02/06/09 [Abel 2 #43] - The Tour

Started by Jairus, February 05, 2009, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:27:33 AM
Fear now Mao! Anything is possible with IMAAAAAGINAAATION. *sparkles*

with a single penstroke you could really, really irritate tapewolf.  >:3

also, remind me to pick your brains about your shading/lighting technique one day.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Amber Williams

I refuse to acknowledge Tapewolf until he makes a character who's colours do not appear in nature. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:34:37 AM
I refuse to acknowledge Tapewolf until he makes a character who's colours do not appear in nature. :U
All colours appear in nature.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

Hmm I had a thought...

If Mink is Male and octopus related, and a cubi... would that mean he's an Inkubus?

*slips off to go fight Janus over Mink... and brings his own box*

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 09:37:00 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:34:37 AM
All colours appear in nature.

You know what I mean mister grey wolf, grey fox, light tans and browns and greys. I want some magenta! :B

Turnsky

bright colors can be fun, come on man, live a little!  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:38:28 AM
You know what I mean mister grey wolf, grey fox, light tans and browns and greys. I want some magenta! :B
What's wrong with Niall?  Grey foxes simply don't look like that except in anthro comics  :P

Honestly, I would have been a bit more loose with the colours in the new strip, except that Beings with Creature-like colouring would likely run the risk of going the same way as Dorcan in that particular town.  James gets a free pass for some reason, I'll stick my fingers in my ears and not go there.

Quote from: Turnsky on February 07, 2009, 09:43:54 AM
bright colors can be fun, come on man, live a little!  :U
Call it a lack of imagination.  I'll correct it in due course, but obviously not for pre-existing characters.

Amber Williams

Its just really hard to believe at times.

I mean yeah...I will acknowledge that most people dont catch on that the bright-colour=creature heritage angle.  But a whole clan run by a gay man that doesn't have an ounce of fabulous colours?! That's just stretching reality a bit too far. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:46:33 AM
I mean yeah...I will acknowledge that most people dont catch on that the bright-colour=creature heritage angle.  But a whole clan run by a gay man that doesn't have an ounce of fabulous colours?! That's just stretching reality a bit too far. :U
Haven't you seen his eyes?

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 09:45:55 AM

What's wrong with Niall?  Grey foxes simply don't look like that except in anthro comics  :P

actually he looks more silver fox in coloration, greys looking more like:

trust me, spend enough time around Black Tapestries' Jakkal, and you learn this stuff =p

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 09:47:10 AM
Haven't you seen his eyes?

*thinks*
I dont think I have. He's either been wearing sunglasses or was not close enough to tell. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:50:43 AM
I dont think I have. He's either been wearing sunglasses or was not close enough to tell. :P
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/daryil-turnsky3.png

I guess I ought to come clean - they were originally hazel, but when Turnsky did his rendition I thought it was time to give him a bit of a makeover and yes, realising that I'd missed a trick with the colours, I changed them to something more exotic.

**EDIT**
I realise the PF thread went a little wild, but why are we discussing my comic here?

Howl

Every time someone says "My fanfics", I often die a little inside.

Really, the only way I know of that Edward=Aniz is either Amber heard the theory and said "Sure, why not?", or she pulled a George Lucas and had everything planned out from the start.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 09:58:53 AM
I realise the PF thread went a little wild, but why are we discussing my comic here?

Admit it. you like the derailment in your favour. :U

Quote from: Minishear on February 07, 2009, 10:01:16 AM
Every time someone says "My fanfics", I often die a little inside.

Is this the kind of dying that requires clapping to bring you back? Cause this may be awkward to do over the internet.

Arcblade

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 07, 2009, 09:17:40 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:14:32 AM
I find its a problem when you deal with a comic where you have just enough diversity in races in colour that there aren't a lot of similarities between the cast...but not enough environmental scenes to show diversity outside the main cast.  It tends to lead people to think that the whole universe revolves around the main cast and so every similarity must be a connection.

Wait wait wait.. so does this mean that... :U...Edward isn't Aniz!  Gasp no!  My fanfics!  How now will I justify making Dan fall in love with Abel to only find out that they're brothers and entangled in a forbidden love!  HOW!?

@ Amber: Aww, but sometimes those little oddities you'd normally dismiss as normal variation in the population come back to haunt you in later comics!  

@Mao:  WHY MUST YOU TORMENT MY BRAIN SO?  Whyyyyyyyyyyy?   :mowtongue

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 10:05:07 AM
Privately yes, but at the same time I realise other people won't.

QuoteIs this the kind of dying that requires clapping to bring you back? Cause this may be awkward to do over the internet.
Does he have skype?

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 10:12:22 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 10:05:07 AM
Privately yes, but at the same time I realise other people won't.

QuoteIs this the kind of dying that requires clapping to bring you back? Cause this may be awkward to do over the internet.
Does he have skype?

before this thread gets back on track, may i suggest starting with more 'unusual' hair colorations, etc.. i've done the same with a few of my own characters, just to add distinction to them:

as for clapping, perhaps just simple onomatopoeia is enough?
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*

>.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 07, 2009, 10:34:11 AM
before this thread gets back on track, may i suggest starting with more 'unusual' hair colorations, etc.. i've done the same with a few of my own characters, just to add distinction to them:

Actually, that's what I was going to do.  I've even thought of a way to incorporate it as a visual gag.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 10:41:27 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 07, 2009, 10:34:11 AM

Actually, that's what I was going to do.  I've even thought of a way to incorporate it as a visual gag.
this comes to mind.

just thought, joke works even if you replaced Jy's hair with a bright yellow afro, or even a mullet.  :U

Howl

No it's more like the "Oh, wait, he's decaying now" die.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2009, 10:12:22 AM
Does he have skype?

*Hearty Gentlemen's Laugh* No.

RyuuYareYare

Quote from: Valynth on February 07, 2009, 06:43:21 AM
Quote from: RedMoonAi on February 07, 2009, 03:43:47 AM
Mayby the new 'guy'is a hermaphrodite.
thats what i say. :kirby

The only response I have for that is:
:shapeshifters

And thus: what ever floats your boat....freak

wooh, relax, crazy.
>,> and did you just call me freak?
that wasnt neccesary.

mayby youre no friend of mine.
does safety dance.  :kirby :ipod :ipod :ipod

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Valynth on February 07, 2009, 06:43:21 AM
Quote from: RedMoonAi on February 07, 2009, 03:43:47 AM
Mayby the new 'guy'is a hermaphrodite.
thats what i say. :kirby

The only response I have for that is:
:shapeshifters

And thus: what ever floats your boat....freak

D'oh!   :P

I cannot believe I forgot about that!

Bad Ba'al!  Bad!  No cookie for you!

EDIT: That idea got me to thinking....

What if that IS a succubus but she thought Abel was gay and so shapeshifted into a form she thought he'd find more pleasing...?

Lucheek

I don't know guys, I think maybe Mink is just a friendly fellow. He just loves seeing and meeting new people like Abel.

Also, an Octopus-mythos Incubus just lends itself to WAY too many puns. xD

Mao

Quote from: Lucheek on February 07, 2009, 07:44:53 PM
I don't know guys, I think maybe Mink is just a friendly fellow. He just loves seeing and meeting new people like Abel.

Also, an Octopus-mythos Incubus just lends itself to WAY too many puns. xD

You had to go and say that, didn't you?  Now I've gone an thought about it conceptually and all I have to say is this:

That's a lot of tentacles.  It's starting to feel like an H-Dojin shop in here.

Alterationartist

Quote from: Jairus on February 06, 2009, 03:25:16 AM
It could just be that Amber decided to subvert the Non-Mammal Mammaries trope, but I suppose it would be best for Amber to clear this up at some future point.
I just had to say this. If you take into account several non-mammal characters that have fallen to this trope already (Alykia, Shanna, Hennya, Matilda, et-frickin'-cetera) I HIGHLY doubt this is our one rare subversion.

Also, I also feel the need to say this.... The guide says "most cubi keep to a particular lounge" and we have Abel (*cough*) and another supposed male who could pass as a female (*cough*) looking at him in a way that most dudes would feel uncomfortable having faced in their general direction. (*cough*)

Do I really need to say it?
Round 9!

Lisky

I am a man of conviction, and therefore stand by my previous statement

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 06, 2009, 09:15:53 PM
she's part girl, she's part boy, she's got parts everyone can enjoy... is she a mister or is she a miss, does she stand up when she's taking a p....
sorry, my roommate played the song the other day, and it seemed appropriate... (stephen lynch)

for those that don't remember it

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Jairus

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 07, 2009, 08:34:32 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 06, 2009, 03:25:16 AM
It could just be that Amber decided to subvert the Non-Mammal Mammaries trope, but I suppose it would be best for Amber to clear this up at some future point.
I just had to say this. If you take into account several non-mammal characters that have fallen to this trope already (Alykia, Shanna, Hennya, Matilda, et-frickin'-cetera) I HIGHLY doubt this is our one rare subversion.

Also, I also feel the need to say this.... The guide says "most cubi keep to a particular lounge" and we have Abel (*cough*) and another supposed male who could pass as a female (*cough*) looking at him in a way that most dudes would feel uncomfortable having faced in their general direction. (*cough*)

Do I really need to say it?

To be blunt, I really don't care about Mink's gender. That is to say, I don't currently care. But until either Amber or the comic clarifies whether Mink is a he or a she, I'm going to call Mink "it."

Long answer short: after watching Tieria Erde and his siblings at work in Gundam 00, I am wary of identifying by gender any borderline case like Mink's.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Alterationartist

Quote from: Jairus on February 07, 2009, 08:46:56 PM
To be blunt, I really don't care about Mink's gender. That is to say, I don't currently care. But until either Amber or the comic clarifies whether Mink is a he or a she, I'm going to call Mink "it."

Long answer short: after watching Tieria Erde and his siblings at work in Gundam 00, I am wary of identifying by gender any borderline case like Mink's.

It was Marluxia that did it to me. And I learned NOTHING.
Round 9!

Jairus

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 07, 2009, 08:58:25 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 07, 2009, 08:46:56 PM

It was Marluxia that did it to me. And I learned NOTHING.
The worst part about that? Apparently, Marluxia originally was a girl. Explains a few things, doesn't it?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sunblink

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2009, 09:27:33 AM
Fear now Mao! Anything is possible with IMAAAAAGINAAATION. *sparkles*

Good GOD I loved that episode.

Don't mind me. Carry on with this discussion about brightly-colored Creatures. It's not like MY CHARACTER FITS THE CRITERIA WITH HER UNREALISTIC YELLOW-BLACK COLOR SCHEME or anything. c: