09/24/08 [DMFA #938] - The sign says 'No Solicitors'

Started by Jairus, September 23, 2008, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Quote from: Zedd on September 24, 2008, 02:28:27 AM
Watch for the last step, It's a loo-loo!

This is why I would knock on the door with rocks...

I threw a rock at a doorbell in an RP once. It was rather high up (like a for a giant). If I recall, it didn't end well.

AmigaDragon

Why would Fi wish that gravity wasn't optional for them? It's a way to avoid the effects of traps like this. If s/he wants to, it's easy enough to follow Dan down the hole to see what's going on.

I wonder if the hole is even more than being-deep (5-6 feet), maybe not a completed trap.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Next time, get the warp-aci to press the doorbell.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lowde

I wonder if Dan will remember that Fi can warp him out of the pit...

Zedd

I bet you Dan is holding onto the inside of the trapdoor....

mopman

Hmmm interesting notice on the side bar

"YE HAVE BEEN WARNED!"

Ok who spiked Ambers coffee?

Seriously though I think I like her work best when she goes a little kookoo  :boogie

" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Tycoon

At this point, I'm starting to think that is just a ruse that Dee is using to get her son out of harm's way. Perhaps a more clever version of this, since Dan just can't resist the temptation of fighting Dark Pegasus.

Jairus

Quote from: Tycoon on September 24, 2008, 05:35:59 PM
At this point, I'm starting to think that is just a ruse that Dee is using to get her son out of harm's way. Perhaps a more clever version of this, since Dan just can't resist the temptation of fighting Dark Pegasus.
That could mean something big is about to go down...

Oh boy.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

...-after reading the horse eating dragon line, immediately imagined a little chibi dark pegasus gnawing on a dragon's leg, unable to get through the scales, and the dragon just looking down and saying "You feeling all right, buddy?"-

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

!KCA

Is the. . .wherever the trap door leads to warded against magic in a way that might interfere with Fi's teleportation ability? Is it set up in a way that would prevent Dan from getting out by, say, shapeshifting his wings and climbing out? Would Dan actually think of any of this?

Seriously, though, this is like the exact kind of trap you would not use against a feline cubi with a warp-aci.

DarkAudit

Quote from: !KCA on September 25, 2008, 04:29:18 AM
Is the. . .wherever the trap door leads to warded against magic in a way that might interfere with Fi's teleportation ability? Is it set up in a way that would prevent Dan from getting out by, say, shapeshifting his wings and climbing out? Would Dan actually think of any of this?

Seriously, though, this is like the exact kind of trap you would not use against a feline cubi with a warp-aci.

Is it meant to be a trap, or merely to annoy?

For all we know the fall ends in a portal that drops him back on the front lawn with a nice-sounding THUD! :mwaha

We're entering Looney Tunes territory, folks. just enjoy the ride.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Ragesquid

I would have never given any thought to anything brought up here..I would've just patiently waited for the next comic. Now that so many theories have been posted..my curiosity is arroused. >_>

YOU PEOPLE ARE MEAN. D:

Har. Also..the first thing I thought of, when Fi mentioned that statue, was that red dragon....

Lego3400

Or Dan could just fly out. Amber has said that he was lying in the flashback where he said he couldn't fly. 

AmigaDragon

Flying out (using wings) would require the hole to be wide enough for him to spread them. If Dan flies (rather than just glide), does he have the wing strength for a vertical take-off (even if only a few feet)?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 26, 2008, 12:29:18 PM
Flying out (using wings) would require the hole to be wide enough for him to spread them. If Dan flies (rather than just glide), does he have the wing strength for a vertical take-off (even if only a few feet)?

At the risk of overanalysing, a woodpigeon is IIRC about as big as a bird can get and still do a full vertical takeoff.  Bigger than that, and you have to do some kind of taxiing to get airborne.

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's the possibility that he can't take off vertically, as Tapewolf says...

... but can jump higher than you'd expect your average biped to do, purely through using the weight and/or surface area of his wings to throw himself upwards.

Just a thought.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 26, 2008, 12:40:49 PM

At the risk of overanalysing, a woodpigeon is IIRC about as big as a bird can get and still do a full vertical takeoff.  Bigger than that, and you have to do some kind of taxiing to get airborne.

Does your brain hurt?

It should.

Dagardo

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 26, 2008, 09:29:44 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 26, 2008, 12:40:49 PM

Does your brain hurt?

It should.

My brain hurts just thinking about thinking about that.

Tapewolf

Does your brain hurt?  It should.
Not really.  Absorbing useless knowledge is something it is very good at.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2008, 04:54:26 AM
Does your brain hurt?  It should.
Not really.  Absorbing useless knowledge is something it is very good at.

But god help you if it's time to cram for an exam?

Yaaaah, I know that feeling.  :mowhappy

Alterationartist

Is it just me, or does Dan seem to be proceeding with less caution than usual up to this point? Wearing a T-shirt, ringing the doorbell, almost acting like he's going through the motions. Anyone else?
Round 9!