Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

"You will not... let us?" The creature's voice is incredulous. Es ist lägerlich. We go. We wander. We move, and what stands in our way We pass. What tries to undo us We destroy. What bothers us, We do not mind, for We need not... At the last statement, something reaches out from the shadows. A long, muscular arm of black stretches out from the dark, tendrils of shadow snaking along it and the light around it seemingly melting away. The large, long-fingered hand at the end of it, its claws sharp as razors, gently reaches down and picks up one of the tacos between its fingers. The whole plate of them immediately grayen and start crawling with little black flecks, like weewils. "Because We ARE the path, kitty dear." The creature's hand retracts, a crackling, mashing sound clearly audible as the rotting taco vanishes into the blackness.
   "But no one is to say We were ever impolite, so we thank you for the tacos." Though it is indiscernible, the way the creature's eyes close and silence follows for a second suggests it made a bow. "Now, if you excuse Us, We are not here, but elsewhere. Your friends seem to have forgotten the immediate matter of their pizza..."
   In short notice, the blue eyes fade from Mel's vision. The darkness literally evaporates, leaving her sitting alone in a now significantly larger bright patch in nowhere at all.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel looks around and shakes her head. "Well, it does clean up after itself, you have to give points for that. I always seem to have the most interesting conversations interdimensionally." She picks up the plate of chocolate oatmeal cookies and stands. "I wonder if the Admiral would like a cookie? No one here seems to want one." She opens a door seen only by her and steps into the kitchen she just left. At the last second she turns back to leave a blue daisy on the table, for whomever.

OOC: Actually she said that the path would trap anyone not polite to it. She was being polite and nonthreatening (and goofy) because she didn't feel like fighting but was enjoying her strange encounter.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

KarlOmega1

Karl: Well, Aisha...You, me, and Gareeku better get back to the Ground level...Because I sense our pizzas are about to come knockin' on the door...

*meanwhile, Lilith answers the door*

Lilith: Hey Blurr, long time no see!

*Blurr was the Autobot not only known for his speed, but for his fast talk*

Blurr: Theoriginaldeliverybotbrokedowninthemiddleoftransport,sotheysentmetopickupthepizzasandtakethemtherestofthewayhere...sorryyouhadtowaitsolong.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aisha deCabre

At the mention of pizza, after having waited for a while, Aisha's ears perked.  "Well..." she started, tempted by her stomach.

But, the pantheress stopped...there was but one floor left before the highest.  Though the others probably didn't sense it...

She smiled apologetically.  "Save me a slice or two, if you please.  Someone was yelling for help up here, and I intend to find out who it was, or at least, what."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Aisha didn't really have more time than to take a step or two towards the stairway though, before something dripped on her head. Taking a step back, drawing her boomerang so fast that both Karl and Gareeku twitched and shot their eyebrows, she turned her face almost straight upwards, to the ceiling a good five metres above. Hanging from a beam, ripped and torn like a soda can pulled apart and then crushed, was the remains of what must have been the upper body of a silvery humanoid robot, its scrap of a frame still showing some colours and a cut picture of a slice of pizza, its only remaining arm still clutching a torn corner of a pizza box. It leaked a watery fluid down on the floor, but this had only formed a pool so small she had missed it in all the commotion. Drops of the fluid also trailed out the window.
   A bump, clearly audible and to Aisha also just possible to feel through the soles of her shoes, came from the floor above. And though the wind coming through the window dimmed sound a bit and ruffled the leaves of the trees behind the mansion, Aisha was sure she heard something... moaning, whining. Like a muffled cry through thick cloth.

Gareeku

(I dunno what the rules on controlling other people's characters are in this rp, but meh.)

Gareeku about to reply to Aisha's comment when, looking up, Gareeku saw from under his hood the remains of the robot. Raising an eyebrow, his hand went to the hilt of his katana at his side as his senses went on alert.
"Well if you are going, then so will I." Gareeku stated, walking up beside Aisha. He was convinced that something was still here...he didn't know what, but he had a feeling they may find out soon enough.

e_voyager

Erebus watched the actions though his pres in barley felt by whom he does not speak. he sees his shell still walking around interacting with the others as E the so called traveler. he had power true but he had now ideal with to do with it. still over the past 30,000 yeas the mortals had changed. as Erebus merged back into robot called he he's greeted. "find anything interesting? " "nothing your friends couldn't handle" good. i don't really trust myself not to blow up and this shadow blade ore you give me the creeps. "Erebus laughs. you still a baby with but a few millennium if i count your paragon time travel" "i hate time travel" " i know that no hop into that shadow portal. it will take you to where Karl  and the others  are. E nods and steps thou the portal.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

Aisha recoiled from the sight and dropped the piece of metal into the pool of liquid at their feet.  It looked like something out of a B-grade horror movie, only it was the robot that was lying detached of itself and hanging from the beam above. 

"So THAT'S what happened to the pizza-bot..." the panther muttered.  The smell of electricity and fuel was permeating the room and was rotten to the felid's nostrils.  Whatever did that kind of damage to a solid steel-plated thing...who knew what it could do to flesh?

Then she heard the bump...and a voice from above.  Something was still alive and struggling.

The stairway was right ahead of the group.  Movements could be heard again from above.  Whatever had caused that damage might be alive still, and waiting for someone.  Perhaps even ready for more than one to come.  Right then she was pretty grateful to her friend for volunteering to go with her.

Aisha thought of the consequences.  Trap?  Rescue?  Possibility of death?

...Oh, what the hell.

She nodded to Gareeku and half-dashed towards the stairway, weapon flashing in her hand as if the thing itself wanted to taste more dark blood.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Taking the stairway in long strides, Aisha stepped into the attic with her blade bared, Gareeku rushing up behind her and taking point with his katana in a flawless swordsmaster stance, not bothering to pull up his cowl that had fallen back. Determination was thick in the air, as was wariness. And Aisha's tail ring was glowing stronger again.
   The attic, unlike the lower floors, was not divided into rooms. No walls blocked sight, but intervals of dark wooden pillairs, one on each side of the room every twenty metres or so, and thick ceiling beams gave the large space a close feeling, like a strange forest of some kind. The room was dark, the only light coming from down the stairs and one pair of small, arched windows in each side of the steeply sloped ceiling, a good distance from each other. In the closer end of the attic to the left Aisha and Gareeku could see the dusty bricks of a chimmney standing out from the wall, and from that to the other side of this section of the attic was a good forty metres, at least. Boxes and old pieces of furniture stood agains the walls, grayened under a thick layer of dust or hidden under linen sheets.
   A muffled cry from the far side of the room caught their attention, and among the shadows at the base of a pillair both Gareeku and Aisha could make out the form of a person, tied up in some... weave of sorts.

KarlOmega1

*Karl takes a closer look at the bot and the pizza box*

Karl: Strange...this box looks like it was about a year old, yet the bot looks like it was torn two weeks ago...Intuitive deduction tells me we have a killer that surfs the veil of time...either that or some sick hunter using the timeline as a hunting ground.

???: Oh I wouldn't say that, fleshy!

*The group turns to the direction the voice...a large metallic dark figure appears from the shadows...Karl realizes whom it is not only because of it familiar look, but also because of the Decepticon insignia on it*

Karl: Me...Me...Megatron?!
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

a portal opens behind megatron and out of  the portal  flies out of control  Wingless E shouting " i hate this things! as his darker side lapse into silence. he and Erebus part of on being again. he can't  be sure where he is or were he's heading
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

((OOC: I am just going to ignore all this randomness that is currently taking place, since there is obviously no way of doing away with it. Stop eating them hallucinogenic brownies and get with the drama. As far as I'm concerned, the bot was evidently trashed very recently, considering the leaking fluid, and the house is not full of decepticons waiting to murder us with hacksaws. Now, for a random, slightly messed up quote that describes my feeling; A man keeps on stealing my plot, to give to his dog. And I like plot, but I can't keep on making it 'cause he just steals it.))

KarlOmega1

(OOC: Who the heck are you to say such a thing....Are you Huggable Kio...no...Are you KarlOmega...No...are you one of the people who posted in this thread before and didn't just join a couple pages back...I could check.  All That I'm saying is don't diss any of the few Co-GMs of the RP in question...in which me and the Thread creator were living in the same house (in the RP, of course)...and I say at least let the people playing have some fun and not worry about complaints....Also, I originally ordered the pizzas and as where to the bot would have dissappeared to (or taking so long); I will put it in...that's the reason I altered the situation to fit the plot that because of YOUR alteration...Thank you and good riddance!)

Edit> OK, I swear to god I was one of those that posted on the first pages...could those have been deleted, or are they in the "Page 6-10" area?

Edit> Ordered pizzas on Page 11.
I'm a Skype User.

Gareeku

(OOC: Ok...my opinion? I happen to like Stygian's plot very much, and i will agree that the presence of tranformers and other stuff like kind of ruins the drama aspect. I just can't take it seriously if megatron keeps popping up everywhere like "lol its me again weaklings". Its like watching a really bad anime (hell i should know, i'm a Dragonball fan after all). But whatever. As I said, that's my opinion.)

The darkness around the two warriors was thick; the only sources of light coming from the windows, Aisha's tail ring, and the dim blue magical light emitting from Gareeku's blade. Hearing the cry, Gareeku could indeed make out something was trapped. stretching out a finger on his free hand, Gareeku summoned a small amount of fire magic; a small ball of fire forming in the wolf's hand as a result, hopefully shedding light on whatever seemed to be trapped...

KarlOmega1

(OOC: Ok, so I went a little over with the transformers stuff...Megatron's presence is declared null and void)

*Karl tries searching for his own light source, only to find an Emeraldine crystal*

Karl: I could use the energy in the crystal to boost my Illumination spell...

*As he does so, a bright flash lights up the room...Karl notices something in the corner of his eye*

Karl: What the?!
I'm a Skype User.

Stygian

((OOC: Perhaps I should have expressed myself differently. I'm not being demeaning or anything. It's everyone's thread, and everyone is entitled to their opinion and to have a good time in their own way. It's just that for someone who usually reads Flaubert, or Nietzsche, or Goethe, it's getting hard to keep up with all the things just unexpectedly happening somehow. I like my things and events carefully placed, and comical releif or odd and silly things few and far between, but well thought through when they appear. And this means I can get a bit agitated when things get out of hand. I hope you can bear with me.))

Slumped against the tall pillair, what seemed to be a sweet young feline woman, perhaps of leopard descent, peered over her shoulder at Gaareku, her eyes glistening with tears in the light from the flame. Her courier's clothes, blue and clean but now rumpled, were covered in some sort of... web. He would not have called it silk, for it was neither nearly as fine as that material nor coloured a proper clean white but instead a blackish grey that clearly contrasted the patches of dust that had stuck to it. The woman - no, the girl. He could not think of her as more than a girl - was gagged with the same sort of black weave, and seemed to have tried to chew through it, some of it having caught in her teeth so that her face was stuck in a grimacing expression of fear and despair.

Gareeku

Seeing the trapped girl, Gareeku's eyes widened as shock made itself apparent within his emotions as he rushed over to her.
"Ssssh...it's ok...we're going to get you out of this." Gareeku said, trying to reassure and comfort the poor girl as he observed the substance that held her trapped. The wolf then tried to cut her free with his katana, not knowing whether his blade would cut through the strange material or not...

Stygian

At first, the strength of the threads of whatever the black substance was and Gareeku's care not to injure the girl made cutting them very hard, but once he pulled on them with a bit more strength and sliced them slower, rather than just trying to cut them right off, he quickly managed to untangle her. Sniffling, she got to her feet and buried herself in his arms, letting out a low whine, her tears soaking through his shirt.
   Aisha though, while glad for the girl's sake, was more worried than anything else. Her tail ring was not glowing any longer; it was flaring, humming with tension against her tail so strongly that it almost smarted. It felt like the skin of her neck was about to rip loose and crawl and hide under her robes. Something truly horrid was close, so close that they should practically be staring it in the eye by now. Yet however the shadows played here in the attic, she could neither see nor hear anything. The ceiling was clear, as were the walls, and while the lighting was dim it was strong enough and the pillairs narrow enough that whatever might come for them would have to form out of thin air to do so.
   Then, a rattle of doors sounded from the right. Both Aisha's and Gareeku's heads snapped around at the source of the sound, a massive carved double wardrobe of some thick, dark wood, taller than either of them and half again as tall as that. Something had moved in there. The girl's face froze in panic, and she darted around behind Gareeku, starting to pull at his arm, urging him and Aisha to flee.
   "Please! We have to leave! It will take you too, and I don't want to be here any more!"

KarlOmega1

*Karl then asked Gareeku if he should get the gal outta there whilst Aisha and Him fight whatever the thing is...*
I'm a Skype User.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha's gaze set upon the young girl as soon as she was revealed in her comrade's firelight with utmost curiosity.  Questions were certain to be asked as soon as things were over...like what she had to do with the house?  How was she here in the first place?

But after a couple of seconds, the questions didn't seem to matter.  The dark energy that the panther had been sensing, amidst a host of other things, was coming back and literally seething along the shadows.  Every dark patch seemed to have motion; every shaft of light seemed to be dimming and short-lived.  Her ring was glaring to the utmost, illuminating the attic in a stifling emerald glow.  Every cobweb and damp piece of mold were shining like diamonds...but it was all far from beautiful.

"Calm yourself," Aisha replied to the girl's urging.  The room was all too close now, and seemed to be shelling them into the tight space.  This was no place for her favored weapon...for the boomerang was much more dangerous as a ranged weapon.  This would take a closer power.  Reaching way into her cloak, sheathed into a portion of her belt, the jaguar pulled a narrow-bladed sword with a rough hilt hewn of dragon-skin, a great defense against magic.  The shining edge gleamed, ready to be used.

...Fearing the cold and merciless film from this dark creature, whatever it was, Aisha was however wise to the idea of finding out what they were dealing with first.  "Could this thing follow us downstairs?  If it could go out of the attic, would it have done so by now?  Perhaps all we need to do is stall until we can get the girl out of here...we might have answers then..."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

( ooc in all truth I'm never sure who's doing what. my poor character is still trying to hold his identity stands with past personas have been popping up ever since he bear his all showing his true form a orb of living (universe colored) energy a few pages back. i like the current plot and i'm just happy to try to keep up.)

a dark portal opens and out stumble e muttering " i hate these things" as his darker side lapse into silence. He and Erebus part of on being again. he can't  be sure where he is or were he's heading merely that Erebus said this portal would take him to his friends. he taps his chest plate to insure that he is still armored. he turns around and sees the four figures and as well as she huge doors. E groans "what now" he taps his chest. "hey dark boy i need another sword." he looks at the doors again  he is so concerned with what is going on  here dose not notice how the darkness is retreating form him as he walking. " that and some advice if i'm supposed to be a new dark god with all you powers and my own it would be helpful if i knew how to use them" e's tapping hand enters his chest and he pulls out a black sword. he knows it's name is mourn blade twin to stormbringer and that it will control the unwary. "now way I'll let you control me mourn." He looks and approaches the group of while her only recognizes one of. Blade held down and away he approaches Karl. " sorry to intuit but what is going on here and where did the holder of the light of arrogance go?"

Boog

(OOC: I don't know too much about this particular thread, but the beginning said to just post, yes?)

Entering new place. What do I see?

A lot of random. Yeesh, phasing in is like trying to wade through taffy, not even reality's sure what it is anymore.

A plot. Recent, but strong and made by an intellectual who considers himself one. Bending others around it. Such plots need watching. Best remain outside until I'm certain I can avoid control.

Heroes. A few of them.

Villains, probably introduced with the plot. Lucky heroes, they have something to do.

Pizza.

Standard procedure, then. Lurk, observe, figure out how this place works and see where I can find a gap to insert myself in.

A tall, thin entity with a black fishing hat and a tweed overcoat that's seen better days sits down near the abandoned pizza. If people notice him at all, they'll probably be confused by parts of him fading in and out of existance. He reaches for the otherwise forgotten food.

Mmmm, pizza. Daily supply of grease for a growing boy.

Stygian

((OOC: Grease is a blasphemy! Bow down to the rye, the sushi and the tea! Crawl before the might of the martial arts and rigorous training regimen! Bow, you lardy pile, and plead for mercy!
   That's speaking my mind. Now for the official version. *clears throat* Okay, here we go; "Isn't that terribly unhealthy, friend?"))

The doors of the wardrobe rattled again, but not very strongly. It was as if what was in there was trying to shake loose, but not doing a very good job of it. And it wasn't that terribly stealthy either, Aisha realized. With the dark aura somehow disturbed by E's arrival, she began wondering.
   Then the darkness loomed in again, this time stronger, and the whole wardrobe shook, a seemingly hissing noise rising from within. The girl gave a short cry and started weeping again, pulling fervently at Gareeku though all her effort barely managed to move his arm.
   "Please! I didn't see it! It just came out of nowhere! I saw clothes as well. They were bloody! It's going to eat us! Please!"
   But Aisha was not so sure. The lapse of light had been brief, and this darkness seemed unpredictable and strong, even beyond regular magic, so it was hard to determine. But this close she was all but certain. The dark aura was close, but it was not coming from the wardrobe, though what they were up against tried to make it seem like it.

Mel Dragonkitty

The white feline reappears in the kitchen. "Admiral, I'm back and I brought cookies to go with the pizza."  She notices the new participant and holds out the plate of cookies to him. "Hi. Have a cookie. Is everyone still playing hide and seek?"

(ooc: Hi Stygian. My character is a dragon using illusion magic to appear as a feline. Her clan are information brokers and her main purpose is to observe and gather any information that the clan might be able to sell later. She is a fairly powerful magic user but doesn't tend to join in because it conflicts with her role as an observer. She will give out information if she thinks it will help her get more information later so feel free to take her over if you need her to be plot convenient.  :) )
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Gareeku

Frowning, Gareeku was about ask Karl to take the girl downstairs when he too felt that something was wrong, that the situation was not all it seemed...his experience with the darkness and magic told him this much...looking round at the girl, Gareeku held the grim look on his face.
"The darkness is not coming from the closet...tell me girl, what exactly is going on?!" he demanded, sensing that she may be hiding something....

Boog

Good pizza. Needs bacon though. That's what I get for mooching other people's pizza. Waitaminute....

Aforementioned entity stood up, still stuffing pizza into his mouth like a snake working its jaws around some rather unfortunate squeakey thing. Grabbing another slice in his other hand, he headed toward the stairs.

Noise. Lots of it. Upstairs. That plot. Gotta get a good look at that. Yet more observation to do. Good thing I like attics.

Taking stairs two at a time, the creature reached the point where the others were dealing with the distraught girl and some rather active furniture. Silently ducking into a nearby shadow where he would hopefully not be noticed, the strange individual sat down to enjoy his meal and watch the show.

Someone's using something similar to my tactics. Interesting. Webbing everywhere, enraged wardrobes, heroes, damsels in distress, pizza... Very interesting indeed.

And so he sat down and watched...

Stygian

The girl hunched down, turning her eyes to the floor, and very nearly silenced under Gareeku's stare. A slight whimper escaped from behind her closed lips. She pulled one hand close, the other almost letting go of his arm. Her voice was low, more pleading than ever.
   "I don't know. I just want to leave... please." Hesitantly, she faced up at Gareeku. She looked like a frightened kitten. But even though fear was all across her face, for just a moment, so quick it might have been imagination, her eyes were not wet and dark and scared, but all but unreadable. It might have been that light just passed over her face, but it was almost like something behind her eyes... gleamed.
   "Please?"

Lurking in the shadows, the entity stopped munching his pizza for just a brief moment, a frown across his face.

Oh. That was interesting. Did they just see that?

Right then, he seemed to hear something. It was not a sound, but more like a wave, a trace of thought coming from the shadows beyond shadows, distorted and dark but still somewhat recognizable.
   "Leave... You are becoming irritating..."

((OOC: Glad to know you, Mel. My character is an evil entity from beyond reality. He is currently new to this world and trying to get to know it so he can establish a circle of influence and power basis. His goal is to find something in this world he beleives belongs to him. Have a hallucinogenic brownie.))

Boog

Telepathy. How... Melodramatic. So many villains have some varient of telepathy. The entity scarfed down the rest of his slice of pizza and got started on the second one, while broadcasting to anyone who can listen on that wavelength I can't leave. I'm not here yet. Not all of me, anyway. It can't find out how it's supposed to fit. Maybe after I get here I'll leave. In the meantime, this is rather interesting to watch.

((ooc: And my character is best described as a free-floating pattern of thoughts. I'll have one of those brownies, toss 'em here.))

Stygian

A confused reply came from the darkness.
   "You are... alive? We noticed you when you came, but We took you for... something else. What are you? We can't feel you the same way we can these... tieren."

Gareeku

As the girl begged, Gareeku was overcame wih a deep sympathy.
What am I doing...this girl's been through hell and back... Gareeku thought to himself. It was then, however, that he saw it...the look in her eyes, only for a split second...
"...No. We're staying here. I want to get to the bottom of this NOW!" Gareeku demanded in a shout.