The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Azlan

Er, sorry for taking up so much time... it's hard to reach a wind-down point for a race that does not sleep (past a certain age/power point).  There was just so much he needed to accomplish...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Azlan on October 28, 2008, 11:40:45 AM
Er, sorry for taking up so much time... it's hard to reach a wind-down point for a race that does not sleep (past a certain age/power point).  There was just so much he needed to accomplish...

There are a few things that need wrapping up, but I think I've got something in mind to speed things along. No worries. :3

>:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

Stabbing and shooting have always worked in quieting Kiet down for a bit.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 28, 2008, 12:56:39 PM
fire?

It does solve everything...

Cogidubnus

e_voyager

i remember that one. it was when i learned soul reaper powers. silly dimensional power shifts.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Just wanted to point out, Az, that although no-one may remember Vixana in this part of the world, they did send the ice pack to Kiet Ti'Pallo.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

I noticed that, myself.

No matter who saw who... the ice pack ended up at Kiet's place. That, in itself, is just plain spooky.

... which reminds me, I need to come up with a post.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Quote from: e_voyager on November 17, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
she raise a good question where is the library?

I must say, I was wondering that sometimes myself, E.  :P

I would imagine that any self-respecting town would have a library, though, and considering it's a resort-y sort of place, probably a bookstore or two.

e_voyager

i was thinking it to be somewhere between town hall and the school

Azlan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 15, 2008, 12:26:54 PM
Just wanted to point out, Az, that although no-one may remember Vixana in this part of the world, they did send the ice pack to Kiet Ti'Pallo.  :P

That's kind of what he is worried about... his words didn't come out right.  It is too be expected, he got bonked on the head.

Aisha deCabre

I admit that E's actions as well as some of the other players had me confused.  I knew a hotel didn't have a library, but somehow E made it look like it did...

Also, sorry E, I thought the "Atem" thing was by virtue of your own mispelling...my apologies but honestly you do tend to do that. ^^; I'll go and edit my post, if you edit that she did acknowledge his name.

I don't see how Rynkura looks untrustworthy though.  :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

i do apologize for that. i know that i misspell a lot such as epyon being spelled eypon and all. it's not you fault. Aten set up the Atem alter when he introduced himself to Cog and Mel but that was pages ago. i find that i've lost track of everyone Else's story thread as well. also it's not Rynkura's fault that he's a bit antsy about being invites and by his real name non the less. he's worried that his parents are trying to lure him back and make him take over the family business and some such.  because of this he's seeing mind readers all over the place though he has not encountered one yet.

Aisha deCabre

That's okay, no problem.  I'll remember to acknowledge "Atem" in the future.  Though if I remember correctly it was he who invited Rynkura to the table, not the other way around.  He ought to know soon enough that all she wanted was directions to the library.   :3

Which I'm guessing is still nonexistent, "in the hotel"-wise. <<
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

nods.  i had aten/atem seek out of the hotel and canvas the surrounding buildings until he found the library and he searched until he founds books on this mad goddess that the wolf had mentioned and on the history of the ball. he hasn't had more then a chance to glace though them but he's read them in full later.

as for Rynkura's desire to fine the Library? he'll help her but he'll still want to know what she can tell him about the upcoming ball and balls past.

Aisha deCabre

Um, you do remember she said that was the first ball she's been invited to in years?  She knows as much about it as Aten does. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

Name: Gareeku Manoko

Race: Being

Species: White-furred Wolf (see avatar)

Physical Description: (see avatar) - Medium length black spiky hair; spiked out up and back, save for near the front where various bangs of hair of various length cascade down his forehead, styled in a slight middle parting (though they do not extend further than eye level). (The hair is similar to Jin Kazama's from the Tekken series of fighting games.)

However, The hair isn't exactly the same. Just below the part of the hair that spikes out and back on the back of his head is an area of longer hair that reaches down to around the same level as his biceps. This area is usually (but doesn't have to be) tied together in a ponytail by a long thin strand of fabric (like the one that Ken uses in the Street Fighter Alpha series - http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ken-mshvs.jpg).

Clothing: A set of deep Blue sleeveless gi top and pants, a black martial arts belt, with a sheathed Katana fastened to his side, and sandals on his feet. He also wears red fingerless gloves, which begin just below his elbow on his forearm. At the end of his gloves (where it stops just before the elbow) and on his wrists are thin bands of metal which seemingly hold the gloves in place. He also wears a brown hooded cloak over the top of his clothes.

Combat Abilities: Master of the sword and martial arts. Has also intricate knowledge and mastery of 'soul energy', as well as being quite talented in fire and ice magic.

History: (Taken from older RPs because at this time I don't have the energy to rewrite it) - Gareeku was born to a Being father and a Succubus mother, and is oddly enough a rather unique creature, in that while he does not possess the wings of a cubi, he does share a few of their traits, such as the lifespan and heightened senses of a cubi. Despite this, Gareeku is still a being, and so shares their needs for food, drink and sleep.
Having met Gareeku's adventurer father, an arctic wolf Being, just after leaving SAIA, Gareeku's mother, a powerful vixen succubus named Alica Hannack, soon fell in love with him and bore a child; Gareeku Manoko. Gareeku had a relatively normal upbringing with two loving parents in a small town where various races lived together in harmony, learning martial arts and the art of magic from his father from a young age. However, Gareeku's happy life would soon change. When he was 16, the boy discovered that his father had been brutally murdered by a group of demons who had ambushed Siriso as he ventured out on a quest. Swearing revenge, Gareeku carried on learning the ways of combat while taking care of his grief-stricken mother up until he was 18, when he ventured out on his first quest, learning of a group of demons that were terrorizing various nearby towns
Upon arriving at one of the towns, Gareeku came face to face with the group; the same group that has murdered his father. A long and hard battle commenced, the demon group shocked at how powerful what they considered as the "lowly being" was. Eventually Gareeku managed to slay the group, though the cuts and bruises scattered all over his body showed that it was by far no easy victory. The battle would be the first of many in Gareeku's career as an adventurer.
When he was 21, Gareeku returned from a quest to find that his mother had disappeared. Fearing the worst, Gareeku set out to travel the world to look for her. Eventually, he found that she was still alive, much to his relief, and was residing in a Cubi town, Gareeku choosing to continue his adventuring career as he knew she was safe from any attack in Harkhun.

Trivia: When he can be bothered, Gareeku is quite the cook. Excelling in chicken and pasta dishes in particular.

techmaster-glitch

techmaster-glitch

(double-post, sorry)

Just reminding everyone that Karazkt is still alive...

e_voyager

actually i hadn't read your post yet when i responded here. i'm doing so now as i didn't have time to come up with a response before work.

Gareeku

Just a query; why would a hotel have a library? I have never heard of such a thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Gareeku

Cogidubnus

The hotel does not have a library. I've been acting under the assumption that the library is -outside- somewhere, in the town.

e_voyager

i'd guess it's somewhere between the hotel , school and town hall.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gareeku on November 21, 2008, 07:22:21 AM
So it seems. I guess.

In hindsight (woo, 20/20) it would appear I was less than clear. My point was, it's very posh, so it's possible they have a collection of books somewhere; or, more likely, they have an arrangement with the local library to borrow books from them. Being a not terribly small town, chances are there's a reasonable library not too far away.

Or something of that sort.

Edit:

Az, I'm sorry for not reacting to the golem, but I couldn't come up with something suitable. And, well, I had these other ideas...

Maybe next time?

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 21, 2008, 11:30:10 AM

Edit:

Az, I'm sorry for not reacting to the golem, but I couldn't come up with something suitable. And, well, I had these other ideas...

Maybe next time?

It isn't a big deal, I just thought it would be a good idea for it to leave the stables...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, probably. It was an excellent chance for interaction between the players.

Sadly, Rover had more than enough to be going on with. ;-]

techmaster-glitch

Hmm, just had a question. Not that I don't like Azlan's bronze golem, but where did it come from? There's nothing in Kiet's profile about it.

EDIT: Aaaand never mind...