10/29/08 [DMFA #947] - AVENGENCE!

Started by Turnsky, October 29, 2008, 02:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cvstos

Fi's so cute when he's molesting demons...  ;)

But then, "permanent cute" is a trait of all warp-aci, most likely. Fi would likely be able to be cute doing anything.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 29, 2008, 05:18:36 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on October 29, 2008, 02:15:47 AM
Hrm, Perhaps Warp-Aci is a neat fashion accessory.  :3
That's the vibe I've picked up.  'Cubi are quite capable of teleporting without them, they just seem to be something that's 'cool' to have around.
And so convenient (2nd panel).
Quote from: Alondro on October 29, 2008, 10:07:18 AM
Ah yes, the snow.  There was snow all the way down to parts of the North Carolina mountains.  In October.

We're in for a nasty winter.   :<

EDIT:  I just remembered!  My brother owns a landscaping business with lots of snow removal contracts!  I can work with him during the heavy snows and earn extra $$$!  Woo-hoo!  Bring on the snow!   :boogie
Snow is to be expected earlier up in the mountains... and north. We were supposed to get some last weekend but other than a minute dusting that only showed up blown in the corner of the front step, most of the snow was to our southwest. Not to worry, being northern Minnesota, we'll eventually get enough snow and cold for it to accumulate . We're just not in the heavier local snow band, that's normally 50+ miles farther south of the Canadian border.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

QuoteThe Lost Lake Inn
Discuss the newest DMFA comics, the Furrae world, or whatever. (Rated PG)

PG Forum.

QuoteQuote
Fi just got me pregnant!

Fi, in the bedroom, with the turkey baster.

Not PG Forum.  Habeeb the difference.  I have seen many saturday morning cartoons make playful references to things like nudity, or boobs. But I dont recall any episode of Animaniacs involving a reference to turkey basters.

I honestly do not care if people want to think of any of my characters in various ways but I would at least expect them to follow the forum guidelines.  And considering how with each update it was getting more and more lecherous, I would assume that by the end of the arc people would just be flat out saying the various ways they would sex up the characters.

Just because I make a slightly risque joke, it is not a big welcome mat to try to one-up and make an even more risque joke.  If one cannot enjoy the humour of a gag without needing to take it even further...then I would recommend refraining from posting on the only PG section on the entire forum.

icarus

is it wrong that the first place my mind went was to fi trying to prepare a turkey *IN* a bedroom?

"But you said to dress it!"

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Jer-oh-me

Just saw the comic and first reaction: BWAAAAA!!!

Okay now on topic...

Yay for Portland! Further north than I used to live but no SNOW!!! Yes, sorry to hear about what I'm guessing is snow in biblical proportions, but I'm here doing the happy dance for not having any. :D Though, it is foggy today.

Amber Williams

Quote from: icarus on October 29, 2008, 01:41:57 PM
is it wrong that the first place my mind went was to fi trying to prepare a turkey *IN* a bedroom?

"But you said to dress it!"

Yes. Its very wrong.
HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME YOU WRONG WRONG HUSSY! :U

But anyways, I guess my general point is that I "personally" don't care, but there are many readers on the forum who do. And when people start pushing what they feel is the limit of the forum, I am the one who gets yelled at. Now, I can handle whatever comes my way when it comes to the comic itself. Thats my stewpot, I get to sit in it if I offend someone.

The DMFA section of the forum is the only PG section in the entire place if I recall. And while I usually try to be lenient, every now and then someone or some peeps start really nudging out past the limit.   And for the record folks, I personally didn't lock the thread.  However I will say that when a thread does get locked, thats usually a good indicator that the conversation is meant to be over, and making comments in the next thread about it is in poor taste.  As such, I expect the conversation to truly be over after this point.

You people are free to feel what you want, and I'm sure if you are subtle and creative enough, you can easily dodge radars. But please don't expect me to just sit back and get yelled at by the more conservative members of the forum just so you guys can comment how you feel. That is just as unfair.

terrycloth

I didn't feel I was pushing the limits of the forum. Talking about artificial insemination is well within the bounds of PG. If you're going to randomly have trigger issues -- and that seemed truly random to me -- then you're going to get people 'pushing the limits' accidentally because the limits are invisible and mysterious.

Amber Williams

And when they push, I will nudge them back.

Normally this stuff is handled via PM. Or me just saying in a generalized "you guys are getting pretty close to the risky zone". This particular time the thread got locked and people got shoved centerstage so everyone seems to be making a big spectacle out of it because unlike all the previous times its not subtle.

I am equally displeased that the thread was locked. My original plan was to simply state my displeasure and leave it at that. I didn't even realize the thread was actually locked till this morning because I forgot that mods can still post in locked threads and I mistook DMoons comment of "maybe we should lock" as "it isn't locked yet."

Honestly the only difference between this instance and previous ones is that it wasn't behind closed PMs, which is the only reason I can fathom people being so snippy.  Had the thread not been locked and PMs been done, odds are no one would give a flying fig.

Amber Williams

Actually. I take it back.

You know what.  I need a break.

I am stressed. Insanely stressed. I have bills, travel, elections, immigration, owed work, and several other things pressing down on me. My people skills are not the best and you guys are likely only going to find more things that are likely going to set me off. Not because they are terrible, but because I am stressed to the limit.  And yeah, it possibly is a good chunk of me because I am so downright miserable in my life right now that things that I may three months ago have glossed over are now stabbing me in the face. I do not have the time or the energy to deal with the forum.  I realize this, and I apologize to anyone who has been all hurt from my recent commentary.  It was not my intention to upset people.

From here on out, if you have any problems, contact Darkmoon or Damaris. I will see you all in January.  Hopefully by then I will be in a mental state that will please everyone.

(Note: This is not me trying to throw a big old wanky fit or "wah. You people are so mean I am leaving." I just honestly think I am not fit to handle the forum at this time.

*edit note: This is also not in reference to anyone in particular or me trying to call anyone out.  Its just a general feeling. For the past few weeks I have been unhappy on the forum. And its probably just me.  Its not any individuals fault. I just need to drop some of the excess things in life and refocus on others.)

Slowtini

Jairus

Okay Amber. Take a break, and we'll see you in January. I hope you feel better soon. We'll all be here when you feel up to it.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Aleolus

Have a nice vacation from the forums, Amber.  Let your mind recuperate as best you can!

llearch n'n'daCorna

For what it's worth, if anyone has problems with the forum, they should pretty much ALWAYS take it up with myself, Damaris, Darkmoon, and the other mods, as the first port of call, before bothering Amber.

I mean, come on, guys. Amber's supposed to be drawing the comic, not listening to all of you moan about activities in the forum. That's why we have multiple admins. And it's not like I, at least, aren't around a fair bit...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dagardo

1. Amber, you take all the time you need to square you're brain and relax. We'll live one way or another.

2. llearch, I can only agree with everything you just said. And out of the entire moderation team you seem to be around the most.

3. Kria and Lorenda seemed to have changed roles. Lorenda is the mother, an over lecturing one at that, and Kria is the daughter, although more of a teenager who thinks she everything she is currently doing is just fine, or something like that, seeing as how she seems so reluctant to stop.

Valynth

...Snow?  What means this "snow?"  Is it like ice? (If you have to search wikipedia to understand snow, you might be a southerner.)

Anyway, I'm sure global warming will fix that "snow" issue any minute now.

As for the comic:  I know I should look away, but..  I can't...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on October 29, 2008, 04:33:37 PM
And out of the entire moderation teamforum you seem to be around the most.

Just corrected that, there, Dagardo. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 29, 2008, 05:34:55 PM
"And out of the entire moderation teamforum you seem to be around the most."

There is a slight problem that I now seem to have beaten you in terms of hours online  :cry

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 29, 2008, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 29, 2008, 05:34:55 PM
"And out of the entire moderation teamforum you seem to be around the most."

There is a slight problem that I now seem to have beaten you in terms of hours online  :cry

So you have. I wonder when that happened.

I shall have to put in extra hours to fix that.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2008, 02:43:58 PMI am stressed. Insanely stressed. I have bills, travel, elections, immigration, owed work, and several other things pressing down on me. My people skills are not the best and you guys are likely only going to find more things that are likely going to set me off. Not because they are terrible, but because I am stressed to the limit.  And yeah, it possibly is a good chunk of me because I am so downright miserable in my life right now that things that I may three months ago have glossed over are now stabbing me in the face. I do not have the time or the energy to deal with the forum.  I realize this, and I apologize to anyone who has been all hurt from my recent commentary.  It was not my intention to upset people.

I sincerely hope you don't read this, because I hope you're off getting some rest and relaxation.  I'd say you deserve that rest, but frankly, we all deserve it, and it doesn't convey the meaning I'm trying to express, which is that everyone here likes and respects you (and that means that I like and respect you) and wishes all the best for you.

So while I can't wish you some good relaxation now, I'll be there in January (or whenever) to hope you had some good relaxation.

(Oh, and sorry about what I said in the other thread.  My mind has been warped by some of the other forums I've been on.  Someday, I'll have to share links to some of the threads over at Halfpixel.  But not now, as I'd rather not give Amber a heart attack.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Hermie

*steps in after a long time of not coming here, only to see Amber stressed over perverts, and thinks twice about posting a comment that popped into my head...*

... Though I guess Kria is more of a cougar than a mare... XD

Roureem Egas

A growler huh? I kinda had Fi pegged as a hisser.  :3

Rakala

I imagined him being more of a scream of indeterminable rage.

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 29, 2008, 04:23:44 PM
For what it's worth, if anyone has problems with the forum, they should pretty much ALWAYS take it up with myself, Damaris, Darkmoon, and the other mods, as the first port of call, before bothering Amber.

I mean, come on, guys. Amber's supposed to be drawing the comic, not listening to all of you moan about activities in the forum. That's why we have multiple admins. And it's not like I, at least, aren't around a fair bit...

that and it's not like you guys have anything better to do..  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Naldru

I have been informed by many individuals that the appearance of snow appears to have a high correlation with the onset of stress, especially when the snow exceeds three or four feet in depth.  The claim is that having lots of light seems to help.  So Amber -- let there be light

I used to live in Schenectady, New York (not far from Albany and fairly close to Canada).  My mother hated the ice and snow.  I was extremely amused when I saw an interview with President Carter and his wife and it turned out that she also hated the ice and snow there.  (There is a design facility there for nuclear submarines and I suspect that that is where Carter was stationed for a while in the Navy.)

Rest assured, Amber, that you are not alone in feeling depressed and freaked out by snow.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Dagardo

Quote from: Naldru on October 29, 2008, 10:22:44 PM
I have been informed by many individuals that the appearance of snow appears to have a high correlation with the onset of stress, especially when the snow exceeds three or four feet in depth.  The claim is that having lots of light seems to help.  So Amber -- let there be light

So what? You're saying the more stressed out people get, the bigger chance of it snowing is?
And the thing about light you said confuses me. Are you saying that more light lessens the chance or increases it, or what? I'm confused. In fact you're whole statement overall confuses me. Although I like the snow, not so much the cold that comes with it though, especially when you get out of the shower if your bathroom has no heating in it for why ever.

superluser

Quote from: Naldru on October 29, 2008, 10:22:44 PM

Let me add to this:

The best light for this is supposed to be full-spectrum lighting.  This includes the UV spectrum that you get in daylight.  I have a couple 5000K full-spectrum compact fluorescents in my apartment.  They're not expensive these days (I got one for my Mom and paid more for S&H than the actual bulbs).  I'm also not sure, but you might want to leave the lampshades off, because they may block the UV light, and you don't want to block that.

I don't know if they improve my mood, but the light looks much more blue, and reminds me of the sort of light you'd see on a spring day in an open field, so at the very least it gives you a better feeling about the light you're using.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

DeedaeicMess

Eek. And now I feel even more guilty about bringing it up in the first place. (I didn't think Amber had locked it; I only mentioned the fact because I was going to apologize to Amber in that thread but was apparently too late to do so).

In any case, I'm looking forward to your return and I wish you happy trails, pilgrim. <3

This whole thing reminds me that I need to write the script for the new first page of my own webcomic. Is it odd that it does that?

On topic once again: I wasn't around to ask this the last few times because I, myself, had taken a break from the forums, but... Wow, what's with Kria's dress? I don't think I remember the last time she looked that... Femme. :o

Damaris

No, Dagardo.  Snow comes.  Snow makes people cranky and stressed.  Light helps people be less cranky and stressed.

It's getting cold here, and snow is in the offing.  Keep that in mind guys, since I'll be reading this forum more closely for the next few months.  Llearch may be here more often, but I am a crankier human being.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Anri

I want snow. :<

Well ok, my inner snowkitty wants snow. >_>