Halloween Costumes

Started by Rakala, October 16, 2008, 02:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Okay, I've gotta know what everybody is going as for halloween. I'm going to wear a brown robe, flip flops, and a hand woven basket on my head and go as a monk. I always dress up whether I go out or stay in and pass out candy.

Lady Buggery

I may just have to be a sexy ladybug again this year :( I have no money to spare for a new costume, I totally wanted to be a night elf druid this year...though if they had a female troll set, I'd so do that instead :3 FOR THE HORDE!

Rakala

Half the fun I think is making your own costume. That's why I hate it when those pamphlets full of costumes for order come in the mail. I'm also not looking forward to all the terrible Joker costumes that are going to be going around this year.

Jairus

I can't remember the last time I dressed up in a costume for Halloween. It's just not one of the holidays that does anything for me. I usually end up staying home instead of going out.

But I did prefer making my own costumes, or at least having my mom (who has worked as a costumer for a lot of shows) help me out. Okay, so she always made my costume, but you get the point.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Alondro

I wanted to be Ulquiorra Schiffer. 

But I have neither the time nor the money to make/buy what I need for the costume.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll be wearing clothes.

And working.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

I'll be dancing in my front yard,  wearing only body glitter...

I'm gonna be a fairy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on October 16, 2008, 03:00:14 PM
I'll be dancing in my front yard,  wearing only body glitter...

I'm gonna be a fairy

... but what are you going to be for Halloween? ;-]

(sorry, it was just open for the joke. *hugs*)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Myxini

i'm probably going to wear a kimono for work, like I did last year (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/myxinidae/sewing%20and%20costume/sleeve.gif) Last year was a 1970's Tsukekage and Fukuro obi, this year I think i'll wear a 1930's Komon and Hanhaba obi.

On the topic of WoW costumes, the year before last I dressed as my main character, an Undead rogue (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/myxinidae/sewing%20and%20costume/stare.jpg).  Sadly, I don't work with enough geeks, so I was 'some kinda zombie' to them. :<

rabid_fox

I want to go as JD from Scrubs, but I'll just stay inside and be drunk a lot instead. So...Dr. Cox.

Oh dear.

Rakala

Share any interesting things you might experience while you're drunk afterwards.

Kenji

If I could find my Duo Maxwell costume, I'd go as that for Halloween.
However, aside from that, right now I'm working on a Night Elf costume.

rabid_fox

I could do that tonight. Or any given night. It's not what anyone would call a new and exciting experience, the whole 'Dermy's Drunk' situation. In fact, I've heard a Gossip Monkey swinging on the branches of a Rumour Tree saying that it was old news and I needed a new, less self-destructive gimmick.

Oh dear.

Janus Whitefurr

<Australia> What is this "Halloween"? Is it a food? Can I eat it? </Australia>

Yeah, we don't do the costuming or trick-or-treating down here. Never have. We're actually prone to turning out the lights and pretending we're not home for the one or two groups of kids who think we do. We're mean. :D
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jairus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 16, 2008, 04:04:57 PM

Yeah, we don't do the costuming or trick-or-treating down here. Never have. We're actually prone to turning out the lights and pretending we're not home for the one or two groups of kids who think we do. We're mean. :D
*applauds*

Awesome, dude. Totally awesome.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ryudo Lee

I was considering the old standby... hockey mask, old dingy clothes, and a chainsaw to meet the kids at the door.

But then I remembered... there are no kids in my neighborhood anymore.  :<

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Aisha deCabre

We don't have costumes around the house anymore...actually there's an old Scream mask that glows in the dark that's up in my closet, belonging to my brother.  Why he keeps it there, I have no idea. x3

I would like to find my vampire costume, or at least the cape.  It was black and red, and I could turn it to the red side, like my fursona's. x3

I guess it's just the roleplayer in me, that always liked to dress up for Halloween.   :3  I'm far too old for trick-or-treating, and for some reason we never buy candy, so we just make like we're not home if kids come wandering around.  Which they never do.  It's a very small neighborhood we live in.

Still rather fun to see what kinds of things kids do come up with.  Last year while driving around we came across a kid with a fat suit.  Just a fat suit.   :erk
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

thegayhare

I am thinking of straping on my cyborg arm and walking down to the story on halloween.  just for fun

I remember one time I was going to a glbt halloween dance.  I wanted to do an orc.  I made up a great costume gray furred tunic sort of thing, with a big spikey shoulder pad, home made leather helmet, and a sheild mage from leather streched over a dart board, with hammered pie plate for the central bos.  I even jammed a few arrow shafts into it for fun. 

anyway I wanted to paint my skin up green but while I was getting ready I realised I didn't have enough green paint.  I figured if I mix in som blue I'll get a blueish green that still worked.  well I needed more blue then I realy wanted and ended up more blue then green.  It was alot of fun walking into stores painted up.  Man the looks I got.  and that was while I still had my street clothes on

Lysander

Seeing a working cyborg arm would be very cool.

I usually dress in some sort of reaper costume, different each year, but this time I'm going for something different, necromancer. I have an awesome crushed velvet, dark forest green cloak, the perfect pants, and temporary black hair dye. I tried for a while to find a decent black fishnet or compression shirt for to go along with but no luck there.

I don't know if I'll be doing anything for halloween, but if threr is a chance I'll be ready. If no I still plan to walk around for a while. I'm probably too old for trick-or-treating but if my friends are willing to go I'm there.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Don

My plan was to dress up as a black panther, but now my plan is to dress up as a black panther with a broken knuckle and a half cast. Good thing I got my lil costume parts made before yesterday.

Valynth

I plan on going as the 20 year old virgin.  I'll save a fortune in costuming bills.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Auragonian

I plan on going as a lawyer with a battle axe!
I already got a plastic Wal-mart Axe and a black skirt All I need  now is a black suit jacket and I'll be good!

Zina

I need to find something simple that I can easily make. There's very little costumes around here, and they're all for kids.

I'm toying with the idea of going as Sadako, if I can find a white dress that will fit me.

Sunblink

The Medic. From Team Fortress 2. :3

ShadesFox

A Computer Science teacher.  Instead of candy I hand out Fs and homework.
The All Purpose Fox

Damaris

I need to come up with a politically incorrect costume that works on a girl of certain stature (since I'm not exactly skinny- otherwise I'd do Amy Winehouse)

help?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 16, 2008, 04:04:57 PM

<brasil>neither do we. only kids do anything on halloween, and it's just private parties intead of trick||treat.
another difference is that only horror-themed costumes are worn on halloween, random-themed costumes are for carnival</brasil>
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

I am myself for halloween..

Brunhidden

the family was going to do a theme costume, we were all going to be hobos

however due to practicality we decided not to go to a Halloween party and instead clean the garage

eowyn however will still trick or treat, she has asked to re-use last years pirate costume and were hitting a different section in town so nobody notices
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Valynth

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 19, 2008, 02:36:59 PM
random-themed costumes are for carnival</brasil>

So essentially the other 364 days then?  *rimshot*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)