Right Hand.
1 (4.2%)
Left Hand.
3 (12.5%)
Right Foot.
0 (0%)
Left Foot.
2 (8.3%)
Right Limb (this is either your leg or arm, but not foot or hand).
2 (8.3%)
Left Limb (Same as Right).
1 (4.2%)
Noggin.
3 (12.5%)
Others.
3 (12.5%)
Your pride.
9 (37.5%)
Torso.
0 (0%)
Back.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 01, 2008, 02:01:05 AM

Jer-oh-me

Hey guys,

I'm here typing with nine digits today cause I managed to pinch my right little finger in a tool today replacing the hubs on my Saturn Ion. So far I've got one down. I had to stop when I pinched the finger and started bleeding. Bloodstream and automotive grease, not a good combination.

Anyway, this got me thinking, "What part of the body do most people injure frequently?" despite my right hand getting hurt in a bicycle collision two days ago, and the tool pinching finger thing today, I tend to be much rougher on my left hand which bears many scars from many mistakes.

So, what do you guys say? How do you tend to hurt yourself?

P.S. Yeah. I hurt myself a lot.

Jairus

Left ankle. It's my bad one, and I used to roll it (imagine twisting your ankle, only about three times worse) about once a month. I've gotten a lot better at not rolling it since I started losing weight, though.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

Pride.  Definitely.  There have been a few times when I thought I knew something but was called out about being wrong...  It hurts.

Brunhidden

I work in a factory that makes the blades for combine harvesters and grain threshers

just about all of my fingers are in a constant rotation of bandages

but its better then what happened in my past jobs- i nearly lost both index fingers by being crushed, nearly lost my left foot in a wile coyote style heavy metal object falling from the ceiling, and of course my left eye has taken a physical and chemical beating

this is why i want to join the navy, its safer there
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Aisha deCabre

Injuries?  Huh...I guess my pride would be up there sometimes.  I try to think before I say something, but I've been told just recently that I do blab things without thinking.  And I had to hear it from my brother, who says my mom says so, but to not tell me.

There's nothing that irks me more than things being told behind my back.  Even more so when I have to hear it from someone else.

As for physical injuries...I don't get hurt that often, but I guess it would be my left foot more recently.  Ingrown toenail once, plus always knocking it into something.  Most coordinated person on Earth, I ain't.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

My left arm. Easily. Rusty nails through my shoulder and permanent nerve damage, scars from cuts and fingernails and a stab wound, dislocated shoulder quite a few times and a crushed and bruised elbow, spraining, broken bones... Not that it's not in line with the rest of my body. It's just been a bit more exposed.

Mao

10 years ago I would have said my right shoulder (soo many sports injuries there) but thankfully now that I'm a little bit older, it's only my pride that gets hurt.  Though when I crashed my bike this summer, it was of course on my right side and thus my shoulder once again.  Good thing I'm a lefty.

Valynth

For the most part, when I get hurt, I don't notice it until I see a section of my skin that's bleeding or bruised.

In terms of pain on the other hand, all my joints and much of my skeletal structure are starting to give me a constant dull ache, but I don't have anything to attribute that to outside of having work just before I head off to college and spending much of the night unwinding from those or doing school work.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

rabid_fox

I have spondololythesis so...back.

Oh dear.

Jim Halisstrad

Others, because sometimes words can hurt too.
That and tears make the best sensual oil.
:bigsword

Suwako

Words can hurt a lot more.
However I hurt my left hand so many times a week that keep getting double digits.

Sunblink

Everything, but I guess predominantly my pride.

I've never had anything broken before, but these stories are amusing because they demonstrate my pitiful intolerance when it comes to pain. :3 There are probably many more instances of accidental injury stored away in my brain, but I can't seem to recall them all. Here's what I remember.

- Slipped, fell, slammed into a very large picture frame resting on a slant against my wall (it wasn't hung up). It tipped over and fell against my side. This was recently, I think.
- Rolled down the stairs when I was a child. No lasting injuries, aside from my prepubescent pride.
- Split my chin open when I slipped in some water on our house's patio. I had to get stitches. I can't remember how many. I have a small scar on my chin from the incident that's really only apparent when I make a face.
- Was beaned in the head by a volleyball when I was swimming in a public pool. My friend from childhood, Josh, was watching - he wouldn't stop calling me "Tidus." :c Points to anyone who gets the reference.
- Fell while I was running in a marathon during P.E. class and skinned my knee open. I found a stick on the side of the road and used it as a cane so I could limp back to the school. This was the first time I said the word "fuck."
- Accidentally slammed my foot against the edge of my bed (I was walking inside my room and not really paying attention; I am an idiot). Could barely walk afterwards. I was practically dragging myself to the refrigerator so I could get a bag of frozen peas to serve as a makeshift icepack.
- Swallowed a nickel. Yes, I mean the actual coin. I was a very curious and very stupid four-year-old.

Moral of the story: Keaton is a klutz. :U

Yugo

Always hitting my head on stuff. Cupboards, corners of walls, trees, you name it. Probably why I'm so darned crazy. I'll learn one day though.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Turnsky

ankles, arms.. legs.. but right now?

more often than not, migraines.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

My current pain is in my knee but alot times it's been my skull

Janus Whitefurr

Years of prancing around in a digitigrade fashion despite my family's best efforts to stop it have left my toes in somewhat a peculiar state. If they happen to seize up for any reason - cold, a slight bend in the wrong direction - they like to ache like whoa. But the moments are few and far between.

I still skip about on my toes, though. At least when barefoot. Some people never learn.  :B
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Distracting

Quite honestly, the places I hurt myself most are my head and feet. I walk into door frames (yes, the frames. Not the doors or the walls, but the frames), and for some reason, last night I thought it would be a good idea to walk barefoot outside...where there's a lot of broken glass.

I generally don't hurt myself much, but when I do, it's fun for me.

Brunhidden

lately my bad eye has been oozing some kind of yellow goo, its irritating, it baffles me, and it makes me more effectively blind then before which is saying a lot

if anyone has a clue what that is or how it can be treated, please make the freaky shit stop

Valynth

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 01, 2008, 03:12:54 AM
lately my bad eye has been oozing some kind of yellow goo, its irritating, it baffles me, and it makes me more effectively blind then before which is saying a lot

if anyone has a clue what that is or how it can be treated, please make the freaky shit stop

Pink-eye meds?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 01, 2008, 03:12:54 AMlately my bad eye has been oozing some kind of yellow goo, its irritating, it baffles me, and it makes me more effectively blind then before which is saying a lot

The only thing that I know that involves yellow and the eye is jaundice.  You might want to have some tests done.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 31, 2008, 10:12:01 PM
Years of prancing around in a digitigrade fashion despite my family's best efforts to stop it have left my toes in somewhat a peculiar state. If they happen to seize up for any reason - cold, a slight bend in the wrong direction - they like to ache like whoa. But the moments are few and far between.

I still skip about on my toes, though. At least when barefoot. Some people never learn.  :B

Heh, that's how I run, barely ever putting my whole foot down. I run a lot, if I'm not on my bicycle or constrained by a group I'm with I will run a lot.

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 01, 2008, 03:12:54 AM

Yikes, that sort of thing makes me want to suggest seeking out a free clinic considering the current situation you're in financially. I'm sorry to hear about that mate, wish there was a doctor in our ranks.

superluser

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on September 01, 2008, 05:32:52 AMwish there was a doctor in our ranks.

My brother's a doctor, but doctors tend not to give advice to people they've never met.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: superluser on September 01, 2008, 05:54:52 AM
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on September 01, 2008, 05:32:52 AMwish there was a doctor in our ranks.

My brother's a doctor, but doctors tend not to give advice to people they've never met.

Probably has something to do with the Hippocratic Oath.

Turnsky

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on September 01, 2008, 06:09:25 AM

and professionalism... that's the reason why doctors have to see you, they don't do exams over the phone or internet.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 06:20:09 AM
and professionalism... that's the reason why doctors have to see you, they don't do exams over the phone or internet.
When I sprained my ankle a few years ago, they may as well have done.  They just used an expert system.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 06:20:09 AM
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on September 01, 2008, 06:09:25 AM

Quote from: Dr. House
Oh great, I can't get cable, but I get the South Pole in HD.

Not that sets any sort of precedent. But tele-medicine isn't all that uncommon, or at least is in some state of R&D.

Lysander

I'd go with my noggin. Even in places that have ceilings and door frams far above my head I still manage to ram into something.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

superluser

Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 06:20:09 AMand professionalism... that's the reason why doctors have to see you, they don't do exams over the phone or internet.

Partly.  I think the larger issue is that they need to be familiar with your medical history.  If you call a doctor who is unfamiliar with your history and tell her that you have a pain in your right leg,  but neglect to mention that it is phantom limb pain, she might give you bad advice and leave herself open to a malpractice suit.

But if she's already familiar with your case, she might be able to give that advice over the phone.

Rakala

I get Charlie Horses' in my left leg all the time. It sucks.

Brunhidden

the members of this forum need to wear padded suits and football helmets.

in the case of keaton, possibly full scale armor with extra padding