The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Cogidubnus

I'd like to just say this as a general annoucement -

There are a lot of sub-plots with each character going on. This is a good thing! However, despite my best efforts at acquiring the spice melange, I'm not prescient. In an effort to enhance the experience of this RP, I'm asking everyone who is planning on introducing something character-related that I'm not going to know about already to please PM me on the matter to at least let me know what you're doing.

E - I've got no idea what you're doing, and I honestly don't know what to do with you until you tell me.
Gar - I've never heard of Saiyetonia, so I can't give you any information about it in the book. However, I can provide with you alternative reading material, as you shall see. If Gar is looking for anything specific, though, please let me know so that I can accommodate you.

Thanks!

e_voyager

well i was giving you the generalization of the letter.  aten has been trying to dig up information on the mad goddess , the Valmont family and the list of  guest previously invited to the ball to find out if there was any patterned. he can't bee sure of anything any more and in the full letter her states that while he hopes to she her and cogi at the ball he is also fearful of approaching her grandmother with out properly being introduced. he has been out of the Noble courts for a long time and fears his edict is rusty and would gratefully appreciate it if she were t0 help him not swallow his foot if she is there when he meets her grandmother as he would hate to embarrass her. and so forth. from this point until the ball atem as he still introduces him self will wonder around town hopefully meeting other gust and find out more. at this point i'd like him to run into rover and tim. i can post the full letter when i return  in two days time if you like.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Tim is doing her damnedest to get Rover out of town.

My Muse, on the other hand, is doing her damnedest to drive Tim nuts. :-/ I'm hoping to get Rover into his outfit and out of town in a couple of posts, though, so meeting up with them is likely to be difficult.

And, as Cog says, if you want to interact, you need to tell people, rather than presuming we can read minds...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gareeku

Well considering I've never mentioned anything about Saiyetonia before, Cog, I didn't expect you to. I was just making my character do something aside from standing around like a dork. I'll post something else sometime later.

techmaster-glitch

Karazkt's just lying in his cell, listening to the general discordant thrum of activity in the Castle, waiting for Jeremiah or someone/thing else to come get him... :B

(btw, he will want to get back to his mech as soon as possible once he's out of his cell, as OOC he would be quite a useless character without it.)

Cogidubnus

Quote from: e_voyager on January 14, 2009, 05:06:01 AM
well i was giving you the generalization of the letter.  aten has been trying to dig up information on the mad goddess , the Valmont family and the list of  guest previously invited to the ball to find out if there was any patterned.

The Mad Goddess? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, E.

I will say that nobody should know anything really definite about a Mad God at this point, except maybe Elyse.

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 14, 2009, 06:00:12 AM
And, as Cog says, if you want to interact, you need to tell people, rather than presuming we can read minds...

Reading minds is required, did you miss the memo?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 14, 2009, 10:49:48 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on January 14, 2009, 05:06:01 AM
well i was giving you the generalization of the letter.  aten has been trying to dig up information on the mad goddess , the Valmont family and the list of  guest previously invited to the ball to find out if there was any patterned.

The Mad Goddess? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, E.

I will say that nobody should know anything really definite about a Mad God at this point, except maybe Elyse.

aten doesn't know the whole mad god thing but Cogi mentioned Luna here  and that caught aten's interest.  Page two or three
Quote from: Cogidubnus on August 10, 2008, 09:51:13 PM
Cog regarded Aten with a raised eyebrow, giving Mel a sideways glance out of the corner of his eye. He grabbed his drink and sipped on it, swallowing and coughing just a bit, and giving the feline a white-toothed grin.
"We've been here before, yes, although I think Mel more times than I." he said, setting his drink of amber liquid down. "So, she'd probably have more funny stories about what kings and dignitaries get up to when the've had too much to drink." he paused, adjusting his hat and leaning forward, giving the cat a look over the top of his glasses. "I daresay, though, it can be pretty funny watching wars start over what Their Harold did to Our William and whatnot." the wolf grinned.

He leaned back. "Even with the starched shirts, it's a great lot of fun." he said, pushing up his glasses. "'Specially when Luna starts causing trouble. But, ah - are you staying here, sir?" he paused, looking expectantly.

Mel's grandmother comes in here page four
Quote from: Cogidubnus on August 31, 2008, 10:49:23 PM
  Cogidubnus shook his hand loftily. "I received an invitation, and here I am." he said simply, drinking down the rest of his drink while a slightly disturbed waitress set Aten's in front of him, retrieving the wolf's glass while she was there. "As for who invited you, the anonymous benefactor of the ball chooses to remain anonymous." he said, smiling slightly. He nodded to Mel. "I imagine if he asked your grandmother, though, she'd be able to tell him, yah?"

one the top of page six i mention that aten recognizes that cogi mentioned a goddess. not that she was mad or anything.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 19, 2008, 01:39:49 AM

As Atem spoke, his copy of "The Complete History of Dragons, Vol. 466, Part II. (Abridged)", by Billingsly Topaz, fell onto the floor. Atem had to keep from dropping his plate - the chaper head was titled very simply, "LL", with a drawing of the same beneath it.

this reaffirms that Aten found something about LL and her family while he was probably looking up his uncle but most of the back information from you. it did mention the search parameters but nothing complete as i have nothing to really go on.

i hate microsoft a lot of the time.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azlan on January 15, 2009, 12:05:54 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 14, 2009, 06:00:12 AM

Reading minds is required, did you miss the memo?

If it was inside your mind, yes. ;-]

Mel Dragonkitty

LL stands for Luna Lazuli Icewing. That is who Cog referred to as Luna.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Cogidubnus

I'm not following your logic, E. I don't think Cog ever mentioned a goddess (and it doesn't appear to have in your quotes either). If he did, it was a joke and in passing. And most of that other stuff, I don't quite see how it fits in with the rest. Search parameters?

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 15, 2009, 05:09:25 AM

If it was inside your mind, yes. ;-]

It is an essential skill in the IT world, it is one of the first classes taught to tech support... probably should be technical skills though.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

i'm sorry but i was referring to Luna who is sometimes referred t as the goddess of the moon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna i didn't realized that she was  Mel's grandmother.  as for the rest he's been looking for a conspiracy as to why he's been invited it goes back to his reasons for seeking out information in the belief that family secrets or interest are behind his invitation even if it is on the side or paranoia http://llearch.net/misc/rp/MGM/?page=Aten_Valmont. even so i think i'll need time to redefine his actions and approach to the other charters to make him seems less skittish. .

Aisha deCabre

I just thought I'd add a footnote to go along with my recent post.  Don't anybody try to suggest to me a result of my character's actions that would lead to a surprise again, because I found myself trying to avoid it.  And I found that the only way I could stay in character was have Ryn walk into the trap anyway. :B

Well played, guys, well played.  x3

Only one or two people will get what I'm talking about. xP  The rest of you ignore me, I just felt like ranting after trying to mentally worm my way out of a quandary that might just happen.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sorry, Aisha. I'll try to remember that, and only suggest things to Cog.

By the way, e_voyager, not that I'm complaining or anything, but Rover isn't in the stables. In fact, he never was; he stayed beside them, because he didn't fit. He's currently a couple of blocks away, happily painting the clock tower with a bucket of hot chocolate.

Not only that, but the stables are currently a large pile of rubble, what with him having accidentally torn them apart...

You may wish to revise your post.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 17, 2009, 02:31:45 AM
Oh, my.

Rynkura's going to be a lot of fun. >:3

>>

*Discreetly writes something down in the "smite" list.*

Seriously though, I hope your goal isn't to make a -complete- fool of Ryn.  She's the most distinguished and level-headed character I have, and she's staying that way. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 17, 2009, 04:32:35 AM
Sorry, Aisha. I'll try to remember that, and only suggest things to Cog.

You may wish to revise your post.
ah will do when i get back form work in about 15 hours

Aisha deCabre

Say, Cog?  I dunno how you missed it, but Ryn's already walking to get the encyclopedia in her last post.

Third and fourth paragraphs.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 18, 2009, 01:53:16 PM
Say, Cog?  I dunno how you missed it, but Ryn's already walking to get the encyclopedia in her last post.

Third and fourth paragraphs.

Whups, sorry. Wrote the post at a friend's house. Is fix'd.

e_voyager

say llearch shall i have aten regain his composure and  inquire as to what a griffin that large is doing by a  building that is now seemingly coated in chocolate?

llearch n'n'daCorna

You can if you like, but it might not fit as well as you might think.

I've had this churning in the back of my head for a bit, but haven't had the time to spell it out on the forum.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go to bed...

e_voyager

trying to catch you before you and the officer vanish on me. i'm not overly fond of chocolate and even less of being a chocolate statue.

Cogidubnus

I don't think you'd be in much danger of that, E. It's not liquid chocolate, but more like the sort of hot chocolate one might drink on any overly cold streetcorner in a northern climate - delicious, sweet, slightly grainy, and no doubt consisting entirely of synthetic chocolate powder, hot water, and long-dissolved marshmallows.

e_voyager

in which case i'm a sticky furry freezing mess but aside form that i'll be fine? that's good to know i was thinking melted chocolate bars chocolate kind of thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on January 27, 2009, 01:31:25 AM
in which case i'm a sticky furry freezing mess but aside form that i'll be fine? that's good to know i was thinking melted chocolate bars chocolate kind of thing.

Not unless you like burning your mouth. Chocolate doesn't usually melt until well after enough specific heat has been applied to make for some impressive burns if you get it on you. The fact that it sticks makes it worse - unlike, say, coffee, which falls off after you pull your finger out of the drink, liquid chocolate would remain on your finger, burning it more until you got it off.

This is why people tend to drink chocolate milk type liquids - they pour better, and burn less. ;-]

... This is not to say that Aten isn't still sticky and gooey, mind. I expect he's going to be needing a thorough bath to get that junk off. *grin*

e_voyager

oh without a doubt. any public baths in town? some kind of steam room i hope.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm sure Rover can find a nice semi-frozen trough...

e_voyager

well i'm on my way back the to hotel any good summation are welcome he help me

techmaster-glitch

Hey, I just thought of something. Would Kiet notice the huge hole in the ground under the wall by the courtyard, and large footprints of...something...around it? >:3