02/13/09 [DMFA #970] - Ooof...

Started by VSMIT, February 13, 2009, 02:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on February 13, 2009, 10:18:20 AM
I'm quite confident that Dan is about to pull a weapon on her.
Yes, that would really make the negotiations go smoothly...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 06:30:59 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 13, 2009, 06:14:39 AM
Wow, Dan can get in trouble practically without doing anything at all. He must have a special adventuring skill for that. "Attract Troubles" it's called. :B
Also known as "Being the Hero".
Alternatively, the Theory of Narrative Causality, but I don't think that their world has any Narrativium.

Things are about to get very, very, interesting.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 10:26:49 AM
Actually, when that happens, Amber usually does the P F Hamilton thing and switches to someone else...

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 10:27:38 AM
Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 10:26:49 AM
Actually, when that happens, Amber usually does the P F Hamilton thing and switches to someone else...
*Switch to Wildy doing something completely random, and then...* "Hey, my ears are burning again."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 10:31:16 AM
*Switch to Wildy doing something completely random, and then...* "Hey, my ears are burning again."

Again? It was Dan, last time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 13, 2009, 11:00:19 AM
Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 10:31:16 AM

Again? It was Dan, last time...
I know. But I was thinking that Wildy's the kind of person whose ears burn every time someone talks about her, and given her reputation, people probably talk about her a lot.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I admit, I was somewhat surprised. I thought Amber was going to leave the dramatic tension going for a month or two, and bring it back at a random moment.

Also, I'm wondering how this will affect Regina's relationship with Kria. Dan shirtless locked in a private conference for hours, just leaving half naked. If Regina still has any feelings for Dan, things could get awkward with her boss. *whistles* 
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Pagan

Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 11:04:00 AM
I know. But I was thinking that Wildy's the kind of person whose ears burn every time someone talks about her, and given her reputation, people probably talk about her a lot.
Then wouldn't she have gotten used to her ears burning and thus not notice anymore?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on February 13, 2009, 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 11:04:00 AM
Then wouldn't she have gotten used to her ears burning and thus not notice anymore?
This is Wildy we're talking about here. She'd probably love to know what people are saying about the adorable little psychoferret behind her back. So they can be punished.

M

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 13, 2009, 11:23:59 AM
I admit, I was somewhat surprised. I thought Amber was going to leave the dramatic tension going for a month or two, and bring it back at a random moment.

I agree with you there. I thought they were going to avoid each other by some random happenings.

Not that I don't like the new akwardness.  >:3

joshofspam

The thing that I'm actually wondering is It really going to be fight time.

Dan being in Kria and Lorenda's house may make him keep a cool head through this. But with Regina's personality, Dan might be stalked through his entire time here in the mansion.

What is more awful? Dan staying locked in with Lorenda's VERY sexually creepy mom? :erk Leaving for the restroom and having and having Regina stalking him in silence or asking if he wants to be part of her harem?  :erk

The fight would also be bad but I wonder if there is a fourth one. You know. The one you never thought of but blows all the other out of the water. :giggle
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Valynth on February 13, 2009, 04:12:01 AMDan is a 'cubi, so he'd know what she was feeling anyway, especially if he hasn't learned how to fully filter emotions yet.

Huh? I don't recall Dan's telepathy/empathy kicking in yet, has it? I thought that was supposed to happen in a couple months (in comic) time.

Quote from: joshofspam on February 13, 2009, 01:35:46 PMThe fight would also be bad but I wonder if there is a fourth one. You know. The one you never thought of but blows all the other out of the water. :giggle

Dunno about fight, but Abel showing up to check on Dan/pass a message on to him/whatever and seeing that both Kria and a certain Undead is there may make things interesting... There, there's your option #4. :)

Naldru

I can't see Wildy's ears burning.  I can see her having a sudden urge to put a finer point and edge on some sharp weapons.  While smiling ...

The thought of Wildy smiling.  Oh, my.  Must go to my happy thoughts place.  Happy, happy thoughts. Shudder...
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on February 13, 2009, 03:16:18 PM
I can't see Wildy's ears burning.  I can see her having a sudden urge to put a finer point and edge on some sharp weapons.  While smiling ...

I think the closest we've got to her in that state is strip 694, panel 3.

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 03:29:19 PM
Quote from: Naldru on February 13, 2009, 03:16:18 PM

I think the closest we've got to her in that state is strip 694, panel 3.

Wildy smiling at Biggs

Wldy smiling at the world

There are more

And to complete the damaging images, Alexsi smiling

Alexsi smiling again

When people around Lost Lake smile, run ... very fast.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Yeah, but the only time Wildy smiles is when it's likely that someone else will suffer.

Tapewolf

Howl

Here's how I hope 971 goes.

Panel One: *Dan and Regina look at each other*

Panel Two: *Dan looks away from Regina*

Panel Three: Regina: DANNY! *Regina jumps toward Dan in a glomp. Dan has a "What the hell!?" expression*

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 09:09:17 AM
Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 13, 2009, 09:07:36 AM
AHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!   I called it!

Just as a heads up, we don't like that kind around here  >:3

As I recall that tends to lead to a spiteful god Amber who goes out of their way to make sure the offending party turns out wrong most of the time after.
[/quote]

Sowwy... I just get so excited when I finally guess an aspect of a plot right (I try so often and guess right so scarcely...)

Hellcat

Lets get the battle music started  :ipod

inuhanyo

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 13, 2009, 02:22:11 PM
Quote from: Valynth on February 13, 2009, 04:12:01 AMDan is a 'cubi, so he'd know what she was feeling anyway, especially if he hasn't learned how to fully filter emotions yet.

Huh? I don't recall Dan's telepathy/empathy kicking in yet, has it? I thought that was supposed to happen in a couple months (in comic) time.
Dan has deliberately tried telepathy once, with some success.  But he had to deliberately use it.  He hasn't hit the point of sensing (rather than feeding off of) emotions yet.  Not that he has deliberatly tried that.

Anyway, the emotion they are both feeling right now is surprise.  No time to try out mental powers.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 01:34:23 AMDan has deliberately tried telepathy once, with some success.  But he had to deliberately use it.  He hasn't hit the point of sensing (rather than feeding off of) emotions yet.  Not that he has deliberatly tried that.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Thanks.

ChaoSynergy

...is it just me, or is the artwork on her T-Shirt a little -too- strategically placed?

(PROTIP: look at the "hands" for the critter on the shirt).

AmigaDragon

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 01:34:23 AM
Dan has deliberately tried telepathy once, with some success.  But he had to deliberately use it.

I'm guessing that with the amount of experience Destania has, she could easily mimic others' (Biggs') mind-voice. In this case, I'd guess she might have been reading Dan's mind first.

Now, saying "telepathy", I get the impression of not just reading but sending thoughts. Can most cubi send as well or is it mostly just reading others' thoughts (and blocking)?

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Meatloaf - I Would Anything For Love (Racky Raccoon's Retro Radio Show - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

inuhanyo

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 14, 2009, 07:02:38 PM
Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 01:34:23 AM
Dan has deliberately tried telepathy once, with some success.  But he had to deliberately use it.

I'm guessing that with the amount of experience Destania has, she could easily mimic others' (Biggs') mind-voice. In this case, I'd guess she might have been reading Dan's mind first.
Yeah, that ploy was suspiciously well timed.  Not that Dan has enough experience to tell the difference between mind voices, yet.
Now, saying "telepathy", I get the impression of not just reading but sending thoughts. Can most cubi send as well or is it mostly just reading others' thoughts (and blocking)?
The Cubi Mind abilities section says nothing about sending thoughts, so it looks like Cubi only have TeleReceive (to borrow a GURPS term), and shield.

Naldru

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 11:40:45 PM
The Cubi Mind abilities section says nothing about sending thoughts, so it looks like Cubi only have TeleReceive (to borrow a GURPS term), and shield.

Abel did mention that he can't transmit thoughts to beings.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on February 15, 2009, 08:22:53 PM
Abel did mention that he can't transmit thoughts to beings.

I don't think he actually said that.  It read to me more like he was expecting Jy to be able to read his thoughts 'Cubi-style because he was used to being around other thought-readers.  It's probably possible to do it if you know how, but it's something you'd have to deliberately do.

Joe3210

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on February 14, 2009, 12:39:18 PM
...is it just me, or is the artwork on her T-Shirt a little -too- strategically placed?

(PROTIP: look at the "hands" for the critter on the shirt).
:mwaha

I noticed that too. :B
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl