07/23/08 [DMFA #925] - Petty emotions are for children

Started by Tapewolf, July 23, 2008, 05:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganurath

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on July 23, 2008, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Zachski on July 23, 2008, 10:48:42 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that Dark Pegasus, when he said females, was referring to Anna... and not Dan?

I noticed that, too.  Wonder if DP saw through Dan's "disguise".
Isn't there a rule in the Evil Overlord List about being smarter than your minions?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

silentassassin

it's not a disguise he just got dressed up in it and i'm pretty only an idiot would think he'sa girl

Vekar

Just wait till he realizes that fact and the fact Dan was the guy who killed him last time. Then it will hit the fan.

tiggertoo

Quote from: Vekar on July 23, 2008, 09:33:02 PM
Just wait till he realizes that fact and the fact Dan was the guy who killed him last time. Then it will hit the fan.

Dan is telling Fi the story of his first adventure right out of adventuring school -- this is all a flashback to the *first* time Dan ever met Dark Pegasus.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 23, 2008, 04:53:06 PM
I must say a plant inspired Mythos is an intresting touch.
Would be more intresting if she is in fact fire proof.

"The wood of the redwood tree is amazingly resistant to fire and rot..." so there is precedence for fire resistance among plants.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ren Gaulen

I still say that the heat may be so great that natural resistance would fail.

kaskar

8)  Dark Pegasus should be more careful about what, and who, he speaks about. And where is the fabled Spork ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Aleolus

O.O  Dude, what the heck is she, a high level Druid?  Or a Cleric with the Plant Domain?  Maybe a were-tree?  I MUST KNOW!!

icarus

Quote from: Aleolus on July 23, 2008, 10:50:06 PM
O.O  Dude, what the heck is she, a high level Druid?  Or a Cleric with the Plant Domain?  Maybe a were-tree?  I MUST KNOW!!

a mythos. a plant mythos. we've kind of been over this.

also dan has hit puberty by this point. to assume that the minute he opens his mouth he DOESN'T give himself away is rediculous. everyone probably just thinks he's a cross dresser.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Naldru

Well.. There is one thing that we know.  When this is all over, Dark Pegasus will be planted in the ground, and Dan's friends will be green with envy over his success on his first adventure.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ganurath

Quote from: kaskar on July 23, 2008, 10:41:11 PM

8)  Dark Pegasus should be more careful about what, and who, he speaks about. And where is the fabled Spork ?
In the second encounter with DP. This is the first. There is no spork.

*preemptively shotguns Keanu Reeves before he can mention that he knows kung fu*
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ganurath on July 23, 2008, 11:06:04 PM

*preemptively shotguns Keanu Reeves before he can mention that he knows kung fu*
I wonder if Dan knows it (kung-fu, I mean). He should try to tackle Darth Pegasus while he is distracted. Then again, considering that Darth P is much bigger than Dan, tackling him might be useless..

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ganurath on July 23, 2008, 09:07:26 PM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on July 23, 2008, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Zachski on July 23, 2008, 10:48:42 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that Dark Pegasus, when he said females, was referring to Anna... and not Dan?

I noticed that, too.  Wonder if DP saw through Dan's "disguise".
Isn't there a rule in the Evil Overlord List about being smarter than your minions?

actually, no there is not, however it does suggest making sure that stupid minions are rare, and you utilize their stupidity by filling them with misinformation and allowing them to be caught so they can blurt out the exact opposite of what your plans are.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 24, 2008, 07:33:12 AM
Quote from: Ganurath on July 23, 2008, 11:06:04 PM

I wonder if Dan knows it (kung-fu, I mean). He should try to tackle Darth Pegasus while he is distracted. Then again, considering that Darth P is much bigger than Dan, tackling him might be useless..
Dark. Dark Pegasus. Dark. Dark. Dark. Dark. Dark.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: DarkAudit on July 24, 2008, 10:16:12 AM

Right now he is awesome enough to be called Darth Pegasus. Once he fails, I'll go back to calling him Dark Pimp.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 24, 2008, 10:20:21 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on July 24, 2008, 10:16:12 AM

Right now he is awesome enough to be called Darth Pegasus. Once he fails, I'll go back to calling him Dark Pimp.

If Amber wanted him to be a Darth, she would have named him Darth to begin with.

She didn't.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

AmigaDragon

You want the spork? Here's the spork (last panel).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

rocket_red1

Dear lord, please don't call him darth.  He is more awsome than Darth Vader.