Sub. teacher fired for wizardry

Started by Dakata, May 09, 2008, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 12, 2008, 10:13:51 AM
Quote from: Valynth on May 11, 2008, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2008, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on May 10, 2008, 07:20:08 PM
But yeah, the wizardry thing is pretty stupid. I mean, you wouldn't arrest someone for the coin-in-the-ear trick.
Coin in the ear?!   :U

BURN THE WITCH!!!

And thus a plentiful new alternate energy source was found.  Good job Alondro, you saved the world from the oil crisis and over population in one shot.  I admit, I'm impressed.
Also, with less people, there will be less food used, meaning more food unused, thus food will become more readily available in areas that are stricken by famine.
And if famine is solved, then a lot of the population would become fit and able to work, allowing boons in technology and farming and other such things.
The global economy would improve, and all in all the world would become a much better place.

Alondro, your idea to burn the witch was genius. Totally admirable.

Famine is not just a case of "having enough food". Transportation and Contamination concerns are also an issue; ESPECIALLY when the food in question is something "simple" like vegetables. (And when I say contamination, this includes introducing eco-harmful plants as well as whatever bugs / germs they contain).

The answer to solving famine lies more in improved agriculture more than it does "merely having more food than you can eat".

Also, chickens.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

I agree with Charline for once. >_>
<_<

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on May 14, 2008, 11:14:49 AM
Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 12, 2008, 10:13:51 AM
Also, with less people, there will be less food used, meaning more food unused, thus food will become more readily available in areas that are stricken by famine.
And if famine is solved, then a lot of the population would become fit and able to work, allowing boons in technology and farming and other such things.
The global economy would improve, and all in all the world would become a much better place.

Alondro, your idea to burn the witch was genius. Totally admirable.
Famine is not just a case of "having enough food". Transportation and Contamination concerns are also an issue; ESPECIALLY when the food in question is something "simple" like vegetables. (And when I say contamination, this includes introducing eco-harmful plants as well as whatever bugs / germs they contain).

The answer to solving famine lies more in improved agriculture more than it does "merely having more food than you can eat".

Also, chickens.

But it's less fun if you don't jump to conclusions.

Azriel

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 09, 2008, 11:43:44 PM
Quote from: Dak on May 09, 2008, 05:23:54 PM
[I shit you not.]

QuoteTeacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.

Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.

Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action.

The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.

The only solution is to look for Hogwarts and every other wizard/witch school, and burn them down! That'll show them wand-waving monsters. :rolleyes
Reminds me more of Salem than Hogwarts.
Yeah I'll second that one.  This is funny though whats next for schools "We will not allow our teachers to be Wican, Muslim, Christian, Jews, Taoist, and even if you don't show your faith no matter what it is we'll still fire you"

Jack McSlay

hmm witches used to be set on fire, teacher fired for wizardry.... I wonder if that' s the origin for the word "fired"
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zorro

But environmentalists are all about burning witches.

There are these "Wizards" called Genetic Engineers.  They do allsorts of magic like create rot resistant tomatoes and add vitamin A to rice to prevent blindness.

For such Dark "Magic" as this they want the Genetic Engineering "Wizards" killed or imprisoned for not letting tomatoes rot because it rained at the wrong time or letting people go blind in Asia because they are too poor to buy carrots.   :erk

Alondro

I genetically engineer mice.

We're developing a strain that will burn environmentalists.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on June 05, 2008, 07:30:47 PM

We already have that, it's called mouse+napalm+match.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

shadowterm

Quote from: Valynth on June 06, 2008, 01:16:22 AM

yeah, just don't try to stomp the mouse out. The fire getts everywhere. everywhere
/)//w//(\

Raffe

reminds me of the roman fire pigs, coat a pig in flammable stuffs, release towards enemy, set on fire.

EDIT:found a link http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=148
Hooray ellipsis!

Valynth

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on June 06, 2008, 02:22:25 AM

reminds me of the roman fire pigs, coat a pig in flammable stuffs, release towards enemy, set on fire.

I always thought of those as ancient MRE's.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Alondro

These mice will be more like smart bombs.  They'll spontaneously ignite upon contact with PETA and ALF members.  It is well known that such people carry the protein product of the RETARD1 gene, which is recognized by a recombinant receptor in the mice, linked to the spontaneous combustion pathway.   :P

AngelSephy

Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2008, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on May 10, 2008, 07:20:08 PM
But yeah, the wizardry thing is pretty stupid. I mean, you wouldn't arrest someone for the coin-in-the-ear trick.

Coin in the ear?!   :U

BURN THE WITCH!!!

:mob

Oh god... I laughed so hard from that. Thank you for making my day!  :boogie

As for the topic: I'm just at a loss for words! How the hell do you get fired for making a toothpick disappear? :<

Azriel

Quote from: Alondro on June 06, 2008, 09:39:02 AM
These mice will be more like smart bombs.  They'll spontaneously ignite upon contact with PETA and ALF members.  It is well known that such people carry the protein product of the RETARD1 gene, which is recognized by a recombinant receptor in the mice, linked to the spontaneous combustion pathway.   :P
:mwaha that...wow thats one of the best posts on a forum I've seen in a long tome  :eager

Alondro

Quote from: Azriel on June 10, 2008, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: Alondro on June 06, 2008, 09:39:02 AM
:mwaha that...wow thats one of the best posts on a forum I've seen in a long tome  :eager

*Charles R geneticist.  Him R smart.*  C M AIR?  M R Mice.  M R Not.  O S A R.  C M BD Eyes?  C M E D B D Feet?  L I B, M R Mice!  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Auron

Human versus (1) hume. It's becoming the later all to often it seems, oh well, I'm actualy getting used to seeing things like this... Which, now that I've said that, might actualy hurt even more since it means I'm slowly losing my own humanity! >_o'

Dang it, why won't people stop being so stupid, it's starting to desensitize me!! ~hudles over his soul to protect it.~ It's PREEeeecIIiiious!!

(1) Hume, Noun, a homo-sapien which, by some means, shows little or no sign of humanity.