08/01/08 [DMFA #928] - tough question

Started by silentassassin, August 01, 2008, 06:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentassassin

Yeah but when the cubi doc gave dan his tests he said he got energy from adrenaline not pain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: silentassassin on August 02, 2008, 09:27:19 AM
Yeah but when the cubi doc gave dan his tests he said he got energy from adrenaline not pain.
If you're talking about 528, you might want to go over that again.  Dan's clan has an affinity for pain, which he shares since he is a clan member.  But more specifically to himself, Dan also gets a kick out of justice and what you neatly sum up as 'adrenaline'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2008, 08:12:37 PM
Quote from: Jacob Darkk on August 01, 2008, 06:48:54 PM
I look at todays strip and i can't help but think Dan should have replied, "No I died, I'm actually an Undead Cubi"  and the title for this comic should have been  'Here's your sign.'

If you don't understand what i mean, watch Blue Collar Comedy Tour: the Movie

"Is that ya'll's piano?"
"No, that's our coffee table, it just has buck teeth."

Hm... I don't know if Cubi can become undead. I don't think they can... anyone else know?

Shamelessness:

Tapewolf

Would he look like that, though?  I mean, he could shapeshift himself whole...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

lihua

Indeed.  That look would be good for intimidation purposes, though.  Cubi are tough enough as is.  One that can't be killed without a good blow to the head... well, that's pretty demoralizing.  But then again, maybe it's not that difficult...
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_284.php  ;)

So you don't think Dan owes his life to Wildy's great shamanic prowess? XD 

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 02, 2008, 12:44:47 PM
:shifty Mom says hello

Talonr

I don't know if he could be both undead and cubi, that might be too many templates used on his character. */geek* Seriously, though, Undead themselves count as their own race.  I get the feeling that maybe if something becomes an undead, whether they were a creature or being in the first place, that they return as just simply 'Undead' and don't really keep their original powers/abilities.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 02, 2008, 12:44:47 PM

To put that in perspective, there's nothing stopping a Cubi from shapeshifting into that sort of form, just to intimidate people.

... not that they really need it. After all, they can shapeshift into a member of the party and then start knifing people in the back. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DarkAudit

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 02:36:26 PM
Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 10:54:33 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
Only if you trust a dictionary edited by the person with the most free time...

Fine, if that's how you want it:

http://www.answers.com/topic/caliber
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/caliber
http://www.yourdictionary.com/caliber
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861594145/caliber.html

Hopefully one of those is acceptable to you. :)

Hmm. Let's see:
- Encarta, brought to you by the people who made the stable and reliable and usable.. windows98.
- Mirriam Webster  - the US dictionary. So.. any US-isms get free reign in there.
- answers.com, answers by the majority vote.. and we all know how I feel about the majority of huddled, stupid masses.
- likewise, yourdictionary,.com is a US site...

*cough*

Answers.com is a Wikipedia mirror.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Amber Williams

Actually, you would be suprised at just how much fire works against Undead as well. It may not kill them right away, but its pretty much a show-stopper in most fights.

That said, if a Cubi were to become Undead, they would lose about 90% of their shapeshifting ability if not all of it.  For all intents and purposes they would be losing the Cubi template and replacing it with an Undead one.

Kuari

I'm guessing the only way to stay powerful as an undead is to be a very powerful spellcaster, because I also remember you mentioning that dragons lose a bit of power if they go undead.

Amber Williams

Well really, going Undead tends to be a downgrade for most creature races.  There really isn't any "powerful" Undead that exist since the process tends to nerf a lot of powers and traits most races would normally have.  It's very likely DP planned it that way.  The Undead are only really effective in the sense of sheer numbers and resiliance.

Jairus

So beings are basically the only ones who can really benefit from becoming undead?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

The more I learn about the Undead, the more impressed I become with DP, to be honest. Anyone too weak to be used in a massive army (beings) gets upgraded, and anyone who could be a threat to him (angels, fellow demons, Cubi, dragons, etc.) gets downgraded. It's like being Undead is the ultimate equalizer... you're not dragon, Cubi, mythos, Being, Insectis, or whatever: you're just Undead.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

joshofspam

Mab said that undead could maintain themselves through magic and taxidermy. Does someone else do this for them. Does the magic method work for the living like say, changing color spots or or changing ones tail from brown and short to long, red, and fluffy.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the undead are among the best taxidermist's in the world. With all the practice some of them have to put up with just to maintain their bodies.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.