Vacation?

Started by Aleolus, May 18, 2008, 02:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

You know, after reading through Amber's most recent rant, it sounds to me like she needs a vacation.  Some time where she and her hubby can just kick back and relax, without needing to worry about updating the comic, or anything like that.  Appoint some people as guest artists (I would recommend the people who do Two Kinds, Plugged Nickle and YOSH! myself), and take a week or two completely off.  Go to a spa somewhere and get yourself treated like a princess.  Then, when you get home, do your hubby like there's no tommorow!  Then get back to the comic.  I'd be willing to bet you'll be feeling a lot better if you go ahead and try that!

Valynth

I think she'll go for it if YOU fund it.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Eibborn

XD I'm not sure that she can just enlist artists like that!
/kicks the internet over

Gareeku

Yes...because Amber can just click her fingers and people from all over will come tending to her every need. And please get some tact as well, thank you.

It's all well and good saying "oh go on a holiday", but it is easier said than done.

icarus

you're also discounting the thousands of rants she's made in the past where she's stated over and over how messed up it feels when she misses an update...even if it's preplanned that she's going to.

the fact of the matter is that becoming a comic artist is like voluntarily turning totally OCD, and then funneling it into something others enjoy. not doing it starts to grate on your nerves and bug you out.

i mean how many times has amber got a comic up when her rant below was entirely "OH GOD, SICK D:"

also, for every nice reader going 'take a break! it's cool!' there's about a dozen lurking in the shadows waiting to go ZOMG Y IS MY COMIC NOT UPDATING?!!? HOW CAN AN ARTIST WHO GIVES ME THIS FOR FREE DARE TO NOT UPDATE?!?!

welcome to the comic artist's paranoia.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Raffe

Amber couldn't take a vacation in the middle of a wall war, might not get as many donations.
So in order to get her a vacation donate more. So she can afford it(and while you're at it pick the boys team :3)

And for the people who
Quote from: icarus on May 18, 2008, 06:56:54 AMgo ZOMG Y IS MY COMIC NOT UPDATING?!!? HOW CAN AN ARTIST WHO GIVES ME THIS FOR FREE DARE TO NOT UPDATE?!?!
shes had hella lotta reasons these past weeks.

That being said she did say the comic was stress relief, but I can't see being swamped as other than stressfull.
Hooray ellipsis!