Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

((ooc: And of course, having joined a new RP, I immediately enter Too Much Posting Mode!))

The entity chuckled to himself, which may or may not have been heard by others in the room.

Because I'm a horrible little cheater at life, The entity replied, You'll have to find a referee and sic them on me. When I get here, of course.

There. When you don't have a plan, say or do something completely irrational and let the other person think themselves to death. Now then, let's see what the Pretty Damsel In Distress is hiding. And with that, the entity turned his full attention to the girl standing there, or at least as much of his attention as most people can usually spare for anything.

Mmm... Pizza.

Stygian

The shadows responded, a slight tension and even... amusement carried by the thought.
   "We trust you won't interfere, then. Maybe we'll share shadows soon. But either way, it looks like we'll get to see some excitement here, whether We will have to fight these... people, or not."

Boog

The entity gave off the mental equivalent of a shrug and got back to scrutinizing the girl. Best not make any descisions about anything until I know more.

e_voyager

E becomes aware of the new arrival  as his sword hunger for blood to spill and souls to devour. he looks at the blade and wonder what know of monster he awakened when he let this copied body overload on the dark energy that Dr. Wily had been using. he had been sure that the body could take it and then Erebus had appeared in his mind.  still there is something odd about the new entity it's almost like he(e was receiving a male impression of it form the darkness) isn't truly here. he almost reminded e of of how he becomes when he loses count of his spare bodies and destroys them all and has to wait for a new one to be built. 

"now What" ask e turning to the shadows near the entrance
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gareeku

"That's it. I've had enough. I'm opening that damn closet" Gareeku growled, before striding over it and, with his other hand firmly grasping his katana, opening its doors, not knowing what lay within...

Stygian

The heavy doors of the wardrobe swung out, a ripping sound accompanying them. Hanging in the darkness within, strung up tightly to its inside walls with the same kind of black web that lay spilled across the floor beneath the pillair, was a feline woman exactly similar to the one standing among them, right down to the slightest hair. She had been struggling to break free, obviously, but now her tear-reddened eyes were wide open and frozen on the spot right behind Gareeku, where her "twin" stood.
   "Pity. We were saving her for later." The "girl" behind them spoke. Her voice was far from crying now. Even with his back to her, Gareeku could very nearly see the sadistic grin on her face.

Gareeku

Listening to the now-revealed imposter speak, Gareeku said nothing for a few seconds. It was in this time that a smirk appeared on his face, most unusual one may think for someone in this kind of situation.
"Heh...well, well, well...look what we have here...a big bad moster who kidnaps innocent girls...sounds kind of cliche to me..." Gareeku said with a slight chuckle, the dark smirk still apparent on his face and his grip on the blade firming up as he turned towards the one who had been disguising themselves as the girl...

e_voyager

e looks at the two felines his blade trying to leap out of his hands. he simply says the word "copy" tough in this case doppelganer may be more appropriate. the sword was tough but he was tougher.  an annoyance. 'What should we do' he wondered as h was stile getting use to there being consequences  to his actions. E hears a voice saying "kill them all" and the blade seems to pulse   shaking in agreement.  E steps behind the girl to block escape but withholding his blade unsure of himself. "don't  try to flee"

(OOC Stormbringer mournblade is described here as well being that it is strombringer's twin)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

((OOC: Dang, you people are fast. o.O  Nice plot twist too.   :3 ))

Others joined in on the fun soon enough.  She saw E come up as if out of nowhere, and sensed...another presence...but for now Aisha was disregarding them.  For as the doors to the wardrobe flew open by Gareeku's angered hand, she lowered her blade in confusion.

Doppelganger.  The pantheress whirled around, raising her blade as she also stood facing this...thing.  There were still answers...and they were sorely needed.  But the struggling in the closet, the true captive (though in this turn of events it was hard to believe so anymore)...that couldn't be ignored either.

"Oh, perfect," Aisha muttered with a slight laugh.  "Gareeku or Karl, take care of the imposter, por favor."  With a quick swish through the air to test the magic-proof blade's sharpness, Aisha leaped up to the wardrobe and proceeded to slice through the girl's dark bonds.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

The fake leopardess' smile deepened. Gareeku couldn't quite remember her teeth being that sharp, or her fur that dark. She planted her hands on her hips, taking a relaxed, even slightly seductive stance, despite the overhanging threat of the Voyager behind her.
   "Please don't think us stereotype. She wasn't one of those unfortunate that lived in this manor, and unlike a certain someone she didn't try to fight us. She just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time." She turned her head to look over her shoulder, her eyes glowing a faint blue and casting a piercing look up at the machine-entity. Then she smiled again.
   "And don't think that We would try and flee. In this kind of situation, there is no fleeing." The leopardess double turned against Gareeku again, her eyes blue awls that seemed to bore into his skull. "No. What you need here... is hostage!" At the last word, she darted with eye-defying speed against Aisha.
   No one had time to do much more than twitch. Aisha turned with speed earned from years of practice to face her attacker, but the leopardess slid around her guard so fast she barely had time to see what was happening. Desperately, she pulled to the left, clearly attempting what Gareeku recognized as the beginning of a swordplay move called "Paper Fan blows in The Wind" and granted her assailant a long gash along her right arm. But the leopardess moved like she had not a bone in her body, sliding her arm around Aisha's and stepping a leg between hers, pulling her feet away from underneath. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, the doppleganger had Aisha in a tight grip, positioned to break both her right arm and neck at a moment's notice.
   "We doubt anyone of you will want to risk this girl's life. And none of you have the speed to save her, it seems. So, let's negotiate instead." The leopard girl's face had somehow grown dark and wicked, but the same vicious smile still stuck to it. "We are so sorry for all of this, but it could have ended so much better if you had just let it pass." Aisha struggled in her captor's arms, trying to perform a counter-grip. She might as well have been trying to bend a crowbar with her bare hands. The "woman" holding her was insanely strong. Thinking fast, she changed tactics.
   Don't think I can save myself, do you, hembra? I'll show you. Aisha thought. She had more than a few tricks up her sleeve, and she was about to pull a downright nasty one on this bitch.

((OOC: I once again apologize for taking things out of your hands, but it's drama-critical. You'll get to beat the shit out of me later if you do well.))

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel, always late to the party, has managed to find her way from the kitchen to the attic and is standing just inside the doorway. She watches the battle with interest but doesn't move to help. A ring on her right hand has taken on a faint luminescence but other than that she appears to be a helpless unarmed bystander. Then something else catches her attention. Too softly for anyone to hear she says, "Oh, this is where you went."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha wanted to curse herself, out loud a more approved reaction than inwardly.  With her best arm restrained, the sword clattered to the ground at her knees.  For the first time in a while, the bounty hunter was weakened and defeated...nearly.  She wanted to smirk, but kept her face frozen and unfeeling...this could work out somehow.

Instead, the panther stopped the meaningless struggling and watched the others, who were frozen in their feet and hesitant to attack across the living shield that was their comrade.  Aisha was on her own for the time being.  The only movement she made was a quick glance up into the wardrobe, where the prisoner was still held to the wall.  Also, she noted the fact that while her good arm was restrained...it was the only arm that was.  Plus, there was still the scratch she had put in its skin.  Strong or not, demon was demon, darkness was darkness...and darkness had its weakness.

Tme for a little playacting, then...

"Grah!" Aisha cried out suddenly, so loud her voice echoed across the very walls...gurgling as if possessed, her tail ring still glowing brightly to accentuate the scene.  "Nobody listen to her!  Darkness...taking me over...Lies!  Mentiras!  Maldicion!  It'll place a curse on you all!  I can't take this!"  After all she shouting, she fell over in a slump, body falling limp as if dead but breathing heavily.  As soon as her face was on the floor, her left hand secretly dove back into a fold of the crimson cloak around her body...reaching for a weapon that was more like a restraint against the darker creatures.

Confusion stirred.  Slight worry from the others.  Even the creature itself seemed to be caught off-guard...the feeling of darkness perhaps too much for its hostage.  Aisha could literally feel the smug glee eminating...

Her left hand shot out instantly.  She turned and locked a strange bracer onto the creature's right arm, which burst into a flash and erupted into flames across the wound.  In the same motion, Aisha drew her boomerang and caught her assailant's neck in an upward slash, and she held it there.

"Feeling that?  Only I can unlock that bracer, blessed with healing light magic.  Now," Aisha hissed, deepening the blade, "we negotiate.  Let me go."  To the others she shouted, "And someone free the girl!"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

E watches the situation carefully.  she was fast. as quick man at least. one on one he was fast enough to fight this entity. maybe even fast enough to win with his 21XX dash system.  but he also knew that he even with all this could not attack and keep the hostage alive and the voice was urging him to kill them both. he looks At Karl and Gareeku. no help there yet. he look inside but Erebus ins not talking. there is someone else there no two people  inside of him. there is one telling him to kill them both the other telling him to think this out. mournblade sings calling for blood.  E held his hand steady. he looks at the leopardess.

"what makes you think that i won't kill her to get to you?" it is a harsh but necessary probe.  he is not ready to give in yet. he knows that he must choose but mournblade was a dangerous sword. he moves off the the side circling the both of them. he does not wist to strike not yet no until he is sure of the outcome. there was so much easier before he found out what he  was truly supposed to be.

it was then that he was saved for these thoughts as the hostage to it on her own to act. he smiled dashes away as  high speed (not as fast as a flash step mind you) to stop near the girl and with careful swings of Mournblade set her free.

Stygian

The creature was clearly taken completely by surprise by this action. Its head tilted back, the bladed boomerang at its neck, it still seemed defiant though, hissing lowly at Aisha and speaking in a voice that now had much more of a sharpness in it.
  "Neat trick, girl." It pulled easily on the chain. "But it won't ho..." The creature stopped abruptly, turning its gaze towards the bracer. And while at first Aisha thought she must be mistaken, there was no doubt what she was seeing. The creature's face was fearful.
  "We cannot tell you strongly enough how important it is that you take that off us." It swallowed audibly. "Right now."

e_voyager

Mournblade  slashes though the left leg restrain with on swing coming close the the  girls flesh. e adjust his grip and  force the second swing that follows making sure that it swings further away form the tied up girls right leg. the sword was hungry and e was not  letting it feed.

Aisha deCabre

Though the creature's apparent fear cut into Aisha's mind, a sound which she found most gratifying, Aisha couldn't help but be a little curious even while at the same time being torturous to the demonic creature.

The blade sunk deeper.  "Por que... and why should I?" she hissed back.  "And why do you keep referring to yourself as 'us' while you're at it?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Boog

A bit more chuckling from the shadows where the entity was lurking. That, and the sound of someone eating pizza.

"Heh, now we're talking. You had no clue the girl was packing something like that, did you? And now you hope to bluff her... Also, learn to use pronouns." He murmured, a bad habit to have when one is hiding. Noticing E move, the entity considered his own options.
I do not approve of what's going on here, but I don't have enough background to act and most of me isn't here yet. I'd have to rush myself into any niche I could fit myself into.
He looked around pondering the issue until he saw a cockroach skittering along the ground. He reached down and, straining slightly to be real enough to interact with something physical, gently picked up the bug.
This could be a niche I could fill for a little bit, but I might harm the poor thing. Closing his hand around the roach so it wouldn't escape, the entity leaned forward a little and continued to watch the proceedings. A last resort, if things get too out of hand...

Gareeku

While it may have looked like Gareeku was somewhat fearful that the creature hostage, this was merely a front. Inside, the wolf was smirking. He had known Aisha for a long time, and knew the battle skill she weilded. Like him, she was a user of light magic, and the wolf watched with a smirk on his face as the panthress used her skill to great effect. Out of the corner of his eye, Gareeku observed E trying to free the girl. However, he also felt there was something else about the stranger, in particular his blade.
Hmmm...a soul-devouring blade...I hope he has enough control over that thing... the wolf thought to himself, before focussing back on the trapped creature.
"What's the matter, afraid now that Aisha has the upper hand on you? Pathetic..." Gareeku said with a degree of venom in his voice. He held no time for creatures of evil, let alone those who turned coward as soon as they on the losing side of a battle. Walking up beside Aisha, Gareeku held his katana to the side of the creatures head, the metal blade glowing a fierce blue the nearer it got to the creatures skin.
"Aisha is not the only one who possess knowledge of light magic...see this blade? it holds the essence of light magic within. Now, about those negotiations..." Gareeku growled threateningly.

Stygian

A bluish-green light suddenly started to trickle over the creature's face as it repeated;
   "Take that shackle off us, or WE will all be destroyed in a most swift and painful manner." The creature's eyes stared first into Aisha's, then into Gareeku's, and both could hear the very significant tonation on the word "we". Both looked down on the bracelet.
   From having been red, the flames at the creature's wrist and around the band had turned a sickening cyanide blue. And they were spreading, its skin crackling like dry firewood and paper. And there was no doubt now; the creature was afraid. Panicking, in fact. It started pulling on the chain, its left hand frantically clawing at the bracer, futilely trying to get a grip under it. The chain to the shackle jerked out of Aisha's hand so hard she thought it would disjoint both her shoulder and elbow.
   The creature started screaming as the blue flames reached its torso. First, in a voice still resembling something natural. But slowly it changed, turning into a dreadful multi-voiced wail, a roar and a shriek at the same time that seemed to rip the very air asunder, and made everyone without built-in volume controls clap their hands to their ears. Its entire body was immersed in raging blue flames now, and everyone could feel something stinging against their skin, like a too-close fire and a piercingly icy gale at the same time. At long last, after what seemed an eternity, the wailing stopped, and the creature fell to its knees, then forward to the floor, still burning like a torch.

Gareeku

As the creature shrieked in pain, Gareeku could not help but wince from the horrible screams it emitted. When it stopped, Gareeku merely continued to glare at the fallen creature before him and Aisha, his eyes narrowing as his grip on his sword tightened. Gareeku's blade was now glowing violently, sparks on pure light magic crackling off of the metal, its reaction seemingly provoked by the creature's reaction to Aisha's bracer.
"Now then...care to explain what that was all about?" the wolf asked calmly, raising his eyebrow as he awaited an answer.

KarlOmega1

*Karl joined E in cutting the bonds on the hostage*

Karl: Chaos Drive...ACTIVATE!  Solar Blade!

*The device on his left arm formed a sword of Light energy...then he began to increase his pace at cutting the bonds*

Karl: *looking at Eberus' blade* so, you have a cursed blade? why?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aisha deCabre

Breathing deeply, Aisha rubbed the muscles of her right arm, which were sore from the rough handling...but nonetheless intact.  Her eyes narrowing at the enflamed creature, she cautiously came forward and retrieved the dragon-blade from the floor and slid it back into the hidden hilt of her belt with a quiet metallic ssshing.  The panther cast a curious glance to Gareeku's katana, and back again.  The fire took on an unnatural greenish-blue hue...poisonous, almost.

"Too bad that it didn't last," the panther sighed.  "I would have liked to know what the thing's purpose was, as well."  She knelt and touched the bracer, which gave her a mild shock from the tingling of mixed energies.  With a quick mutter and snap, the thing opened and fell into her hand...hopefully having been successful.  She smirked, though the boomerang was still held up in a "just-to-be-sure" posture.  "It went down nice and easy..."

The pantheress glanced behind her towards where Karl and E were working on the prisoner.  "How is she?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*Hearing Aisha ask the question, He shouted out his answer*

Karl: She doesn't look too good! We'll probably have to take her to the Medbay level of the house!
I'm a Skype User.

Gareeku

Sheathing his katana, Gareeku walked over to the girl and looked her over.
"Hmmmm...she doesn't seem to be severly injured...we'd better get he check over, just in case. She's most likely in severe shock or trauma." Gareeku said to Karl, before gently lifting the girl up in his arms. "It's ok now, it's over." Gareeku said softly, his voice most likely comforting after the traumatic experience the girl had just been through.

KarlOmega1

Karl: Medbay level is on second floor... hurry...

(OOC: Remember, it's a big house)

*Karl takes a little time to view the mess*

Karl: darn kid! He must have let the thing in by accident....of course he warped the house while I was away....
I'm a Skype User.

Stygian

Aisha's glance aside seemed like a trigger. Quickly as a flash, the fiery blue shape on the floor turned black from inside-out, growing slower and thicker. In equally short time it... flowed out, scattering and then reassembling. Now seeming more like something that was at the same time a flame, a liquid and a shadow, it instantly congregated and took shape in front of the stunned Aisha.
  It was a dark, humanoid being, about six feet tall or perhaps a bit more, broad-shouldered and muscular but hard and lean. Its black skin looked like crude oil and from its back a pair of featherless, almost skeletal wings, their long flowing tips seeming almost like tentacles, sprawled out behind and above its main form. What looked like torn strips of black cloth, as dark as its skin, hung around its torso, giving a semblance of some wicked kind of clothing. Its face was humanoid in shape, but it had slits for nostils and a maw for a mouth, a faint poisonous blue glow slipping through the cracks between its razor teeth. And most fearsome of all, its eyes glowed a venomous, sickly blue shade, seemingly boring into Aisha's. With a voice that sounded like corpses burning, it spoke, poisonous ashen breath hitting her face.
  "Sad to say, We just wanted a psyche before We hand your sorry asses to you." One clawed hand, easily the size of her head, swept out and struck Aisha's boomerang hand. The other sideswiped her in the gut, sending her flying in a low arch some good thirty feet and sprawling across the floor.
  The creature then turned towards Gareeku and E, and smiled. The girl between them was frozen still in panic.

Gareeku

Turning around, Gareeku face took on a grimace as he saw what he could only presume was the creature's real form.
"Shit..." Gareeku cursed, unsheathing his katana once more and the blade glowed a bright blue. Holding the girl close to him, he wasn't about let this creature lay a finger on her, be it by letting himself take the brunt of any attack or not...

Aisha deCabre

Aisha barely had time to register the blow to her body, the pain traveling to her brain, before she found herself flying and landing hard on the ground with a heavy groan.

Her teeth grinding to mask the pain, the demon hunter slowly crawled to her feet, right arm clutching her side.  Aisha's boomerang had flown out of her hand and was lying dangerously close to the entity.  It looked like very little she had ever seen before, and had more unpredictability and power.  Looking at it only seemed to make her falter again, as if a part of her wanted to stay down and play dead.

"What part of infierno coughed THAT up?" she muttered, drawing her sword again.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Boog

The entity frowned. That was unanticipated. "Well little guy, looks like I'll have to use you for a little bit. I wont lie to you; this will hurt. A lot." And thus, several thoughts occured to the roach at once. Among them was that it should be bigger, and this part of the exoskeleton should be here and that there, and this shouldn't exist but still should a little bit, and that it should still be even BIGGER, and that the new thing over there was bad. As the entity flowed into the little bug, the roach changed.

A couple seconds later, a monster stormed out of the shadows. It looked like a large, humanoid cockroach with nothing inside the exoskeleton other than a rudimentaly inner skeleton and a strance green light made of shifting patterns. With a roar, it barreled into the dark creature and sank its teeth into its shoulder, glowing green eyes glaring at the current target of its attack.
"Yeah. Leaving would be wise!" A sound emitted not through the throat, but by rubbing its wings againgst each other. "Get the girl away, I/he/we can't keep this up too long!"

Stygian

Slowly striding towards the triplet, the creature smiled, its eyes slits of blue that threatened to bore into Gareeku's skull.
  "There is no need for uncivility here. We are not interested in the girl any longer, only what she carries with her." It stopped halfway to them, tilting its head to the side, not minding that Aisha was getting to her feet behind it. "Give her up, and she will make it through alive."
   Then, as a huge beetle careered into it from the side, the creature turned to it. Yet its face held nothing more than surprise. No fear, no irritation. Nothing.
   "We thought you wouldn't. Sad, this affair."
   The creature... shifted. For a moment it turned into shadows again, and then back into solid form, its shoulder now being its hand, holding the beetle's head in a firm grip, its claws digging into it.
   "Silence is a virtue." It said, its other hand diving in under the beetle's carapace and tearing its wings asunder in a spray of watery blood.

((OOC: I really have to go soon... so sorry.))