01/22/09 [DMFA #965] - Umm… wow…

Started by Jairus, January 22, 2009, 01:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Wow, this is becoming an enjoyable series of random plot twists one after another. Wonder how many more we got coming? Will Xander be included?

Cogidubnus

Starcat5

Wow. I mean, really wow. When I first saw this, I didn't recognize him. I was about to go to the forums when I gave him a second look. The ears stood out like a neon sign in my mind. I couldn't place him yet, but I KNEW those ears from somewhere. Looking at Amber's rant was no help, so I checked the cast page.

Devin.

Upon reading this, I did something I have never done before. I Squee'd. ...and with Lena Inverse and The Lord of Nightmares as my witness, I will never do it again. I sounded like... like... well, I have no words for it. Imagine a duck Squee'ing. Now give that duck laryngitis. The noise you hear in your head would no doubt sound better than the noise I ended up making. My ears STILL hurt.  :<

In unrelated news, Jairus (The forum member) is my hero. I've been trying to make a "Plot Twist" crop like that ever since #296 first came out. Why, yes, I DO suck at Photoshop, why do you ask?  ;)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Dagardo

OK... that has to be the most unexpected thing I've ever seen, seeing as how I just checked DMFA, but given who were dealing with I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but yet I still am. Although it is quite a nice surprise to see Devin again. Also, Devins cast page picture is kinda creepy. Way to :goamber

Turnsky

this, ladies and gentlemen, is an epic curveball thrown by Amber.. kudos to 'er

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Feather Dancer

Yay Devin, I missed his snarky comments and seems to a degree thats remained intact.

But thats interesting, two people who have past history with the two recent Cubi (Dan and Abel) and now present and accounted for at Kira's place, of course Abel very unlikely realises Kira is still around either which throws in a third. It's gonna be an extremely interesting meeting if we get the three together though I can see Abel's facade of remaining emotionally dettached slipping very quickly.

Kira just went up my favourite list again with this one!
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 22, 2009, 09:53:04 AM
of course Abel very unlikely realises Kira is still around either which throws in a third.
Since she was obviously a demon, he shouldn't be all that surprised.  Though it's likely he simply hasn't thought of it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

I love this. :3 Thank you, Amber. Thank you.

Angel

Quote from: Kamunt on January 22, 2009, 01:55:29 AM
All I can say.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Wanna know sonething weird? I said the exact same thing.

Amber is a genius and we should all bow before her. Seriously, if I had a tail, I'd be swishing it. Yayz.

Quote from: Gamma on January 22, 2009, 02:14:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up on Devin's cast page, didn't even think about it!

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!! (readreadread)

I think it's now safe to say that DP was Kria's instructor. But I'm a little confused... Kria was the one leaning over Devin's body. Did she give it to DP, or did he take it from whatever makeshift grave Kria might have made, or what?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on January 22, 2009, 10:35:55 AM
I think it's now safe to say that DP was Kria's instructor. But I'm a little confused... Kria was the one leaning over Devin's body. Did she give it to DP, or did he take it from whatever makeshift grave Kria might have made, or what?
Another option is that he offered to try and bring him back.  He's about 300 years her senior, so it's not impossible he'd do such a thing as a gift to his 'baby sister'.  That and the battle may have left her somewhat depressed.

Sunblink

Dammit, I just realized something. Devin is referred to as D'R in his profile. Kria brought up a "D'R" earlier.

Rakala

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 22, 2009, 09:54:58 AM
of course Abel very unlikely realises Kira is still around either which throws in a third.
Since she was obviously a demon, he shouldn't be all that surprised.  Though it's likely he simply hasn't thought of it.

He may be surprised to find Kria and her current lot in life though, considering he remembers her as a school teacher. This seems quite different to me. Unless homicidal rampages were common place in Zvinth.

Caswin

*Mark Hamill laugh*

EDIT: ...no, too deep.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Howl

I can't say I'm suprised. Mainly since I just woke up at the time.

To evade getting suckerpunch'd... Candlejack. There, how-

AndersW

So that beeping sound was Amber backing her steamroller up after blindsiding us with Regina's intro.

joshofspam

Well I always wondered if the best taxidermist's were undead because of the maintenance they would have to performed on themselves. :zombiekun2

So I wonder if Devins hobbies is proof of that being  a possibility.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Aisha deCabre

...Buh.  :erk

I must say this is a more blindsiding surprise than when Pyroduck was revealed to be a dragon.  A salute to Amber for excellent characterization.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

AmigaDragon

... at Kira's place, of course Abel very unlikely realises Kira is ...

Come on people, you're starting to slip again, it's Kria, not Kira. Once in a post could be just a transposition typo, but every time... :mowdizzy

Thank you. :mowhappy
Would Kira bother to bury anyone, even family? Particularly at the scene of a massacre she apparently took part in? Maybe she would. She may have guessed that Devin was one of Abel's friends and her soft spot for him might extend a little past him.
Maybe it was her idea for DP to make Devin undead, or maybe he decided on the spot that here was a readily available source of raw materials to make more (not just Devin).

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 17 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 22, 2009, 11:50:21 AM
... at Kira's place, of course Abel very unlikely realises Kira is ...

Come on people, you're starting to slip again, it's Kria, not Kira. Once in a post could be just a transposition typo, but every time... :mowdizzy

Thank you. :mowhappy
Would Kira bother to bury anyone, even family? Particularly at the scene of a massacre she apparently took part in? Maybe she would. She may have guessed that Devin was one of Abel's friends and her soft spot for him might extend a little past him.
Maybe it was her idea for DP to make Devin undead, or maybe he decided on the spot that here was a readily available source of raw materials to make more (not just Devin).

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 17 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

I had a different line of thought. Aside from the people killed at the fort, before the adventurers arrive we know that there are six people present when Kria and group reveal themselves. Abel, Devin, Xander, Glory, and whatever her two compainions were named.

Abel we know survives.

Devin becomes the "Fifth oldest undead on record" Five adventurers, presumably all killed. Now look at this comic. We don't see who Kria is talking to, but the shadowy figure's hand in the first panel looks a lot like Kria's in the second.  The tone of their conversation seems to be that the shadowy figure is some sort of teacher or mentor.

My theory? DP is the one who organized that little outing, to gather bodies to create undead. Why else pick a fight with adventurers who were in the area? If your goal is to wreak havoc, you'd want to avoid the group of people who miht be able to fight back, not deliberately target them.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

GabrielsThoughts

so wait, is devin a techno zombie, or just an average undead with an upgrade...or is it a look a like or what.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShadesFox

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 22, 2009, 12:51:57 PM
so wait, is devin a techno zombie

Now I have images of Devin dancing to electronic music with way too much bass.  It is full of amusing.

The APFs totally need our own robot zombie.
The All Purpose Fox

Aleolus

O.O  IT'S A ZOMBIIIIIEEEEEEEE   D: D: D: D: D:

Seriously, though, I wonder how Abel will take this little bit of news, if he ever manages to find out?  <.<

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Soooo... DP was like Aizen... so the adventurers became like the first Espada.  That makes Devin #5, which is Nnoirora.  *thinks some more*  How come he doesn't have an eyepatch?  Oh, I know!  he's not a pirate.  So that means he must be a ninja.  *thinks some more*  How come he's not wearing a mask?  *thinks some more*  Oh of course!  He's an Espada, which means he's an Arrancar and therefore has his mask mostly removed.  Now it all makes sense.   :3

*Charline  :erk*  Charles mind is scary, even to us evil-doers.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: Caswin on January 22, 2009, 11:03:56 AM
*Mark Hamill laugh*
Is that Mark Hamill as the Joker laugh?

Edit:  Why do I have this image of Devin and Abel spending time together exchanging recipes and home decorating techniques.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: starcat5 on January 22, 2009, 09:38:35 AM
Wow. I mean, really wow. When I first saw this, I didn't recognize him. I was about to go to the forums when I gave him a second look. The ears stood out like a neon sign in my mind. I couldn't place him yet, but I KNEW those ears from somewhere. Looking at Amber's rant was no help, so I checked the cast page.

Devin.

Upon reading this, I did something I have never done before. I Squee'd. ...and with Lena Inverse and The Lord of Nightmares as my witness, I will never do it again. I sounded like... like... well, I have no words for it. Imagine a duck Squee'ing. Now give that duck laryngitis. The noise you hear in your head would no doubt sound better than the noise I ended up making. My ears STILL hurt.  :<

This was, for all intents and purposes, my reaction. Aside from the squee of doom. Unlike some people, I don't squee. :P My reaction was more of a "GASP!" (and yes, I think I might've actually said "GASP!"; it's hard to remember, what with the revelation dawning upon me that Devin was kinda sorta alive).
Quote from: starcat5 on January 22, 2009, 09:38:35 AM
In unrelated news, Jairus (The forum member) is my hero. I've been trying to make a "Plot Twist" crop like that ever since #296 first came out.
In news related to the unrelated news, I was trying to persuade someone to assist me in something on an online game, so I made a "Puppy Dog Eyes" crop about a week ago (I hope Amber doesn't mind >_>; )

Zibani

The moment I saw Devin, I had two reactions, my first was, "Wait, Devin had an eyebrow peircing!?" and my second was "Devin!? Does that mean Xander's coming back two!?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zibani on January 22, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
The moment I saw Devin, I had two reactions, my first was, "Wait, Devin had an eyebrow peircing!?" and my second was "Devin!? Does that mean Xander's coming back two!?"

Devin certainly had a piercing before:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_62.php

As for Xander, sadly I doubt it.

senrath

Quote from: Naldru on January 22, 2009, 01:31:53 PM
Edit:  Why do I have this image of Devin and Abel spending time together exchanging recipes and home decorating techniques.
You have that image because that would be awesome.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2009, 10:46:47 AM
Dammit, I just realized something. Devin is referred to as D'R in his profile. Kria brought up a "D'R" earlier.

:erk

I didn't even notice that either.  I'm going to have to start paying closer attention to this....

A-maz-ing!

But where does that nickname, "D'R," come from?  It can't be his initials--even before he became a Soulstealer his last name didn't begin with R....

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2009, 10:46:47 AM

That's it.  My head has just been officially messed with.   :erk

Congratulations, Mrs. Williams.  You are The Ultimate Evil Overlord.

With regards,
Ted