06/08/08 [Abel 2 #20] - We'll Put Him Back Together...

Started by Sunblink, June 08, 2008, 12:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry

Quote from: Wanderer on June 08, 2008, 11:33:51 AM
Quote from: Ry on June 08, 2008, 11:07:15 AM
Look at the second panel, where the halo meets the right headwing.  There's a white piece of what could be tape there.  If it is tape, then it might just be on the one wing, hence why there's the space in the first panel.
...That's the standard gap in the headwings. The wings curve at that point, leaving a gap that you can see through to whatever's behind them. Pretty much every cubi has that.
ooh, lookit that, that's right.  The halo's close to the color of his wings so it threw me off.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Zedd

Ah this page is pure bliss or madness. Its up to the fellow fan to deside. Ah wells soon Ink will need to learn what makes Abel tick and meet Dee

Lucheek

So the Feather/Bat wings and the Mismatched eyes must be what make him "special."

And, I think even if Abel's affinity is for Misery, He doesn't really like causing it.

what clan is Ink in and what is his affinity?

Cogidubnus

Ink's looking pretty snazzy there. I like.

And huh. I thought Abel's affinity was confusion. I am, confused. Perhaps it is both?

Sunblink

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 08, 2008, 01:23:11 PM

And huh. I thought Abel's affinity was confusion. I am, confused. Perhaps it is both?

I guess that just because Abel's clan has a particular affinity for misery doesn't mean that he'd necessarily prefer that emotion the most. There are probably deviations from the norm.

Also, I agree. Ink looks amazingly snazzy. >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

As previously noted in this thread; his affinity is for misery; his preference is for confusion.

Or, rather, that's what we think (until contradicted by The Great Goddess Amber, anyway)...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 08, 2008, 01:25:23 PM
I guess that just because Abel's clan has a particular affinity for misery doesn't mean that he'd necessarily prefer that emotion the most. There are probably deviations from the norm.

Also, I agree. Ink looks amazingly snazzy. >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ah, I see - clan affinity. I thought he meant Abel specifically. x3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2008, 01:26:01 PM
As previously noted in this thread; his affinity is for misery; his preference is for confusion.

Or, rather, that's what we think (until contradicted by The Great Goddess Amber, anyway)...

Abel would make a fantastic clerk at the DMV.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 08, 2008, 01:29:09 PM
Ah, I see - clan affinity. I thought he meant Abel specifically. x3

I think he does mean Abel's affinity. "Like Aniz and his clan" sort-of indicates he's not actually discussing the clan, he's referring to Abel specifically.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 08, 2008, 01:29:09 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2008, 01:26:01 PM

Abel would make a fantastic clerk at the DMV.

Indeed.

One wonders if it's his preference for confusion that got him banned from the library. One also wonders if we'll ever know... ;-]

KelseyPotter

Tapewolf

'Cubi do often seem to have multiple affinities.  My assumption so far has been that they inherit at least one affinity from their clan, but there are also some which are specific to the individual and not inherited.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  I would think Ink's affinity is absolute terror (AT), therefore he is attracted by things that have an AT Field.  Thus, Ink is the natural enemy of the Angels.  This indicates he may be some sort of male analogue of Lilith, which means he's a demon, thus why he dresses in Victorian garb at this time, because we all know that anyone who randomly dresses like that must be the bad guy.   :3

*Charline thinks Charles' logic is staggering*  Staggeringly stupid.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

I also think that Ink is in quite a spiffy outfit.

And in regards to Amber's rant, I think this comic sums it up :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on June 08, 2008, 02:29:13 PM
*Charles hmms*  I would think Ink's affinity is absolute terror (AT), therefore he is attracted by things that have an AT Field.  Thus, Ink is the natural enemy of the Angels.  This indicates he may be some sort of male analogue of Lilith, which means he's a demon, thus why he dresses in Victorian garb at this time, because we all know that anyone who randomly dresses like that must be the bad guy.   :3
You have scarred my mind. I now must scream Shinji's name loud enough for it to echo is space.

Kuari

I think this explains why Aniz chose the crappiest way to deall with Abel.  If his clan has an affinity for misery, without realizing it, his aim became to make Abel miserable for FOOOOOD!!

Aniz: Feed me....  feeeeeeeeeed meeeee

*cough*

On a rant note, welcome to the world of exercise, Amber :p  That pain is weakness leaving your body. :mwaha

Lucheek

Wanderer

Quote from: Kuari on June 08, 2008, 04:32:06 PM
I think this explains why Aniz chose the crappiest way to deall with Abel.  If his clan has an affinity for misery, without realizing it, his aim became to make Abel miserable for FOOOOOD!!

*cough*
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Aniz has unconsciously developed habits and behavior patterns which will increase the amount of the emotion he has an affinity for. The same is probably true for most Cubi. They wouldn't even think about it normally, it would just become automatic for them.

Angel

...Well, this does go a long way towards explaining Aniz's actions. Doesn't excuse them, though. At all.

And poor Abel... he looks like a Hollow. I wonder when the makeup stage will start?

Quote from: Kuari on June 08, 2008, 04:32:06 PM

Hmmm. I think the idea that Aniz was hungry came up in earlier topics, but... why that much misery? I mean, the guy broke his son's mind into pieces, much like his wife's nose, stated that he might end up KILLING May right to Abel's face, and then, to put the icing on the cake, he left Abel in Ink's sadistic hands. I'd think by now he'd be stuffed, n'est-ce pas?

On a side note: are emotions fattening?

Agreed.  :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sunblink

Quote from: Lucheek on June 08, 2008, 01:16:44 PM
what clan is Ink in and what is his affinity?

I think I can help out there.

http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Ink

I <3 Wiki's.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Stygian

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology...

VSMIT

Quote from: Stygian on June 08, 2008, 09:17:07 PM

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology...
Was I the only one waiting for someone to say that?

Lucheek

No, I was waiting too. :3

And thanks, Keaton! Geez....lots of infomation. Should look over that place.

kaskar

8)  And can all the kings's horsemen, and all the king's men, be able to put abel together again ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Alondro

*Abel sings*  In-side out, Aniz you turn me, up-side down and round and round...

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

kaskar

Quote from: Alondro on June 09, 2008, 12:19:30 PM
*Abel sings*  In-side out, Aniz you turn me, up-side down and round and round...

:giggle

8) Or is it more a case of, " When in trouble, When in doubt, Run in circles, Scream and shout ..... "    ( re: 'Freefall'  )
8) Just Hanging Around ...