Photoshop.

Started by Amber Williams, October 26, 2006, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 28, 2006, 08:05:50 PM
what's not fair is to go around "Lol Gimp sux get fotochop"

I don't think anyone here has said that. There's been a few "I've tried it and didn't like it" or "it doesn't work for me, whereas PS does" type notes, but everyone is remaining more or less civil.

Well.. apart from Darkmoon, and he's been about as civil as we ever expect him to be. :-)

*hides*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

RJ

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 28, 2006, 03:04:49 PM
and did someone say dreamweaver?  :U I do advanced web stuff and I can guarantee it's a big piece of excrement. the load of crap it adds up keeps screwing up the functionality of the webpages and the visual design function becomes completely useless if you separate the pages in several files, which 90% of the professional web applications do. I know that's getting off-topic, but my suggestion is stay away. If you need a decent way to quickly make webpages, try NVU because it's not worthy paying U$400 for a legit copy of Dreamweaver and a lot of headaches.

I hated Dreamweaver, especially when I had to use it for an assignment. I ended up getting something half-decent in the end, but I generally do enjoy just using notepad. And if I ever do use dreamweaver for quick little things, I keep it in the code section and just use the F12 option instead of the design look.

GabrielsThoughts

is dreamweaver one of those what you see is what you get progams that "sux"
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

WYSIWYG, yeh.

Notepad owns.

Damaris

Plus... it doesn't cost anything. :p

See, we don't always love the bells and whistles.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Indeed. Notepad and Firefox for the wiin.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 28, 2006, 10:51:10 PM
is dreamweaver one of those what you see is what you get progams that "sux"
more like WYSINEWYG (what you see is not exactly what you get), because what it displays often doesn't match MSIE nor Gecko-engine browsers. it's fine for degisn but for real implementation nothing beats a text editor with syntax highlighting
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Amber Williams

Dreamweaver was pretty blargh when I had to use it for class.  I should have taken flash instead...ah well.  As someone who has used a few WYSIWYG builders, I'd have to say Dreamweaver is a bit too much complications and hassle for my preferences.

Gimp, Photoshop, OC, whatever really makes a person happy and that they are comfortable with is what works.   A high price-tag doesnt necessarily mean its going to be the best program ever, but I personally can see the reasoning of why Photoshop is the costlier of the programs. I think its a good program, I've had reasonable experience with it, and it's most often sold to people who's art is a career thus they can make the money spent on it back quickly.  I personally enjoy Photoshop, despite the occasional glitch. (and really glitches that eat ones work will happen in every type of computer)  I own a legit copy, but this isn't a thread about legitimacy or the moral implications of software.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 28, 2006, 11:33:13 PM
... nothing beats a text editor with syntax highlighting

Indeed. Vim (www.vim.org) FTW. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

icarus

notepad users represent \../,

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

DigitalMan

Quote from: icarus on October 29, 2006, 06:08:03 AM

My thoughts exactly. All ya need is Notepad and a browser window!

But as for the main topic... Seriously now. Has anyone contacted Adobe yet?

Aridas

no love for crimson editor? :<

Darkmoon

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 29, 2006, 06:33:09 AM
Quote from: icarus on October 29, 2006, 06:08:03 AM

My thoughts exactly. All ya need is Notepad and a browser window!

Word.

When it comes to CSS editing, I use Firefox with the WebDeveloper Toolbar, simply because it's nice to see my CSS rendered on the fly.

grayvn

I use Crimson only for Java. As for HTML I prefer Phase 5 which is basically an advanced version of Crimson. Sadly, it's not available in English.
For image-works Uleads PhotoImpact is still my favorite. Have to grab v12 anytime soon, still stuck with v8.

As for the Adobe problem:

Izkata

Well, Notepad has always been the easiest and fastest way to code for me....