01/08/09 [DMFA #962] - Awkward!

Started by Lego3400, January 08, 2009, 03:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 03:28:09 PMYou all are cute. I like how even though you are trying to muffle it behind demon psychology...you ultimately are trying to decipher what turns a women on.

Yeah, that was pretty obvious.

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 03:28:09 PMwhich ironically enough, would be the real reason many of the peeps who post about how they wish they could be in Dans shoes likely wouldn't stand a chance.

Uh... Ooh!  Ooh!  Kria should go after me because I'd be a total pushover.

(is the scary horse demon gone?)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Ghostwish

All I want to know is why do peeps have to over-analyze so much? Why can't they just enjoy the characters for who they are?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 08, 2009, 04:37:27 PM
All I want to know is why do peeps have to over-analyze so much? Why can't they just enjoy the characters for who they are?

That particular debate is here:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5455.0.html
...it never came to a satisfactory conclusion.  I suspect some people are just hard-wired to question things.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2009, 04:55:39 PM
I suspect some people are just hard-wired to question things.

I certainly am, but possibly not in the way you're thinking of.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 03:28:09 PM
You all are cute. I like how even though you are trying to muffle it behind demon psychology...you ultimately are trying to decipher what turns a women on. 

*giggles*
not me

But I would like to think I'm cute

senrath

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2009, 04:55:39 PM
I suspect some people are just hard-wired to question things.
But why are they?

(Sorry, had to)

But seriously, while I like Kria as a character, she is definitely not someone I'd want anywhere near me.

Howl

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2009, 12:48:13 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2009, 12:44:15 PM
Not that I would mind being in Dan's position  :eager

I'm still scraping to attempt to understand this mindset.

I mean, sure. Sex is nice and all. But... going out with a woman who will eat you if you offend her - and _not_ in a good way - just seems suicidal to me. Do you all believe you are such amazing gifts from god to women that they will never be unsatisfied with whatever leftovers you drip into their presence, after you're done drooling over fictional characters in a webcomic?

Am I missing something here? Surely there are safer ways to screw yourself up?

Hey now, not everyone wants to get in the sack with Kria. Although I admit that Kria's 'Come on, sleep with me' attitude is much more bearable than her 'I'm stonger than you and could kill you with my hands cut off' attitude.

TheDXM

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 03:28:09 PM
You'd be closer in estimating Kria is turned on by a challenge and that which she can or shouldnt have...which ironically enough, would be the real reason many of the peeps who post about how they wish they could be in Dans shoes likely wouldn't stand a chance.

Ah. The old double helix. It never fails.

ShiningShadow

Well I think in the sense of Kria I think there's an Sexual attraction to Dan nothing more or nothing less. I think is Kria being Kria when she met Lorenda Dad the very first time the attraction. I been with women if you have that way in the coolness and way you carry yourself in your confidence maybe one or several women has that attraction to you. That what Amber is stating in this strip on her character Kria and how this personality is putting alot of strain towards Lorenda. That's how I see it and in my own opinion that Kria just does it because she loves to do it all the time. It's a natural in the sense that Kria is very more mature than Dan.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2009, 09:54:09 AM
It's kinda sad in a way that Kria's true nature bothers Lorenda so much.  It's even more so that Kria feels that by being herself that she has a 'problem'.

If Kria feels she has a problem, is it that she is attracted to her daughter's friends or that she cares that it bothers Lorenda?

Maybe a little off topic, considering Kria's age, it's possible (and yet currently unrevealed) that Lorenda could have a bunch of older siblings. At least I don't think I've heard anything yet about her being an only child. Kria could have gone through this kind of situation many times before... or this could be the first, with her only child.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Claude Debussy - Nocturnes (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

!KCA

Was Kria ever actually married at any point?

Aleolus

Quote from: !KCA on January 09, 2009, 03:01:35 AM

Yeah, she was married to Lorenda's father, before he cheated on her.  Unless my memory is wrong, of course >.>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on January 09, 2009, 03:06:22 AM

Yeah, she was married to Lorenda's father, before he cheated on her.  Unless my memory is wrong, of course >.>

That's not proven. All we have is a brief flashback to "going out with" and then "cheating on", so even that is hearsay.

It's assumed, but not stated, same as a large amount of other speculative "information" we have to draw upon. Amber is very good at merely implying things, since she often goes back and totally rewrites them with actual details that turn them on their heads.

Bring out the steamroller! ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Emerauld Drathmir

Wasn't she a teacher too?  I seem to remember something about clean stations getting milk and cookies...*mutters and wanders off to search the archives*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Alondro

*Charles struts arrogantly* I already know what turns a woman on!  The very sight o' me!  Charles is da man!

*Charline nearly dies laughing*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

senrath

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on January 09, 2009, 07:42:35 AM
Wasn't she a teacher too?  I seem to remember something about clean stations getting milk and cookies...*mutters and wanders off to search the archives*
She was Abel's teacher.

Rafe

Quote from: Aleolus on January 09, 2009, 03:06:22 AM

Not that it answers the married-or-not question for sure, but I've always liked Amber's choice of words for Kria on the Cast page:

Quote from: AmberName: Kria Soulstealer

Nicknames: Kria, Kree-Kree

Rafe

Naldru

Am I the only person who thinks that Dan looks like he's doing a fan dance from one of the old burlesque shows?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.