Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Ladies and Gents I give you by way of RJ: Ephrael Falco!

Tapewolf

Groovy.  I had actually considered commissioning RJ for a group shot of the party, but with 7 characters it got a bit expensive.  If I wasn't in the run up to moving house I might have considered it anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

x_x Not to mention that's more characters than I've ever tried to draw in one shot...

Tapewolf

Quote from: RJ on November 17, 2006, 09:04:13 AM
x_x Not to mention that's more characters than I've ever tried to draw in one shot...

I like to make artists work for their money

Arcalane

Is that a dagger, or is that a toothpick on her belt? :P

Gabi

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on November 17, 2006, 08:35:00 AM
Ladies and Gents I give you by way of RJ: Ephrael Falco!
Beautiful!! *Applauds RJ.*
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nikki

ok, i've missed half the stuff going on. i guess Xze'll just pop in at an oppertune time X3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xze-Xze on December 03, 2006, 01:09:52 AM
ok, i've missed half the stuff going on. i guess Xze'll just pop in at an oppertune time X3

Currently we're stalled on Gareeku by the looks of things.

Paladin Sheppard

I've spoken to him he's just a little tied up. When he starts his holidays I think he'll try to keep us moving.

Gareeku

Aaaaaaand we're back. I'm so very sorry for the unexpected hiatus the rp has taken. University was kicking my ass, and on top of other things I'd rather not go into, I kind of lost the motivation to run the rp. However, I'm back with a renewed determination to get this thing going again and to try and prove that i'm not a rubbish GM (yeah right) XP

One more thing: I'd like to get a roll call on the rp if i may. If there's anyone who wants to drop out, feel free to do so, i completely understand. I'm also considering opening the rp up again, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Paladin Sheppard

I'm still in but I'm gonna disapear in a weeks time for 5 weeks

Tapewolf

I'm in, although I'll be less active during the 23-30 when I'll be with my relatives, and probably only online in the evenings.
If we've lost or are losing Xze (I'm still not sure) and Chris/Supercheese, it might be an idea to open it up again, but if we do, we'll want to find an opening.. a sudden cast change in one night is a bit.. contrived.
If there's going to be a big fight sequence coming up, that might be a good place for other people to come to their aid, or there could be other people at the temple.. both those would make good insertion points, IMHO.

RJ

I'll try and stick around, though it's the busy season and I dunno if my grandparents will let me use their new internet.

Hilary

I'm still in. It was a really great time for a hiatus, in my opinion, because if there wasn't one, I would have had to have dropped out anyway... but now all the crazy stuff is over. ^^

Gabi

Busy, but present. Considering how everyone else is busy too, you might as well count me as active.

As for opening the game, I agree with JP. If we're down to 5 players, we could get one or two more.

Arcalane

Around but having hard drive hardware issues. I can still use the `net and such, but not reliably.

Tapewolf

It's probably worth me mentioning a couple of facts about Jakob's "Jay Farrow" identity.  Firstly, he was in fact a demon monk who died roughly 300 years before canon (see C.J.P. chapter 17) whose identity Jakob borrowed and used sporadically thereafter to perform random acts of kindness.  It is therefore possible that someone 300-500 years old may remember Jay (either real or fake).  I don't think that's likely, but just FYI.

Secondly, I never specified his base fur colour, which is dark blue (hey, I had to pick something!).  Depending what happens next it's quite possible that Jakob is going to have to drop that disguise anyway.

Paladin Sheppard

Ok peoples I'm going to be gone for the next 3 and a bit weeks so Gareeku has agreed to play Eph for me while I'm gone I'll cya when I get back!

Gabi

Gareeku

Ok, I've decided to open the rp up temporarily to other people. If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Bear in mind that, at this point, new characters won't have received a letter. However, as i said, pm me and we can discuss it. :3

If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, please say. I know this rp has turned out to be slow and sucky already, so i could use some input. :(

Aisha deCabre

(Pops head in shyly)  Ooh, the RP's open...If I may, I wanna join in.  ^^  I've read through the whole thing once and I must say it's a good one with very much potential.

I'm sure many of you know of Aisha's appearance and stuff by now, but to be formal, I'll write down her statistics.   :3

Name: Aisha deCabre

Species: Panther (black jaguar)

Race: Being

Appearance: If traveling by herself she's normally seen with her head covered by a hooded cape the color of crimson.  Otherwise, one sees that she is a melanistic feline with unusual eyes that are pretty much the same color if not lighter.  Her hair is darker than her fur and some of it frames her face on both sides down to the length of her neck, and her bangs just barely touch the level of her eyes.  Just one stripe of light grey falls down those strands, and the rest of her hair is tied in a braid behind her head the length of which just reaches down to the middle of her back.  She wears long-sleeved pants and a shirt both the color of navy blue and a sturdy black belt around her waist that also holds a few of her weapons concealed easily inside the cape.

Weapons and stuff: Aisha's favorite and trademark weapon is a silver boomerang that's bladed on all edges except for one on the outside, which there is a small handle to grip...normally it returns on its own when thrown, but if not, she can call it back with its enchantment.  She wears an emerald tail ring enchanted with the ability to sense dark magic and glows in the presence of it.  Further back into the belt is a magic-proof scabbard of dragon skin that holds a longsword, her preferred weapon for close combat.  She wears a bracer on her right wrist that's embued with light magic and can be used either for short-term healing or dissipation of dark magic.  Only she can unlock it.  There's one more weapon that she rarely uses unless necessary: an ice-magic embued whip.

Skills and Personality: Aisha's favorite method of attack is first and foremost, stealth.  She is fast in movement and thinking, and she never keeps her eyes off of an enemy: something that often is overlooked when there's more than one of them.  Aisha is also very observant and makes up for her weaknesses by pinpointing those of her opponent fairly quickly.  She has no magic abilities of her own, but her weapons all carry various light and sometimes elemental enchantments.  She prefers to fight with these weapons more than with bare hands or claws.

As for those weaknesses, she can be very stubborn, carrying a fight for longer than it probably would go for, and where normally she is very even- to light-tempered she can also be quick to anger and her determination is near unstoppable.  Very rarely has a fight with her target ended in a tie, and so sometimes her senses are deafened by a sense of pride in leu of injuries.

Whew...there we go.  ^^;
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Yeah, we could have her crouching in the undergrowth of the Devil's Path, trying to reach the temple as well.  That would make for a realistic insertion.

Tapewolf

Hmm, it looks like people are kind of waiting for the next 'event' to begin.

Gabi

It would be great to have Aisha with us. Especially since she was in the original party.

Note: I'm ambidextrous myself (I don't have exactly the same abilities in both hands, but they're rather evenly shared). Since my character doesn't have many combat skills, I assumed it would be ok to have her be able to use both hands to defend herself.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on January 07, 2007, 08:06:51 AM
It would be great to have Aisha with us. Especially since she was in the original party.
Quite.  I'm just wondering how she'd react to Jay, whom she's presumably never seen before, although I'm hoping Gareeku's presence will restrain her to some degree.

The stun spell is an interesting thing.  It raises questions like "why don't we cast a blanket stun on the entire path", but that would be too easy.
So to keep things balanced, I'm assuming that it's a difficult spell to cast (Gabi as a Were would be able to do it though).  Most likely you have to find a balance between it being too weak to stop your opponent, and so strong that it kills them.  This level would vary from person to person as well.
Of course if he can get through their mental shields, Jakob won't need the stun spell.

Gabi

Gabi's stun spell isn't strong enough to kill. It wouldn't be of much use against very powerful opponents (it would probably just tickle them). I'm sure I mentioned it when we were going through the spell roll call.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 07, 2007, 08:26:04 AM
Quote from: Gabi on January 07, 2007, 08:06:51 AM
Quite.  I'm just wondering how she'd react to Jay, whom she's presumably never seen before, although I'm hoping Gareeku's presence will restrain her to some degree.

I'm actually thinking of re-going through the story and this RP thread to see whom Aisha would recognize from the previous adventure if any.  ^^;  Might as well do that while the next event begins.  We had the idea that she would appear then...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 07, 2007, 03:28:09 PM
I'm actually thinking of re-going through the story and this RP thread to see whom Aisha would recognize from the previous adventure if any.  ^^;  Might as well do that while the next event begins.  We had the idea that she would appear then...

Off the top of my head I think it's just Gabi, Gareeku and Jakob (when he eventually slips out of his disguise).  Pal was here but dropped out to replace himself with Ephrael.  James was talking about joining at one point, and now/soon is as good a time as any if he's still able and willing.

Gabi

She'd also probably notice the resemblance between Blaze and Raine.

Tapewolf

What kind of valuable are they after in a world where Creatures can create precious metals by magic?  I'm assuming they're all Beings.
(and Jakob is shamming with the SOULS bit of course..)

Ah well, I'll see how this is going in the morning...