Which species from dmfa would you like to be?

Started by silentassassin, July 22, 2008, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alterationartist

Quote from: Rakala on September 16, 2008, 10:10:49 AM
All I know is I would have wings.... and I would find a jet engine.

Ginormous dragons wouldn't have that problem!

Quote from: Dracora on September 16, 2008, 06:46:14 PM
I would so be a Dragon. Rawr!

See! This one gets it!
Round 9!

bark_bark_boom

i had the idea of being a type A gryphon... but i realized i also wanted to be a dragon... what to do?! aha! Triple B's got the solution, a type A Dryphon... a strange combination, don't you think?

silentassassin

Good lord my topic is still going! Also, so I don't get called out for not sticking to topic. Yes, a dryphon would be quite interesting.

bark_bark_boom

you're soooo right! it's so good i can't even imagine how does it look!

Sunblink

Quote from: bark_bark_boom on September 26, 2008, 08:00:42 PM

Actually, I was pretty disappointed to hear that Gryphons apparently can't produce hybrid children with Dragons, because I do agree that a Dragon/Gryphon child would be amazingly awesome >:3

Jairus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 26, 2008, 08:34:52 PM
Quote from: bark_bark_boom on September 26, 2008, 08:00:42 PM

Actually, I was pretty disappointed to hear that Gryphons apparently can't produce hybrid children with Dragons, because I do agree that a Dragon/Gryphon child would be amazingly awesome >:3
I envision a dragon with feathered wings, sort of like this...
For those who are fortunate enough not to know, that's Saphira from the movie version of Eragon. A dragon with feathers on its wings.

I can actually envision a Dragon/Gryphon hybrid... and I'm not good enough to draw it. Curses!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jairus on September 26, 2008, 08:38:38 PM
For those who are fortunate enough not to know, that's Saphira from the movie version of Eragon. A dragon with feathers on its wings.
They put feathers on Saphira in the movie?!?

...I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering what else I've heard. I'm so glad I never watched it.

Love the books though. Getting started on the new one soon ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 26, 2008, 09:10:58 PM

There's a new one? What's it called?

I mean, I read the first two, and frankly, while they're ok, they're nothing to write home about. I hate leaving a story half-finished, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 27, 2008, 05:12:00 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 26, 2008, 09:10:58 PM

There's a new one? What's it called?
Brisingr. Or something like that.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 27, 2008, 05:12:00 AM
I mean, I read the first two, and frankly, while they're ok, they're nothing to write home about. I hate leaving a story half-finished, though.
Literally half-finished... it is in four parts now, I think. I don't follow it, so I'm not sure. Let's see, off the top of my head: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Empire. I think that's it.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

bark_bark_boom

i might upload a page of what i think is a Dryphon today or tomorrow

ShiningShadow

I would be a male Demoncow to sweep Lorenda off her hoves  >:3 That's who i will be.

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

silentassassin

Hmmmmm I'm gonna change what I wanna be. I wanna be a warp aci. Sure I'll be a slave to a cubi but gravity will no longer mock me. I willbe able to accomplish my one goal in life, to eat pudding while floating.

Maz_Koala

I'd be a Koala! So, being. Unless you can be a cubi Koala... I'd definitely be that. Being able to haunt other's dreams and shape-shift... Just damn awsum.

Tapewolf

Quote from: 'Oala on September 30, 2008, 05:14:18 AM
I'd be a Koala! So, being. Unless you can be a cubi Koala... I'd definitely be that. Being able to haunt other's dreams and shape-shift... Just damn awsum.
It looks like 'Cubi can be anything that a Being can be.  For example, if you have a Being-Cubi pairing, if the child is born a 'Cubi, they will take the appearance of the Being.  A Koala 'Cubi would certainly be possible.  Even if it wasn't, for some strange reason, you could surely assume a Koala form if you so wished.

To be honest, dreamsurfing and to some extent shapeshifting are just cool bonuses where I'm concerned... the lifespan and the fact that eating and sleeping are optional is what I'd sign up for, if I could :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Slowtini

Quote from: silentassassin on September 29, 2008, 09:10:10 PM
Hmmmmm I'm gonna change what I wanna be. I wanna be a warp aci. Sure I'll be a slave to a cubi but gravity will no longer mock me. I willbe able to accomplish my one goal in life, to eat pudding while floating.

But the pudding would still be affected by gravity, so you'd kind of end up on the ground anyway.

I WANNA BE A FAE.
Just because, I wanna know the secrets of the universe... >:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 07:33:24 AM
I WANNA BE A FAE.
They're probably very disappointing.  That, and you don't get a real soul... I'd pass on it myself.

Slowtini

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2008, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 07:33:24 AM
I WANNA BE A FAE.
They're probably very disappointing.  That, and you don't get a real soul... I'd pass on it myself.
You kidding? Super-awesome magic powers, the ability to reshape the world around you, a practically infinite lifespan...

Though the lack of a real soul is kind of disappointing.

But think of the fun you could have! D:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 04:55:07 PM
You kidding? Super-awesome magic powers, the ability to reshape the world around you, a practically infinite lifespan...
To be honest, I think it's a little OTT.  A lot of the good things which I've done, in games, programming and life in general, happen because I run into limits - which gives me a drive to break or circumvent them.  If there are no limits, you don't have much in the way of goals.
I still think the 'Cubi skill/ability set is the one which gives you tremendous scope to play with, while still having enough limits in place to make things interesting.
Failing that, I'd probably make an interesting Demon.

Slowtini

Yet one of your characters managed to abolish the law of gravity.

Lady Buggery

I'm not really sure actually. I need to re-read everything to get a handle on all the races. But I'm one of those silly people who make up their own Mary-Sueish race and character. At least I'm honest xD Why are you all looking at me like that? Put that turkey baster down!! I don't taste like chicken, honest  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 05:11:50 PM
This is true, but the question as asked is "Which species would you like to be?".  Creating a minor character of that power level is one thing - making your own personal avatar that powerful is, IMHO quite different.  I wouldn't even want to RP as him, let alone be him.

Making him become that powerful was not a design decision I took lightly.  From a writing point of view, he needs an awful lot of quirks to prevent him from becoming an unstoppable Deus Ex Machina, and an awful lot of soul-searching and running the idea past other people took place before I committed myself to it, and occasionally I still regret doing it.

Slowtini

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2008, 05:25:42 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 05:11:50 PM
This is true, but the question as asked is "Which species would you like to be?".  Creating a minor character of that power level is one thing - making your own personal avatar that powerful is, IMHO quite different.  I wouldn't even want to RP as him, let alone be him.

Making him become that powerful was not a design decision I took lightly.  From a writing point of view, he needs an awful lot of quirks to prevent him from becoming an unstoppable Deus Ex Machina, and an awful lot of soul-searching and running the idea past other people took place before I committed myself to it, and occasionally I still regret doing it.
Nonetheless, Daryil is a rather amusing character, in a rather amazing storyline.
Not going to lie, even with YEARS of practice coming up with stories, plots, and other various things, I wouldn't be able to come up with something like that, ever.

Have you ever thought of writing a book?
-----
ONTOPIC: I'd probably end up crazy-awesome, like Daryil.
As a Fae, I know I'd use my powers to cheat at game shows. I'd probably end up a minor player in the grand scheme of things, but I'd enjoy life while it lasted. ^^

Besides, Their wings are awesome o-o

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slowtini on October 02, 2008, 05:31:02 PM
Have you ever thought of writing a book?
Not as such.  With the possible exception of the music, I've always been better at modifying existing ideas (often beyond recognition) than creating my own from scratch.