Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 03, 2008, 09:50:29 PM
Quote from: Tezkat on August 29, 2008, 12:03:21 AM

Heh... would anyone like to take over as bank will llearch is away? I need to hide about 18 million ASAP.

Actually, it's free money. Go ahead and spend it on upgrades before the financial update wipes out everyone's savings.

I'm back now.

I should probably spend that 46 million, then. :-/
You can send me some if you want. I'm burning cash with land exploration on my new province.   >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Likewise. Mostly through chewing up progression....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

fisherman

Yo, a couple things.  http://wiki.galava.net/wiki/index.php/Super_Bowl_XI is the war.  I'd love for you guys to join us, pretty much for the hell of it.  We have a good handle on things.  One thing though, Prussia said they would declare war on anyone who joins in the war on our side.  So if you guys want to join in, it'd probably be a better idea to just say we join the war on the thugz side and wait for someone to attack you.  Thats all  :)

Darkdragon

I defer this issue to Tezkat. Although I probably won't do anything until after the Internet gets fixed in the classrooms on Sept. 12th.

PS: what's with the name of the war?

Tezkat

Bleh. I've been a bit busy this weekend. I'll try to get a war guide posted soon.

I've been trying to redo my trades to get some crazy combat mana regen, but it's nearly impossible to find Blood Ice trades these days. :< Tundra is quite valuable after all. Who knew?

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 06, 2008, 04:59:49 AM
I defer this issue to Tezkat. Although I probably won't do anything until after the Internet gets fixed in the classrooms on Sept. 12th.

Hmm... that would drop our active fighter count to two. Is that even worth an official DoW? Maybe we could pull a KoS and claim we're "raid figging" from the Thugz. >:]

Our top 3 are the only ones with enough troops to fight at the moment. Everyone else will probably have to go hippy for the duration of the war to avoid actually giving the enemies' smaller empires someone to hit. I can feed you guys monies to offset peace mode penalties. I'm not really spending it at this point. Heck, I need to get rid of it all before the financial reset.

In any event, 24/7 troops queues are a must for anyone planning on fighting.

QuotePS: what's with the name of the war?

Nordreich declared war on the Thugz for constantly raiding them. Hence, Superbowl XI: Raiders vs Vikings. For historical accuracy, the Raiders won that one. :3

Quote from: fisherman on September 06, 2008, 03:41:13 AM
Yo, a couple things.  http://wiki.galava.net/wiki/index.php/Super_Bowl_XI is the war.  I'd love for you guys to join us, pretty much for the hell of it.  We have a good handle on things.  One thing though, Prussia said they would declare war on anyone who joins in the war on our side.  So if you guys want to join in, it'd probably be a better idea to just say we join the war on the thugz side and wait for someone to attack you.  Thats all  :)

Heh. Each of our fighters has roughtly half their entire guild's troop count. Our combat force is basically three upper prog empires with nearly half a million troops each. Since you guys already have the heavies engaged, we might be waiting a while for people to attack us. :animesweat

I find Prussia's involvement funny in general. For those of you who didn't make the connection... Prussia's leader is Dark Lunatic K. We know him better as the twice deposed leader of Blitzkrieg in CN. Our first major war in that game involved beating the crap out of his alliance.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on September 06, 2008, 03:52:05 PM
Our top 3 are the only ones with enough troops to fight at the moment. Everyone else will probably have to go hippy for the duration of the war to avoid actually giving the enemies' smaller empires someone to hit. I can feed you guys monies to offset peace mode penalties. I'm not really spending it at this point. Heck, I need to get rid of it all before the financial reset.

Heh. I've been burning through a fair amount myself; of the 46 million you had stored, I've got 28 left. And I expect to burn through a large swatch of that in the next week; if not all.

The major limitation is how long it takes to explore land...

Darkdragon

Hmm... that would drop our active fighter count to two. Is that even worth an official DoW? Maybe we could pull a KoS and claim we're "raid figging" from the Thugz. >:]
Excuse me, but what's "raid figging"?

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 06, 2008, 04:27:46 PM
The major limitation is how long it takes to explore land...

I completely agree. I have it backlogged 6 days in advance and I'm still short food and gold. Feel free to send stuff if  nobody else wants it. 25% peace penalty hurts quite some.  :<

techmaster-glitch

I find Prussia's involvement funny in general. For those of you who didn't make the connection... Prussia's leader is Dark Lunatic K. We know him better as the twice deposed leader of Blitzkrieg in CN. Our first major war in that game involved beating the crap out of his alliance.

Blitz is up and kicking again? When will this guy learn? :erk

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 06, 2008, 05:07:18 PM
I completely agree. I have it backlogged 6 days in advance and I'm still short food and gold. Feel free to send stuff if  nobody else wants it. 25% peace penalty hurts quite some.  :<

Heh. Set up a sale and I'm sure Tez will pass some across.

After all, if he's going into battle, he needs to strip out some spare cash. And if the resources are going to be zeroed in the near future, we might as well use it to grow.

I hadn't really noticed the penalty, myself. Sure, it takes a large stack off the top, but seriously, I'm growing so fast anyway...

By "backlogged six days in advance" do you mean you have 6 days worth of land being explored? Cause that's a heck of a lot. I've got some 30 hours at most, and I'm pulling down eight hundred miles on that - 200 on one side and 600 on the other, to even out the mileage - and that's the worst; the other two provinces are looking at 13h/26h and 20h/20h... and that took out near on 300k of food, and about 7 million of gold to progress/explore.

If you've got 6 days, that's one heck of a lot of land. The only time I've reached that sort of level is when getting a new province...

Tezkat

Yeah. Just post how much you need. I make like 10 million a collection--way more than I could ever spend on land or troops. I've got nothing to spend it on but progression. And maybe bidding up artifact prices. :3

Basically, you can only store resources in three things now: progression, land/buildings, and troops. The latter are more or less fixed daily expenses, so most of it has to go into prog. You can at least try to maximize parallel land exploration.

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 06, 2008, 05:07:18 PM
Excuse me, but what's "raid figging"?

An attempt to get around the profanity filter? >:] Basically, Svalbard didn't officially declare war on the Thugz. They merely announced that they would steal raids from the other side of the conflict.

Do any of you really not want to fight? I don't want to force war on anyone, although I think it would be good experience. I could just as easily go rogue for the duration of the conflict to help out.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 06, 2008, 05:37:09 PM
Blitz is up and kicking again? When will this guy learn? :erk

Naw... DLK left CN to ruin an alliance for a whole new game worth of hapless victims. >:]

By the way, does anyone have Blood Ice and a trading partner that they like less than me? >:] I've got tons of... um... well... actually, I'm pretty much all Elderberry, Nightshade, and Seaweed right now. Got an Iron Wood left, too.

Mana regen, it turns out, is really good...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on September 06, 2008, 06:12:46 PM
Yeah. Just post how much you need. I make like 10 million a collection--way more than I could ever spend on land or troops. I've got nothing to spend it on but progression. And maybe bidding up artifact prices. :3

"More than I have", but wait until I burn through the current set.

At present, I'm waiting on market to buy more food, I think. Or waiting on exploration to finish, so I can build stuff, so I can then collect, and go back to building progression... I think.

I'm pulling down something like 30k food, net, per collection. So I might be ok with that; it's just wood and stone that I keep running out of. I've got 238k of stone incoming, and if I see some cheap wood, I'll grab that as well. Other than that, I'm down to 20 million gold, so not terribly urgent; I figure I can rip up 3 more steps of 600 miles/province off that before I run out completely.

Which would bring me to about 660 prog, I think, by about Wednesday or Thursday

Do any of you really not want to fight? I don't want to force war on anyone, although I think it would be good experience. I could just as easily go rogue for the duration of the conflict to help out.

Me, but I've got that covered. Hippie mode FTW. ;-]

Sorry, but I'm all tapped out for trades.

Darkdragon

I could probably use a whole lot (I built my fourth province - that's why I have 6 whole days of land piled up), but then again, there are others who could use the money. I still need something like just 50k food (along with a million gold) to be able to max up the province. At today's food prices that would total up to 2.5 million, and that would be a good start. If you have more cash to spare, I'll put up more in 1 million increments.

Tezkat

Well, go ahead and put it up. I'd prefer higher PPU stuff, since I do need my market cap for liquidating and/or hiding resources.

Man... I can't even bribe people to send me Blood Ice... :animesweat

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tezkat on September 06, 2008, 07:37:13 PM

Well, go ahead and put it up. I'd prefer higher PPU stuff, since I do need my market cap for liquidating and/or hiding resources.

Man... I can't even bribe people to send me Blood Ice... :animesweat

You could probably bribe me to send you blood ice. :3

Tezkat

Heh. I'd be happy to bribe you for Blood Ice. Just free up a trade and post some bribe resources on the market. You should be able to request a trade from me.

Thanks. :mowcookie

Darkdragon

The economy reset is set on the 22nd, so make sure you spend all your stuff before then.

Some guy was silly enough to declare war on me before sending spies, and it turns out I have about twice as much troops as the other guy. I've offered him peace because I want to reset my arcanus with the leftover gold I have, but I can't do that in war, or should I send more than enough troops to punish him because not only I have a troop advantage but also an underdog bonus of 20%?

Tezkat

Hmm. What kind of unit stats do you have? Has he spoken with you yet? You'd probably take heavy losses if you tried to fight him with weaker troops. He's certainly been online since you sent the peace offer, and yet he hasn't bothered peacing out. Maybe he needs some incentives...

Option 3: Tezkat squashes his puny army. :kittydevious

If he finally peaces out, life goes on as usual. If not, you can move in for some free prog and end the war anyway. :3 Apparently, the guy failed to notice that DMFA, with all of 7 members, has more troops than his entire 46 member guild. :animesweat

Sound fun?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on September 19, 2008, 04:32:27 PM
If he finally peaces out, life goes on as usual. If not, you can move in for some free prog and end the war anyway. :3 Apparently, the guy failed to notice that DMFA, with all of 7 members, has more troops than his entire 46 member guild. :animesweat

Bearing in mind that my troop strength doesn't count, since it's at 12.

Not thousand. Just 12. I have one of each type of troop in each province, and unless I plan on fighting anyone, it's going to stay that way. ;-]

Darkdragon

Ganurath would not count either. He's inactive and has zero troops.
=============================================
He uses mages, while I use mainly archers, which might be a bit of problem because I don't know how much bonus there is involved. And.. here's the war page. Advice?

Tezkat

I sent a nice little force. It will land around 10:31 PM EST, and it should wipe out about half his troops if he doesn't dodge.

Without knowing your stats and siege count, I can't really help you guess how many forces to send. Ranged should have about a 5% advantage over Magic.

He's got a lot of Barriers up, by the way. Attack time is pretty significantly increased.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Out of interest, Tez, have you a more complete list of the armory items available?

I keep meaning to organise a webpage with them on, in useful format...

Tezkat

http://wiki.galava.net/wiki/index.php/Armory :mowcookie

Oh, and incidentally... it would be a good idea to keep spying on our opponent when you have the chance (in case he moves his troops out, etc.).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on September 19, 2008, 06:08:08 PM
http://wiki.galava.net/wiki/index.php/Armory :mowcookie

Ooo.

Didn't realise the "event" items were different.

Picked up The Ocean's Garb recently, so I'll add that to the list. 0-5 attack, 100-120 defence, magical armour. Very nice.

Valynth

Oh, and by the way, my troops have one of the best event defense armors available.  (mossberg fist, +55 defense)  And it wasn't even listed on the wiki until I added it.

*is such a lucky bastard, but not as lucky as the box*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes. Valynth, I'm gonna have to drop that trade we have, because I have 3 seaweeds already now...

Mind if I see if you've got something else to replace it?

Valynth

Alright, (the question that was here has been answered and on hind sight was so full of fail that it warranted this text explaining just how full of fail it was.)

Current items I can trade:  Elderberry, Nightshade, Cherry Wood, and seaweed.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkdragon

Do you know the formulae for this type stuff? I'll PM the stats to you, but I'd look silly if I asked each time.

Also: You two are lucky. I keep getting stuff which are not in my house of choice, id est, I keep getting melee and magic items (bad ones at that) and nothing I can use for my ranged warriors.

Tezkat

Formulae? For attacks? Admin keeps changing that anyway...

What we know:

Effectiveness of siege weapons and defensive items depend on the number of enemy troops.

Effectiveness of combat stats depends on the number of troops.

Underdog bonus seems to be applied after the normal battle calculations.

The bonus/penalty for unit type is in the 5-10% range. We don't know where that's added.

"Normal" is usually the best attack type.

:mowcookie

In summary, the person with the most troops usually wins. >:] For optimal results, send a force 2-3 times the size of the defenses.

I took out ~80k of his troops on my first big attack. He's got 140k left. My next strike will probably only kill 30k or so. It lands ~2:27 EST.

So, if your stats are comparable to his, sending 200k+ should seriously mangle him. 300k+ with siege may actually wipe out his army. Some of your guys have kinda low stats, though. You may still lose a bunch, especially if you send those low def guys.

I did also some Barrier testing with friends today, by the way. As far as we can tell, 11+ level 5 Barriers will increase attack time by ~45%. The cap might even be achieved at lower numbers. I'll see as more of my anti-barrier warriors land.

Darkdragon

Do I get an underdog bonus when attacking him?