Nighttime Cleaners (OOC) - Update: January 3 (see latest post)

Started by Angel, July 01, 2008, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

Quote from: Tipod on January 26, 2009, 03:45:13 PM
If you still need more targets, I could gladly provide one. As for how they know it's a hit agency, well...
It's pretty much established that the world this takes place in isn't exactly bound by the rules of reality, so would it be that much a stretch that a criminal organization (let alone one headed by a were) uses unconventional and untraceable methods to collect clients? Client has person he wants rubbed out, gets referred to another guy who contacts criminal group via crystal ball or whatever kooky method they employ, and so on and so forth.

I guess that makes sense. The reality thing may be confusing, but Khimara's from a different continuity of mine where Shapeshifters are rare, but not unheard of. (Cuts the explanation in favor of putting it with Khimara's bio)

I guess it might spread in the criminal world. I don't know if Khimi's dad would brag about this kind of thing... (House realization moment)

On second thought, I think I know how it would work out. Should I put it up in the first post on this thread, or just explain here? I'll edit it if i have to.

EDIT: Thanks, llearch.

Basically, it spread from Khimara's dad telling his close friends and associates where they could go to get someone taken out of their way. He did promise to leave the work up to Khimi, but spreading publicity is just doing your son a favor, right?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd suggest posting here, and adding a link to the first post.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lisky

soo, just out of curiosity, when should i do Viesigar's intro in the IC thread?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Angel

When the test run murders are all finished, and we have a few more cops.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tipod

Need victim, I give victim  :U

Client Dossier

Name: Bonzo Quevado
Alias: Bonecrusher, Barba
Species: Naga, common lancehead (bothrops atrox)
Nationality: South American
Height/length: 12' 5"
Weight: 420 pounds
Build: Very muscular, no bodyfat to speak of
Eye color: Black

Personality: Extremely ill-tempered and mannered, Bonzo (pronounced "Bone-so") tends to look down on most anyone not of equal height or standing, regardless of social/genetic background. When within the company of close family, he can be as loose and congenial as anyone else, but no other setting can elicit a mellowed attitude.
Background: Hailing from the drastically reformed city of San Diego, California, Bonzo operates as leader of the Seven Sickles streetgang, engaging in petty drug dealing, theft, and extortion in the city's more underprivileged neighborhoods. The Seven Sickles, along with several other gangs, tussled violently with the San Diego Police Department and engaged in several meager slayings of officers and their relatives. The situation came to a head after the shooting of Bonzo's unarmed brother, Armin, at the hands of San Diego police officer Angel Alazraqui (see below).
Business: Target wanted dead, as painfully and slowly as possible.

Victim Dossier

Name: Angel Alazraqui
Species: Human
Nationality: Hispanic
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 141 pounds
Build: Athletic
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black

Immediate family: Garland Alazraqui (unemployed), Rosita Alazraqui (Assistant District Attorney)
Personality: Grim and composed, Angel is a particularly serious man and given to many humorless moods. Slow to trust and naturally suspicious, he is, to put it simply, a difficult man to fool and/or sneak up on.
Background: Proud member of San Diego's police force, known colloquially as "Regulators," Angel is particularly skilled as a man of action, trained in the use of several small arms and close-combat techniques as demanded by the rigors of his position. Like most Regulators, he is honest and incorruptible, but very aggressive towards the city's more unnatural criminals. After shooting unarmed suspect Armin Quevado in the back, he was placed on extended leave to get away from San Diego's vengeful criminal element.

Edit: Changed locale. Del Mar is an actual city, not just a fictional place in Weeds. I am an idiot.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Azlan

Tipod, I've been to Del Mar... no street gangs there, unless they roll in BMWs and Mercedes.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tipod

Wait, there really is a Del Mar?

Damn, I always thought it was made-up. *headsmack* Need to change my post.

Lisky

soo, uhh... what happened to everybody in this?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ryudo Lee

Just waiting on the GM to get things going.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Angel

The GM is, in turn, waiting on the players. But if one of the two posting is being lazy, I suppose I could work on getting those victims onto Khimi's list, finally... expect a post very late tonight, or sometime tomorrow afternoon. And if someone could please kick lucas in the head for me (I've done it already with no response), that would be appreciated.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

lucas marcone

Quote from: Tipod on January 28, 2009, 08:34:41 PM
Need victim, I give victim  :U

Client Dossier

Name: Bonzo Quevado
Alias: Bonecrusher, Barba
Species: Naga, common lancehead (bothrops atrox)
Nationality: South American
Height/length: 12' 5"
Weight: 420 pounds
Build: Very muscular, no bodyfat to speak of
Eye color: Black

Personality: Extremely ill-tempered and mannered, Bonzo (pronounced "Bone-so") tends to look down on most anyone not of equal height or standing, regardless of social/genetic background. When within the company of close family, he can be as loose and congenial as anyone else, but no other setting can elicit a mellowed attitude.
Background: Hailing from the drastically reformed city of San Diego, California, Bonzo operates as leader of the Seven Sickles streetgang, engaging in petty drug dealing, theft, and extortion in the city's more underprivileged neighborhoods. The Seven Sickles, along with several other gangs, tussled violently with the San Diego Police Department and engaged in several meager slayings of officers and their relatives. The situation came to a head after the shooting of Bonzo's unarmed brother, Armin, at the hands of San Diego police officer Angel Alazraqui (see below).
Business: Target wanted dead, as painfully and slowly as possible.

Victim Dossier

Name: Angel Alazraqui
Nationality: Hispanic
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 141 pounds
Build: Athletic
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black

Immediate family: Garland Alazraqui (unemployed), Rosita Alazraqui (Assistant District Attorney)
Personality: Grim and composed, Angel is a particularly serious man and given to many humorless moods. Slow to trust and naturally suspicious, he is, to put it simply, a difficult man to fool and/or sneak up on.
Background: Proud member of San Diego's police force, known colloquially as "Regulators," Angel is particularly skilled as a man of action, trained in the use of several small arms and close-combat techniques as demanded by the rigors of his position. Like most Regulators, he is honest and incorruptible, but very aggressive towards the city's more unnatural criminals. After shooting unarmed suspect Armin Quevado in the back, he was placed on extended leave to get away from San Diego's vengeful criminal element.

Edit: Changed locale. Del Mar is an actual city, not just a fictional place in Weeds. I am an idiot.

and thus i renounce my meger attempt at providing a victem for the sake of moveent. well played, good sir.

also sorry i been absent, got busy.

Angel

Quote from: Tipod on February 11, 2009, 11:21:32 PM
"...have you ever had that moment where you realize that crazy, unfathomable things really do exist?" Stepan gave Shaun an careful look. "And I don't mean reading about Bigfoot or aliens in the National Enquirer, I mean actually seeing flesh-and-blood things that a rational person knows shouldn't be real."

Liiiiiike... shapeshifters who can turn from cats into dragons and mice at will? :P I'm hurt, Tipod.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tipod

Khimara would certainly qualify, but he's not the first unnatural person/thing Stepan's ever seen :V

Tipod

On a random note, I found this the other day and thought it was at least a bit fitting.

"A powerful track about the cold experiences that are met by different people when night falls."

techmaster-glitch

I find this OOC thread lacking a character index! :U I fix that! (add to first post)

Hitman Leader
Black_angel - Khimara H. Transphermi

Hitmen:
Ryudo Lee - Shade, the "Ghost Thief"
Boogeyman - Hermes McMortimer
lucas marcone - Shaun Damsey
e_voyager - (33233) E's forte, alternate Forte
Tipod - Stepan Lloyd Pushkar

Clients/Victims:
lucas marcone - burturm ford (victim only), jorje eglace (incomplete, victim only)
Azlan - Jason Cross Jr. (victim), Eugene Cross-Myers (client)
Boogeyman - Mr. Fogerty (victim only)
Tipod - Bonzo Quevado (client), Angel Alazraqui (victim)

Police:
Azlan - Alasdair Gray

Inactive Players: (people who haven't yet posted, or won't)
Malone - Lord Joshua Rotton, Roger Waxman (hitman)
Cogidubnus - Fredrick J. Ralston (hitman), Jedidiah Wright (client)
familyghost - The Wraith, aka Maddock O'Donnelly (hitman)
Basilisk2150 - Johan Viesigar (police)

This particular index was a bit of a challenge to make, with all the different things in this RP, I had to figure out how to organize it. Hope you like!

e_voyager

i'm going a little sitr crazy in this thread pretty soon i'm going  to stared posting ooc things here of Forte  setting up his equipment and going to gather supplies and such.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Angel

Relax, Az and I are almost done. The test run murders will start soon.

And while I'm thinking about it, players: since everyone's getting a little impatient, try to make the test runs quick and interesting. Victims, you can still struggle, hitmen, you're expected to try and keep things quick and quiet without doing any auto-kills. now that I'm out of school, things can run a little more quickly in here, but I know not everyone is going to have time. So do whatever you can. :)
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Lisky

um... how long until the police hear about the gunshots from azzy's little incident?

Edit: also, how should i introduce what seems to be the only non-corrupt police officer?

Azlan

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on May 13, 2009, 12:38:02 PM
um... how long until the police hear about the gunshots from azzy's little incident?

Edit: also, how should i introduce what seems to be the only non-corrupt police officer?

They won't.  A mafia soldier was killed on the edge of Triad territory.  The cleanup will happen quickly, anyone who could stumble upon the body knows enough to keep quiet.  The police will dredge his body out of the bay weeks later, it will be in such a state that not even a psychic will be able to get an object read off of the corpse.

Corrupt, heh... bwahahahaa... ya that will work, just keep thinking that way.  It will make life so much easier.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Angel

Okay, guys: since Azzie and I are now done, we can get started on the test run murders. I've decided not to have Khimara meet with the clients for these victims, as it would only slow things down even more and we're all getting antsy. So tonight I'll organize which hitmen get which victims. And since I notice on Techy's amazing character index (thank you, Techyyy! :3) that we're short one victim, and my little brother and I decided his victim was going to be a slightly bigger job, I see only one solution. I need to make a victim. So I'll work on that tonight, and get the bio for the police chief organized.

Incidentally, now would be a good time to sign up for police if you're interested. :)
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

By the way, you can quote the post, copy the index, and paste it in the first post so everyone can find it easily if they need (though you'll have to update it yourself when necessary).

lucas marcone

so were waiting on BA to set us up with targets then?

Ryudo Lee

Awesome, glad to see this moving along.

Angel

Heh. Yeah, it's been a weird time for me, but as God is my witness, this thing is my creation and it will not die of neglect! (determined pose)
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

Hmmm. Looking a little neglected, ain't it? Well, my job has been a time-consumer, but I think it's about time I started matching clients to victims. But before I do that, I noticed we are one victim short and that very few of the victims thus far deserve what's coming. Let's fix that. >:3

CLIENT

Name: Andrea Darley
Height/Weight: 5'7" / 135 lbs.
Build: Thin
Appearance: Short white-blond hair, thin shoulders and waist, glasses, blue eyes.
Motive: Disguised herself as a prostitute as part of a story she was doing on the clients of Georgia's red-light district, and sure enough, found one of them to be none other than the state's hopeful for the senate. But when she told her boss, he refused to run the story. Through a little snooping in her department, she found that he'd been paid off by the candidates' cronies and wouldn't say anything bad about him. So, she's decided to expose his crimes in a slightly different way.

VICTIM

Name: Connor Adams
Height/Weight: 5'11" / 152 lbs
Build: Once-athletic, softening with age
Appearance: Dark hair that is slowly turning gray, deep-set brown eyes, authoritative stance and style of speaking. Powerful and well aware of it.
Personality: To his constituents, he's a quiet man, manages to keep them happy even in a time when politicians are losing respect, and makes everyone feel comfortable and safe. The truth is, his nice personality is a cover-up for the fact that he's been stealing about half of the campaign contributions he's received and using them for booze, expensive clothes, and the occasional hooker or three.

Status: Currently living in a small town in Georgia, unaware that anyone has considered killing him.

Now then. Lucas decided against using one of his vics, so, here are the jobs:

Jason Cross, Jr. -> E's forte
Burtrum Ford -> Shade the Ghost Thief
Mr. Fogerty -> Stepan Lloyd Pushkar
Angel Alazraqui -> Hermes McMortimer
Connor Adams -> Shaun Damsey

There we go. I'll figure out how to organize this tomorrow. And if any of you have any complaints, stick 'em in your ear and get to killing. :P
BANDWAGON JUMP!

lucas marcone

Ryudo Lee

Angel

Gonna be a post in the IC thread, explaining motives, victims, and whatnot. (I'm being quite serious; I've actually got multiple tabs up on my internetz so I can post in all the threads I've neglected.) But I need a little help deciding what to do.

I told everyone to come back on different days, and I'll put that schedule up in the IC thread if it helps everyone else, too. But I need to know a couple more things:

1. Does anyone want a client interview who posted late, or should we just pretend it's already happened the next day and Khimara's working on his stuff?
2. You guys who have sideplots going; anything you wanna do before we get to killing or not?
3. Should Khimara give the hitmen their assignments in the IC thread, or should we skip over that? (I'm thinking probably it makes more sense for the hitmen to get their assignments IC, but if everyone is itching for blood, we can easily move things quicker.)

So, whaddya think? Bear with me, I have trouble doing this kind of thing on my own, and my laptop is dead. The home computer isn't quite as inspirational, but I'm dealing with it now.

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Ryudo Lee

I think we should rp the assignment.  I know that Shade is going to want to ask questions.