Protest of Fred Phelps

Started by Rakala, May 11, 2008, 08:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

http://fredphelps.com/?page_id=20

Finally, somebody is showing that greedy arrogant bastard what's what. He and his hate group have been going on for way too long without consequences.

For those of you who don't know who Fred Phelps is.... http://fredphelps.com/

ilpalazzo

Fred is just nuts, thats all that can be said.

Zina

The Westboro Baptist Church fascinates me. To the point where I can't even get angry or offended by what they say, just amazed. Amazed that anyone could think that way.

That being said, I don't think anything that could be done or said to the Phelps clan is going to stop them. It's only going to encourage them. They revel in the hatred and the attacks from the rest of the world because they believe they're SUPPOSED to be hated. Because God's chosen people are supposed to be hated by the rest of the world, or something like that. This proves that they are right.

Brunhidden

Around these parts we found a way to keep that nutjob away

yasee, most biker gangs are made up largely of veterans, and veterans have a very strong bond and get protective of dead servicemen. so what we here in cheeseland did was ask some very violent and burly biker gangs to be the honor guard in soldier funerals.

that crime against humanity and his inbred church haven't dared get within half a mile of a soldier funeral in the area sinse..... come to think of it, it really should be illegal to protest a funeral, free speech is one thing but thats just vile. oh well, if it cant be illegal then a beatdown by a trio of 300 pound hells angels will have to be the next best thing.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zina

In most of the states, there are restrictions when it comes to protesting at funerals. In fact, one father of a soldier whose funeral they protested took the Phelps family to court and won 11 million dollars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dD9v2cIMU

rabid_fox

He's a nutter, but he gets stacks of what he wants most - attention. The more attention he gets, the happier he'll be. Positive or negative attention doesn't matter to that sort of psyche.

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

My people have ways of making him disappear if you wish...

:kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

perhaps if they believe America to be such a hellhole- deport them to a REAL hellhole where they can appreciate personal freedoms.... assuming they don't have their toungs cut off first

Victoire Épique

I hate to admit it, but they are INCREDIBLE at debating and arguing.
That's probably how they got the amount of followers that they have.
Their confidence is amazing as well. It's those kind of qualities that can really suck people in.
I agree with Zina, it's absolutely fascinating.
Although, I completely disagree with their messages. If they had their loud, confident personalities but were preaching love and acceptance and all that happy jazz instead of their message of hate and sin, who knows what could happen? It's a shame they're so hatred-oriented. It seems they've forgotten wrath is a deadly sin. Or maybe they haven't, and are simply trying to incite it in other people.

Also, it gives me a kind of sick pleasure when I see the kids that don't actually know what the hell they're preaching about.

Rakala

Actully Fred Phelps is just in it to make money. He's trying to make other people angry and get them to do something to him so he can bring a lawsuit on their ass since his entire family is made up of lawyers. I'm not even sure if he really believes in what he preaches.

Victoire Épique

He certainly enjoys it, though.
Isn't it just so much fun preaching such hateful messages?
I'm sure at least a few of their followers actually believe in their messages.
People can do and believe in some pretty screwed-up things and not show remorse.
And of course, if they were really entirely in it for the money, then they might at least show a bit of resentment over being sued for 11 million. I'm no psychologist, but they seemed pleased to me in one of the clips in the news report on them that Zina posted.
Though, that's only one thing I've seen, I admit I may well be wrong.

Zina

There are around 70 members of the Westboro Baptist Church, and apart from like, 5 people, they're all apart of the Phelps family.
It's speculated that Fred Phelps started the church as an attempt to control his family. And he does have complete control over the family. His children that did not want to be apart of his little church are basically dead in Phelps' mind. In one documentation, an interviewer asked the family where these missing relatives were, and they simply said they were "gone". Where they were and whether or not they were dead or alive, they didn't know and didn't care.
The control that Phelps has over his family and their blind devotion to him is almost like that of a cult.

Alondro

Somebody should call up the police and say that they're from his family and that they're being forced to have children underage.  That's how you get rid of these cult weirdos.

Worked in Texas! 

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Victoire Épique

I've always kind of admired cult leaders, in a way.
That they can get people to believe in that kind of thing is astounding.

Does Kansas work the same way as Texas? I wouldn't know, I'm not American. ;o

On another note, whatever happened to the eastern hemisphere on that Million Fag March thing? :<

Brunhidden

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 13, 2008, 02:46:33 AM
On another note, whatever happened to the eastern hemisphere on that Million Fag March thing? :<

they were smoked by the brittish

Ryudo Lee

Oh yeah, I remember those clowns now.  They "graced" my old college campus, Nicholls State University, several years back.  Someone had tipped them off that the chapel (not a church, but a chapel) on campus, in conjunction with one of the churches in Thibodeaux, LA had decided to create an outreach program to gay and lesbian students.  Kind of a way to show support and say that "God loves you no matter who you are".  A pretty good sentiment, right?

Well these clowns came around and protested on NSU's campus saying that the church and this chapel were "preaching a message that God loves everyone".  That blew my mind when I first heard about it.

Regardless, I believe the outreach program is still in full swing.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 13, 2008, 10:37:11 AM

Well these clowns came around and protested on NSU's campus saying that the church and this chapel were "preaching a message that God loves everyone". 

oh... kay...

There simply is no words... no words.

Ryudo Lee

Yeah, that was basically my response.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Brunhidden

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 13, 2008, 08:21:20 PM

Well these clowns came around and protested on NSU's campus saying that the church and this chapel were "preaching a message that God loves everyone". 

oh... kay...

actually what gets me is that the majority of Christian churches have open doors to gays and lesbians and would encourage them to come..... in fact not too long ago there was an effort to put advertisements on TV and radio saying they're welcome.

however such a wild and crazy thing as love and acceptance was actually dubbed 'too controversial' by all major networks

back to the original topic, or rather a side shoot thereof, i suggest that the pope sue Fred for slander, and charge damages done to the Catholic church as Fred has created a lot of bad publicity to Christians everywhere.

QuoteAnd you gotta listen to him, hes the freakin pope!

Sunblink

Ugh. Fred Phelps. I can't stand the guy. I've never had any personal encounters with him or his entourage, but he's one of the finest examples of intolerance and insidiousness I've ever heard of.

Quote from: Zina on May 12, 2008, 02:58:03 PM
There are around 70 members of the Westboro Baptist Church, and apart from like, 5 people, they're all apart of the Phelps family.
It's speculated that Fred Phelps started the church as an attempt to control his family. And he does have complete control over the family. His children that did not want to be apart of his little church are basically dead in Phelps' mind. In one documentation, an interviewer asked the family where these missing relatives were, and they simply said they were "gone". Where they were and whether or not they were dead or alive, they didn't know and didn't care.
The control that Phelps has over his family and their blind devotion to him is almost like that of a cult.

I heard about that. I also heard that Phelps was an abusive father and husband according to the few estranged members of his family-cult, but I'm not terribly sure.

I kind of admit, I'm kind of glad somebody's counter-protesting Phelps. Whether or not someone's "encouraging" him, the asshole is going to keep doing what he's doing until he's dead.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Toric

Were I informed of and in the area of an upcoming Phelps protest, I would probably contact acquaintances for a protest to their protest. This protest would be more-or-less silent, and consist of a group of people standing next to the general area of the Phelps family, all wearing shirts saying "I'm with Stupid ----->" ....I'll have to check whether they've protested in Oklahoma.

Sweet, a protest schedule! Nothing close enough to me coming up. I'll keep an eye out though....
Yap by Silver.

Brunhidden

perhaps it would be more appropriate to have signs saying "im NOT with stupid"

Goatmon

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 14, 2008, 09:44:36 AM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 13, 2008, 08:21:20 PM

oh... kay...

actually what gets me is that the majority of Christian churches have open doors to gays and lesbians and would encourage them to come..... in fact not too long ago there was an effort to put advertisements on TV and radio saying they're welcome.

however such a wild and crazy thing as love and acceptance was actually dubbed 'too controversial' by all major networks

back to the original topic, or rather a side shoot thereof, i suggest that the pope sue Fred for slander, and charge damages done to the Catholic church as Fred has created a lot of bad publicity to Christians everywhere.

QuoteAnd you gotta listen to him, hes the freakin pope!

You have no idea how potentially bad an idea that is.  When your life's goal seems to be to get as much attention to your church as possible, the best thing to happen to you is if mainstream media starts taking notice, which is exactly what would happen if the Pope got involved. 

That sort of thing could bring their influence to an entirely new level, and we really don't need that.

To be honest, the best thing ANYONE can do to oppose these people, is ignore them. 

Azriel

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 12, 2008, 09:40:47 AM
I hate to admit it, but they are INCREDIBLE at debating and arguing.
That's probably how they got the amount of followers that they have.
Their confidence is amazing as well. It's those kind of qualities that can really suck people in.
I agree with Zina, it's absolutely fascinating.
Although, I completely disagree with their messages. If they had their loud, confident personalities but were preaching love and acceptance and all that happy jazz instead of their message of hate and sin, who knows what could happen? It's a shame they're so hatred-oriented. It seems they've forgotten wrath is a deadly sin. Or maybe they haven't, and are simply trying to incite it in other people.

Also, it gives me a kind of sick pleasure when I see the kids that don't actually know what the hell they're preaching about.

As a Christian though I could own them in a debate about scripture.  They've also forgotten Thou shalt not judge, we are supposed to leave that to God least we be judged.  Their followers make me want to vomit like those so called Southern Christian slave owners and bigots.  I would love to see the moment when they reach heaven, only to have God tell them "You missed the point".

Brunhidden

Quote from: Azriel on June 04, 2008, 08:32:37 PM
  I would love to see the moment when they reach heaven, only to have God tell them "You missed the point".

i am of the philosophy that the entire time jesus christ was here all he was saying was "you guys completely missed what my dad told you. killing is wrong. WRONG! play nice or no cookie!"

and the second coming will be "you guys just don't LISTEN do you?"

QuoteVirtue is its own punishment.

AngelSephy

I'd love to see the female members of his little family be sent to Iraq where women have little to no rights at all. Let's see them open their mouths then! :mwaha

Quote from: Alondro on May 12, 2008, 04:06:23 PM
Somebody should call up the police and say that they're from his family and that they're being forced to have children underage.  That's how you get rid of these cult weirdos.

Worked in Texas! 

>:3

Didn't work for long. The parents of the children taken in the raid were allowed to take back custody of their kids last week. Most of whom insisted that they take them back to the ranch so they could, "continue their education" and such. Although some parents took their kids and moved to different cities here in Texas. The judge who signed off on this said that none of the families were allowed to leave the state. But I doubt that'll hold much water for long...

Brunhidden

what i cant understand is this- after those kids were seized, and placed in foster homes, the foster parents were told to remove anything red from the home as apperantly red is against their religion

somewhere there is a gaping flaw in logic

Reese Tora

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 08, 2008, 09:19:56 PM
what i cant understand is this- after those kids were seized, and placed in foster homes, the foster parents were told to remove anything red from the home as apperantly red is against their religion

somewhere there is a gaping flaw in logic

Red is bad... Red must be removed... Blood is red... Oh Snapz! :U
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation