Battle of the Se- Whoa, Abel!

Started by Rithm Alfortele, May 09, 2008, 08:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Quote from: Lucheek on May 30, 2008, 05:07:22 PM
Wow, the being part of another link is a great move. I wonder how that'll be saved in the archives.

Probably wont be...I am having serious doubts about even bothering to archive this war to be honest. :/

Anyways...its looking like the girls are likely gonna take this one, unless team guys pulls a miracle.

Madmann135

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 30, 2008, 05:13:36 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on May 30, 2008, 05:07:22 PM
Wow, the being part of another link is a great move. I wonder how that'll be saved in the archives.

Probably wont be...I am having serious doubts about even bothering to archive this war to be honest. :/

Anyways...its looking like the girls are likely gonna take this one, unless team guys pulls a miracle.

Say it ain't so Amber, Say it ain't so...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 30, 2008, 05:13:36 PM
(snip)
(snip)

Alt, Prt Scrn
Paste to art program
Cut and save

I got my copy.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Kuari

I'm actually amazed the guys are doing as well as they are....

Raffe

I'm surprised Jyrras is able to respond so early after his brain breaking, maybe the nut crunch brought him back to.
And wow, this'll easily get over 3000 by the way its going, Is that in US or Canadian?, And is it close enough to be a tie?
Hooray ellipsis!

Amber Williams

I'm kind of suprised too. The girls definately have a lot more peeps rooting for them...but the guys have had several heavy-hitting donators who have pulled them up by the bootstraps.

Right now donations seemed to have ceased...so unless there is something in the next 24 hours, its very much anyones game.

As an aside, and I will probably mention this next time I do a war. In the event people want a tie, all they have to really do is donate with the words "Tie" instead of a side...and I use the money to bring up the losing side to even it out.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 30, 2008, 10:17:16 PMAs an aside, and I will probably mention this next time I do a war. In the event people want a tie, all they have to really do is donate with the words "Tie" instead of a side...and I use the money to bring up the losing side to even it out.

We can do this now? not that I could donate enough to bring it even if anyone puts any more money beyond the current totals into the girl's side...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Amber Williams

If people wish to do this now to try to go for a tie, they are free to and I will abide.

The only reason I never did in the past was cause it never dawned on me to work it out that way.

Don

Alas hope appears when nearly too late..

Brunhidden

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 30, 2008, 11:00:58 PM
If people wish to do this now to try to go for a tie, they are free to and I will abide.

The only reason I never did in the past was cause it never dawned on me to work it out that way.

you do know now that most wars will be ties now- unless one side is obviously going to win by a landslide anyways
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Amber Williams

I am aware...which may be why I subconciously never thought of it until now. *laughs*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Do we get RJ wandering past and providing medical assistance? Or what?

I can't wait to see what the final image is. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 31, 2008, 05:28:31 AM

well theres RJ or Ink, im not sure which would be preferable. then again my wife used to be a nurse, should she ever bother to show up every so often- and a viking nurse isn't all that pleasant either, seeing as how viking philosophy says dying with pokey bits of metal in you is a good thing.

our other option is a rescue attempt by lowering a rope down from the wallpaper war to the navigational buttons, i would suggest they bring an ice pack and a splint.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 31, 2008, 05:28:31 AM

I can't wait to see what the final image is. ;-]

i forsee abel in either a full body, or lower-torso cast, that said, and given abel is a cubi, wouldn't it be the good "Doctor" administering the medical assistance to him?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on May 31, 2008, 08:47:35 AM
i forsee abel in either a full body, or lower-torso cast, that said, and given abel is a cubi, wouldn't it be the good "Doctor" administering the medical assistance to him?  >:3

It was RJ last time. Why should we expect different?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

given the nature of the 'injury'?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Amber Williams

Man. you peeps are gonna be sorely dissapointed in the short run...but maybe not so in the long.

Anyways. I have updated the counter numbers one last time.  The next update will likely be the final one that goes along with the comic update.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Wallpaper WarTotal: Blaargh! Maths is stoopid!

Hehehe XD

In other news...damn, I wasn't saving the war because I though it'd be up in archives XD oh well

Don

And so the war nears it's closing update. Despite that this event is just sending in money, it has been fun in a way and even though the side I donated to probably won't win I still got to give money to a fantastic artist and her comic.

Congratulations to the winning side whichever it may be.

Amber Williams

Dont worry Zack.  What the winning side has forgotten is that I am Satan. Which means that even though they are going to win, I will end up twisting their victory into a horrible monstrosity that was actually not something they would want at all even though I am following the letter of the contract. :3

I am thinking for the girls paper...victorian style dresses...yessss....

Naldru

Both sides always win.  They get to see new art by Amber.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Valynth

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 31, 2008, 01:48:47 PM
Dont worry Zack.  What the winning side has forgotten is that I am Satan. Which means that even though they are going to win, I will end up twisting their victory into a horrible monstrosity that was actually not something they would want at all even though I am following the letter of the contract. :3

THE CHEESECAKE IS A LIE!  A vicious and horrible lie!...  But my cube will never leave me.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Don

Don't worry Zack.  What the winning side has forgotten is that I am Satan. Which means that even though they are going to win, I will end up twisting their victory into a horrible monstrosity that was actually not something they would want at all even though I am following the letter of the contract. :3

Have I ever mentioned how awesome you are? *Applause*

Ren Gaulen

Victorian... style... dresses?..  :boggle Now that would be really cool! ;)

tlarn

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 31, 2008, 02:07:43 PM
Victorian dresses, as those dresses that make the lady look like a huge, lacy bell?

Like this?

... I honestly have a hard time seeing someone like Wildy in one of those huge dresses. I'm sure it would look hilarious, though. >:3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: tlarn on May 31, 2008, 02:20:47 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 31, 2008, 02:07:43 PM
Victorian dresses, as those dresses that make the lady look like a huge, lacy bell?

Like this?

... I honestly have a hard time seeing someone like Wildy in one of those huge dresses. I'm sure it would look hilarious, though. >:3

Yeah, you're right. It would be more hilarious than cool. :3

Amber Williams

The main idea I had was to basically re-create...

http://www.geocities.com/bvijay/paints/Seurat.html

This particular work only replacing the figures with the various female cast.

Don

That seems pretty neat actually, A nice gathering on a sunny afternoon.

I like the base picture you chose, it's a classical bit that captures a peacefull setting in wich people have a chance to talk and relax, seems like a perfect location.

tlarn

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 31, 2008, 02:44:14 PM
The main idea I had was to basically re-create...

http://www.geocities.com/bvijay/paints/Seurat.html

This particular work only replacing the figures with the various female cast.
Why do I have a feeling that the picture's going to have a Where's Waldo? aspect to it when you do it? :c

Like, minor characters waaay in the background or something like that.

Or maybe even Waldo! :3

Naldru

Actually, what interests me is that Amber picked a pointillistic painting.  After complaining about Abel having so many spots, she chooses a painting that has millions of dots.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.