07/21/08 [DMFA #924] - Leaping into someones reach isnt always bright...

Started by Zedd, July 21, 2008, 03:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

I don't think I like Dark Pegasus anymore. :c

I don't like Dan much (he's one of my least favorite characters), but I'll be rooting for him.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

ibneko

Huh.  Wasn't Hannah missing a leg and... fluffy tail still?  Can the undead revive if they still have pieces left?  (heh, a wandering leg... wheee~ hop hop hop.)

techmaster-glitch

Mao

I didn't like him much to begin with.. but now I like him less.

DarkAudit

There's still the matter of the unresolved fight up above.

It's possible the noise stopped because there wasn't any property left to damage, not because the fight ended.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Quixotic

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 21, 2008, 09:11:55 AM
Quote from: icarus on July 21, 2008, 09:03:09 AM
her lack of wings likely means one can rule out angel.
Not necessarily.  Kria has a Creature->Being amulet, and indeed had one 375 years ago.  Patches may be new, but wing-hiding charms certainly aren't.

That said, Anna is most likely a mythos, IMHO.

I think it's actually confirmed in the last panel of this comic (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_915.php) That Anna is a mythos, since Fi refers to her as such.

Jairus

Quote from: DarkAudit on July 21, 2008, 04:12:51 PM
There's still the matter of the unresolved fight up above.

It's possible the noise stopped because there wasn't any property left to damage, not because the fight ended.

I sense a possible Deus Ex Machina distraction that will save Dan's life. And it will be funny, so we'll forgive Amber for using a DEM.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gareeku

Lucheek

Quote from: Quixotic on July 21, 2008, 04:15:44 PM
Not necessarily.  Kria has a Creature->Being amulet, and indeed had one 375 years ago.  Patches may be new, but wing-hiding charms certainly aren't.

I think it's actually confirmed in the last panel of this comic (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_915.php) That Anna is a mythos, since Fi refers to her as such.

She must be a race of the most being-like Mythos ever. I don't see anything about her that would make me think Mythos. D: I wonder if she's going to shift into some crazy monster form in her sadness.

rocket_red1

Quote from: demecowen on July 21, 2008, 10:52:53 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on July 21, 2008, 08:22:54 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble believing this story, Amber. This enemy Dan's facing may well be the exact polar opposite of the Dark Pegasus he fought before. He would never have behaved in a such a cliche and predictable fashion, nor been beaten so easily (hell, he could have blasted Dan with ranged magic once Dan took off the robe). Aside from appearance, the Dark Pegasus we've known has NOTHING in common with this guy you're showing us now. And I'm having serious trouble reconciling the two.

Well in most RPG- adventure game when the hero and villain first meet the villain was seemly unstoppable and the hero could do little beside getting his/her butt kick. While villain just treat the hero like they're worthless bugs that are little threat to them. After several encounter later the hero got stronger and defeat villain at the end of the game.

Such example would be FFVII Sephiroth and FXIX Kuja (you don't wanna how many time you played just to get your butt kicked)

So Amber is following the RPG rule of villain winning over the hero on their first encounter(s).

hmm... if she is following the rules of rpgs, then hannah can never come back.  too understand what I'm talking about read the grand list of console rpg cliches at http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html  yes, I relise the one that has been used so far is not on the list, but that does not remove how true they are.  ...Seriusly, these are all true!

AmigaDragon

Or perhaps Fi was referring to Shanna, since Hybrids #8 indicates dragon/mythos is one possible mix, and until the fight started, Dan merely hadn't identified her as a dragon yet. Most (of not all) mythos I've noticed so far in DMFA have more reptilian features (snake, lizard, whatever). I still say Anna is just a (odd colored) being. I'm sure cosmetic magic can account for the green coloring if it's not her natural color.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

rocket_red1

hmm... both arguements are convincing, but I think that she is mythos.  I don't have any proof, but this side has given more evidence, and it will help the story if it's true.

rocket_red1

...Huh? Mind explaining that??? Gerk... There goes the old brain now...
But I need tacos!  I need them or else I'll explode!  That hapens to me sometimes...

Talonr

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 21, 2008, 07:31:35 PM

Or perhaps Fi was referring to Shanna, since Hybrids #8 indicates dragon/mythos is one possible mix, and until the fight started, Dan merely hadn't identified her as a dragon yet. Most (of not all) mythos I've noticed so far in DMFA have more reptilian features (snake, lizard, whatever). I still say Anna is just a (odd colored) being. I'm sure cosmetic magic can account for the green coloring if it's not her natural color.

I rather doubt Fi was referring to Shanna, because Shanna would not have been "an unconcious mythos being hauled away" along with the crippled undead and Dan.   Since Pod Puppy was the only unconcious one being hauled off, it would seem safe to say that she's the mythos Fi is talking about.

That and I seem to recall in an earlier thread that Amber stated all three amazons were some sort of Creature.  :/

rocket_red1

Yeah, I was getting confused by thier argument... And now for something completely different!  :mowmeep :mowtongue :mowninja :mowcookie :mowninja :mowninja :kirby :kruger :mowsmile :mowmeep :mowmeep :U

Pagan

Dark Peg didn't really do anything awesome or spectactular in this strip, but that makes me love him no less. He still rocks in my book.

Maybe it'll be a Deus Ex, maybe Anna will throw herself into a kamakazi vengence, telling the maidenly Dan to run like hell, maybe Dan'll remember the 'kick them in the fork and run' strategy from adventuring school.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

rocket_red1

Or maybe DP will make a comment or something that really pisses Dan off, and Dan will realise "Dear god! I have a sword!" Meh. Had to make the joke eventually.

Sunblink

Quote from: rocket_red1 on July 21, 2008, 09:21:38 PM
Or maybe DP will make a comment or something that really pisses Dan off, and Dan will realise "Dear god! I have a sword!" Meh. Had to make the joke eventually.

I'm really waiting for the moment that Dark Pegasus realizes that Dan is a man.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jairus

Let's make wagers about his reaction. Initially, DP'll be slightly surprised, but he won't change his tactics any because he doesn't treat his enemies any different regardless of gender.

Shadowcatcher

I'm still waiting to see how Dan's memory flashback of DP saying "The succubus Destinia had a child?" fits into all this, as well as Regina -- http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_388.php

Wanderer

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on July 21, 2008, 10:07:58 PM
I'm still waiting to see how Dan's memory flashback of DP saying "The succubus Destinia had a child?" fits into all this, as well as Regina -- http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_388.php
Some of us have been waiting to see Regina for YEARS.

YEARS I say!

silentassassin

:curseyou
i can't belive i missed out on a chunk of this discussion and damn you dp

joshofspam

Quote from: ibneko on July 21, 2008, 03:17:00 PM
Huh.  Wasn't Hannah missing a leg and... fluffy tail still?  Can the undead revive if they still have pieces left?  (heh, a wandering leg... wheee~ hop hop hop.)
Undead can't live without the brain. Without that Hannah stays dead unfortunately. It's one of their fatal weakness.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

icarus

thank you, jesus h. christ. i was feeling like i was leading first graders around by the hand.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

ChaoSynergy

Hmm.  If I ever get to go to AnthroCon, I may have to commission Amber for some badass art of DP.

Jairus

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on July 22, 2008, 03:25:23 AMHmm.  If I ever get to go to AnthroCon, I may have to commission Amber for some badass art of DP.

Personally, if I ever make it to Anthrocon (Looking over my finances, I actually could afford it, and all I'd have to do is figure out my schedule), all I'd want to do is shake her hand and tell her that I'm a big fan of her work. Mainly because I'm so hopeless in public situations that any more and I'd make a complete idiot of myself, so no commissions from me (how do you ask someone for something like that?).

Anyway, back on topic: Poor Dan really is dealing with a sharp learning curve isn't he? I can't imagine that every adventurer fresh out of school has to deal with stuff like this.

Alondro

Mab should raise her prices to $100 for a sketch.  Addicted fans will not be able to help themselves and will still flock in droves to her table, handing over their life savings (cuz everyone knows furries have no money and all live in their parents' basements) for an Abel-Jyrras shonen sketch. 

And Amber shall sit upon her piles of money laughing maniacally as the hordes of mind-slaves shower her with cash.   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tiger_T

Quote from: Jairus on July 22, 2008, 03:30:39 AM
Personally, if I ever make it to Anthrocon (Looking over my finances, I actually could afford it, and all I'd have to do is figure out my schedule), all I'd want to do is shake her hand and tell her that I'm a big fan of her work. Mainly because I'm so hopeless in public situations that any more and I'd make a complete idiot of myself, so no commissions from me (how do you ask someone for something like that?).

Anyway, back on topic: Poor Dan really is dealing with a sharp learning curve isn't he? I can't imagine that every adventurer fresh out of school has to deal with stuff like this.
You either walk to her table, see the sign "Sorry We're full" over the heads of fife people waiting in line to gape at her empty seat... (since she wandered off to draw somewhere over there *points behind a crowd behind some rows of tables*), sigh, and then explore the rest of Anthro*Con instead.
Or you camp out in line at the entrance two hours before opening time, then race to her table and ask: "Hi Amber, I'm [insert name here], a big fan of your comic. Could I commission some art from you?" (while battling six other people who try to get past you to do the same). And if you're really lucky... she'll be there at the time and will not have turned the sign yet. :3

I do think many adventurers have to deal with such stuff.
It's just - most of them don't return. And the rest knows better the next time. :P >:3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK