02/08/09 [DMFA #969] - Negotiations continue

Started by Jairus, February 09, 2009, 12:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Quote from: Ghostwish on February 09, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
Oh, and Dan's gay. It's for certain now. Abel x Dan fans rejoice. XD

I suppose I'm gay because I don't like/hate Kria altogether? Her attitude right now is a bit more tolerable, though.

LigerJet

Maybe part of the reason Dan is avoiding Kria's advances is because Matilda would be pissed off/upset if anything happened.

MaskedRetriever

Also there's the fact that Kria's, y'know, EVIL and Dan knows it.  However I can't stop thinking of this one line from Duce Bigelow:

"Where you think I got this watch?"
"Um... Man-whoring."
"Stock market.  Money for the stock market, from man-whoring."

If I were Dan I'd be seriously considering adding man-whoring to my weapons arsenal.  But then I'm not Dan.

And he's big on this whole honor thing.  Silly Dan.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 09, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
If I were Dan I'd be seriously considering adding man-whoring to my weapons arsenal.  But then I'm not Dan.

Yeah, that might be construed by him as giving into his 'Cubi side...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Ai, that does it. We've seen many, many occasions of Dan hitting on girls, making advances, and just generally chasing after them to get some. But then, when two girls (Kria and Matilda) make advances him, he freaks out. That just...doesn't--seem--right. Almost like there's a double standard going on...

OH WAIT I'VE GOT IT. Not only is dan racist, he's sexist!  :U :U :U

senrath

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 09, 2009, 01:59:53 PM
Ai, that does it. We've seen many, many occasions of Dan hitting on girls, making advances, and just generally chasing after them to get some. But then, when two girls (Kria and Matilda) make advances him, he freaks out. That just...doesn't--seem--right. Almost like there's a double standard going on...

To be fair, when he was approached by Matilda he was already freaking out.

Also, Kria is still managing to both creep me out and make me laugh my pants off.  Glad I didn't read the comic in public.

Jairus

Quote from: senrath on February 09, 2009, 02:39:45 PM

To be fair, when he was approached by Matilda he was already freaking out.

Also, Kria is still managing to both creep me out and make me laugh my pants off.  Glad I didn't read the comic in public.
To be fair again, that was because he was still coming to grips with his Cubi heritage, and wasn't sure if she was genuinely attracted to him or it was some kind of Cubi thing.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 09, 2009, 02:46:46 PM
To be fair again, that was because he was still coming to grips with his Cubi heritage, and wasn't sure if she was genuinely attracted to him or it was some kind of Cubi thing.

Yeah.  He seems to be happier around her since then.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2009, 02:47:50 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 09, 2009, 02:46:46 PM

Yeah.  He seems to be happier around her since then.

I would have to agree. Comic 662, showed they left of on a good point. :hug
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tezkat

Remember those discussions we had about the basis of Furrae's economy when one can easily conjure gold? I've noticed that Kria's not the only one to place a monetary value on slightly used clothing.

The secret's been revealed: The economy of Furrae is based on pants! :mowhappy

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 09, 2009, 05:36:01 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on February 09, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
It's been off.

Oh, and Dan's gay. It's for certain now. Abel x Dan fans rejoice. XD

My response to that is this.

I'd say it's because of Kria's projected step in the demonic age range. Between Dan and Kria, it's like a young adult being flirted with by his friend's 35-year old mother. Kria's attitude, advances, and normal role call for antagonism are all turn offs for Dan. Dan, being a former advenurer for the cause of justice and one who apparently still holds prejudice for "demon's evil tendencies" couldn't bear the thought of being with, not only one of poorly reputed race, but a prime specimen in the less than saintly acts, with the attitude to match. Kria's overly forward and somewhat intrusive (meaning creepy) advances only serve to sour the punch.

And here's to you, Mrs. Soulstealer....
Cubi love you more than you will know....
Whoa whoa whoa....

Dun dun dun....

Wonder when we get the comic where he realizes that little tidbit about himself....

Tapewolf

Brunhidden

all this time and nobody once thought that his reluctance might have to do with the fact that she ate a previous boyfriend (possibly more then one and a large number of other bystanders)
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 09, 2009, 04:08:53 PM
all this time and nobody once thought that his reluctance might have to do with the fact that she ate a previous boyfriend (possibly more then one and a large number of other bystanders)
Does Dan actually know what happened to Lorenda's mom? I mean, Jyrras certainly knows, but has she/he told Dan?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 09, 2009, 04:12:07 PM
Does Dan actually know what happened to Lorenda's mom?
Did you mean 'father' there?

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2009, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 09, 2009, 04:12:07 PM
Does Dan actually know what happened to Lorenda's mom?
Did you mean 'father' there?
*facepalm* Dammit. How did I screw that up?

Yes, I mean Lorenda's dad. Does Dan know about him?

Valynth

Quote from: Tezkat on February 09, 2009, 03:04:45 PM

Remember those discussions we had about the basis of Furrae's economy when one can easily conjure gold? I've noticed that Kria's not the only one to place a monetary value on slightly used clothing.

The secret's been revealed: The economy of Furrae is based on used pants! :mowhappy

Fixed.

Now I'm just waiting for the vending machines.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Lisky

... after watching a few scenes from last night's Dead Space webcast... Dan is totally in a "NO MEANS NO" situation... around 7:56:00

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar

I doubt it's going to happen, but here's hoping that Regina doesn't just drop off her tray at the cart but brings it up to Kria and Dan. I'd love to see her reaction to this conversation right now.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 09, 2009, 04:46:00 PM
... after watching a few scenes from last night's Dead Space webcast... Dan is totally in a "NO MEANS NO" situation... around 7:56:00

What does a game video have to do with the comic?

Quote from: LigerJet on February 09, 2009, 01:14:37 PM
Maybe part of the reason Dan is avoiding Kria's advances is because Matilda would be pissed off/upset if anything happened.

As far as I've seen so far, Dan and Matilda are just friends. She may want to try to take it farther than that, but she appears to be giving him the time he needs to come to grips with his 'cubi heritage before getting any more romantically involved with him than a friendly meal together. They both potentially have thousands of years to consider it.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Gaspar Fernandes - Spanish Renaissance Dance (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

thegayhare

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 09, 2009, 06:31:11 PM
Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 09, 2009, 04:46:00 PM

What does a game video have to do with the comic?

I belive he's refuring to a scene in the games animated prequel

King Of Hearts

That was Devin? man I am so slow on the uptake.

In my imaginary canon, Dan is just haggling for a better negotiating position.

he heh, now that I think about it... wouldnt Kria just demolish any defense the meek lil roo-rat Jy would set up if he was thrust into this situation?

Alterationartist

Wait, if demons fear cubi.....

What would happen if DP had had to fight Dan again and realize that he was a cubi now?

I'm just saying since Regina is no doubt unaware that said cubi had confronted DP as a being.
Round 9!

inuhanyo

According to Kria, she has quite the reputation.  Dan would certainly have heard of her.  She is the kind of Creature that makes his old career of adventurer necessary.

Quote from: King Of Hearts on February 09, 2009, 09:31:50 PM
That was Devin? man I am so slow on the uptake.

In my imaginary canon, Dan is just haggling for a better negotiating position.

he heh, now that I think about it... wouldn't Kria just demolish any defense the meek lil roo-rat Jy would set up if he was thrust into this situation?

Oh, Jyrras has had his encounter with Kria already.    If Jy had any warning, he'd have something prepared.  If not then there is his power.

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 09, 2009, 09:50:30 PM

What would happen if DP had had to fight Dan again and realize that he was a cubi now?

I'm just saying since Regina is no doubt unaware that said cubi had confronted DP as a being.
I don't know about fear... respect as another powerful race of Creatures, certainly.

Hard to say, Dan's resisting even learning anything about his cubi powers.  But if he weren't

Dan vanquishing DP, as being vs demon + cubi powers = very dangerous cubi, yeah.

King Of Hearts

I was thinking more of a meeting when Kria after her infatuaton with Jy... but then again, I guess it could have been just a passing fancy,

inuhanyo

Quote from: King Of Hearts on February 09, 2009, 10:07:37 PM
I was thinking more of a meeting when Kria after her infatuaton with Jy... but then again, I guess it could have been just a passing fancy,

ep 373 Lorenda: "I wouldn't think too much over it. My mom tends to move in and out of things at whimsy."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 09, 2009, 09:50:30 PM
AFAIK it's a bit of a sliding scale.  Demons can mop the floor with a normal 'Cubi.  However, a powerful 'Cubi can mop the floor with a Demon.  I'm not sure, but I would guess the implication is that Dan would be acting as a representative for some Tri-wing who is now pissed at DP.  This would not be an enviable state to be in.

QuoteWhat would happen if DP had had to fight Dan again and realize that he was a cubi now?
I think he had a fairly good clue, if 388 is anything to go by - he knew that Dan was at least possibly an incubus.

QuoteI'm just saying since Regina is no doubt unaware that said cubi had confronted DP as a being.
How much he told others is unclear, of course...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2009, 09:41:57 AM
I think he had a fairly good clue, if 388 is anything to go by - he knew that Dan was at least possibly an incubus.

388 doesn't say he knew Destania was Dan's mother. All it says is that Dead Pegasus knew that Destania had a child.

Now, we know that Destania is Dan's Mama. But there's nothing saying that Dead Pegasus knows. So your theory, whilst it holds water, is still just that: a theory.

One I happen to agree with, mind, but it's important to keep track of what's confirmed and what's still merely implied.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 10, 2009, 10:10:46 AM
it's important to keep track of what's confirmed and what's still merely implied.
Quoted for truth.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2009, 09:41:57 AM
QuoteWhat would happen if DP had had to fight Dan again and realize that he was a cubi now?
What's the timing of that (those) panel(s) in 388? Was DP already dead or was it a flashback to some previous time? Other than Aary (and of course Dee), there's no indication at this point that anyone has a clue who Destania's child is.

QuoteI'm just saying since Regina is no doubt unaware that said cubi had confronted DP as a being.
How much he told others is unclear, of course...
How much who told? DP? If he deduced during the last fight that Dan is Incubus, he had no chance to tell anyone, unless someone speaks with the dead. Dan? Yeah, he'd probably spread news in the adventurer bars that DP was dead (again) at his hands. And as far as his 'cubi status, few know that yet. Merlitz's former team thinks that Alexsi (not Dan) is a succubus. Since they didn't notice (didn't check?) "Merbel", perhaps they don't know the mechanics of a 'cubi's shape shifting. If they had checked, would they have even noticed Abel's transformed state (same with dragons and whatever else has shape shifting ability)? Maybe "Danlexsi's" transformation magic was so blatant that they forgot to check anyone else around the inn.
Anyway, back to Regina, she knows from Devin that there's a 'cubi in the house, so whether she already knows Dan or not, she'll know now what he is despite hidden headwings. BTW, I'm not sure yet that Kria knows, she only mentioned "incubus level hot". It may imply she knows, but doesn't necessarily outright say she does.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen