low-mouse quality does play a factor.  It isn't so bad for the average internets surfing and clicking and whatnot...but when you are trying to use it to fine-lasso something in Photoshop, having the mini wibbles in your movement is terrible. 

That said, I still get giggles over this mail.  I have gotten a lot of people who mispell their "favorite" characters names. (Dan's been called David. Jyrras has been called Jyrass, Jarvis, Gyros.  Lorenda has been called Laurie.)  This is the first one that I can recall that actually was so far off and vague I have had a hard time pinning it down. It didnt help the person didnt use a single point of punctuation the entire time.

GabrielsThoughts

Zina is a cat.

I'm open to the possibilities that there are parallel universes each connected by the information super highway, so there is the possibility that this one e-mail slipped through the barrier of time and space to annoy Amber...surely in a parallel dimension the other Amber is complaining or asking about  Abel.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mao

pff punctuation is for the weak right everyone knows that only silly people waste their time on things like punctuation and such I mean run on sentences are all the rage these days with the young people and it just makes everything easier to digest without having to look at all of those silly dots and squiggly lines

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 27, 2009, 09:24:47 AM

The problem with going out and buying the cheapest mouse I can find is that even if it does fix the issue, I likely will still have to buy yet another mouse.

A cheap mouse is like a cheap pair of sunglasses, or anything else forged in hell. You couldn't  get rid of it, even if you tried.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Jigsaw Forte

Well, if they DID confuse your stuff with Last Resort, I promise I've never had a character named Caleb.

... I think.

There's a lot of characters in there.  :U

Naldru

If we remove the initial letter c and assume that the other letters are in the wrong order, it could be Abel.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Amber Williams

Speaking of which...if anyone was seriously wondering about the kirby-panel...

it may be better just not to ask.

Jairus

:erk

Well... I just thought it was the usual silliness you use for your QFTR (Heh... Quoted For Truth). And now... well, I'm going to pretend that it is your usual silliness in that circumstance. Because that was weird.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

senrath

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 27, 2009, 10:22:18 AM
Speaking of which...if anyone was seriously wondering about the kirby-panel...

it may be better just not to ask.
Ah, yes, that video.  It always makes me giggle, even though I don't really like Snoop much.

PinkKitty

Oh gods... the question in today's comic was almost as bad as a question I got in a comment on one of my latest videos... =@.@=

"What game is this?" ...The game's title was in the video's title...

Arcblade

I googled "comic vampire Caleb" and got here:  http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Caleb-(Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer)  So I'm guessing somebody's really confused. 

Draken

Well, crud.  Amber's second to last post just destroyed my theory of "She's making it up to watch us go bananas over nothing, Evil Author Style".  'Course, she COULD still be making her post up to do just that....and cause  ME to go bananas over if she is or isnt'   Which she is.  Or isn't?    :U
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

lakobie

I have an odd thought in my head that its Cain+Abel=Caleb... somehow...

Also is there a thread for introductions? I must have missed it...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: lakobie on February 27, 2009, 02:29:43 PM
I have an odd thought in my head that its Cain+Abel=Caleb... somehow...

Also is there a thread for introductions? I must have missed it...

Well... Abel --> Cable --> Caleb, mebbe.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on February 27, 2009, 02:49:26 PM
Well... Abel --> Cable --> Caleb, mebbe.

You just gave me the mental picture of Marvel's Cable as a furrie....................

Excuse me while I purge that horrific image from my mind.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Angel

(Non-funny side)

It's Abel. Caleb - C = aleb. Mix it all up and whaddya get? Bale, Ebal, Blea, Bela, Albe...

And lakobie? The intro thread is two diamonds up the main page from here. You can't miss it.

I'd also like to ask what power would Amber-Kirby have?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Jairus on February 27, 2009, 02:43:14 AM
Amber created herself, and in doing so created me to create her! She is the beginning and the end! The Alpha and Omega! The cream and sugar! She is so powerful that the ensuing paradox matters not to her!

Wait... I've figured it out!

Amber is actually the Bad Wolf.

She creates herself. She scatters the forum posts and posters throughout spacetime, a message to herself.