Sub. teacher fired for wizardry

Started by Dakata, May 09, 2008, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakata

[I shit you not.]

QuoteTeacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.

Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.

Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action.

The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.

The only solution is to look for Hogwarts and every other wizard/witch school, and burn them down! That'll show them wand-waving monsters. :rolleyes

James StarRunner

Getting fired for being religious, fired for being a heathen, fired for getting screwed in between. There's just no winning these days.

Sunblink

If a teacher at my school made a toothpick disappear, I'd be pretty darn impressed. Magic. Screw Algebra and the pH scale, I want to learn how to saw my sister in half.

But I'm pretty shocked that people can be fired over something so... petty. People are so uptight today.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

bill

Sunblink

Quote from: bill on May 09, 2008, 06:27:42 PM
florida

lol

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME AND MY PATHETIC LITTLE STATE? :<

That does it.

I'm moving to Sweden.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jigsaw Forte

Where the hell is "The Masked Magician" When you need him?

I'm sorry, anyone who can explain away BEHEADING and getting explodied while nailed inside a crate has got to be used as proof that any idiot who believes magic tricks are real (past the age of... oh, I dunno, somewhere around the time you start noticing hair in fun new places) needs to be fired, not this guy.

Aisha deCabre

That has to be the stupidest reason for getting fired.  So stupid in fact that "stupid" isn't the word for it.  Moronic...megawfulnormously stupid...

Bah.  Next thing you know, even the word "magic" could get you hanged.  Again.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

He'll probably make a fortune in the discrimination lawsuit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Valynth

It appears I must make the obvious joke.  Did he weigh as much as a duck?

*is pelted with various rotten foods*

Seriously, I think the guy should sue for wrongful termination.  If performing parlor tricks is illegal, every showman in the U.S. is in trouble and Nevada would cease to exist as a populated state.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Zina

I want to be fired because I'm a wizard.
That'd be cool.
"Why did you get fired?" "BECAUSE I AM JUST SO FULL OF MAGIC."

Zedd

Well now..Looks like I am gonna have to choke someone tonight

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Dak on May 09, 2008, 05:23:54 PM
[I shit you not.]

QuoteTeacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.

Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.

Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action.

The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.

The only solution is to look for Hogwarts and every other wizard/witch school, and burn them down! That'll show them wand-waving monsters. :rolleyes
Reminds me more of Salem than Hogwarts.

Brunhidden

really makes me wonder about my old science teacher and all his 'magic tricks' such as using a banana as a hammer, making water boil at room temperature, and making a marshmallow explode.

next time on overreaction theatre- Mr. Clean is burned at the stake for his 'magic' eraser
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gareeku

Quote from: Zina on May 09, 2008, 10:10:49 PM
I want to be fired because I'm a wizard.
That'd be cool.
"Why did you get fired?" "BECAUSE I AM JUST SO FULL OF MAGIC."

Rofl

U win yo.

bill

I'd just like to reiterate that Florida can vote. You know, for president.

Valynth

Yes, Bill, we all know it's because of Florida that we're stuck with our current monke-er, President.

So this kind of insanity is common for Florida.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Gabi

Congratulations, Dakata, you've just ruined one of the stories I was trying to write.

Anyway... who would fire a teacher just for making a fun trick?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Rakala

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 09, 2008, 06:29:02 PM
Quote from: bill on May 09, 2008, 06:27:42 PM
florida

lol

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME AND MY PATHETIC LITTLE STATE? :<

That does it.

I'm moving to Sweden.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Hey, I live in Kansas. I have to deal with Fred Phelps.

R.A.M.

wow...that sucks,and is funny as hell.
wizardry

Angel

Heard about this in Humanities... weren't there more reasons than wizardry for firing the guy? Some reports said he was a pretty lazy teacher...

But yeah, the wizardry thing is pretty stupid. I mean, you wouldn't arrest someone for the coin-in-the-ear trick.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Dakata

Quote from: Gabi on May 10, 2008, 02:33:41 PM
Congratulations, Dakata, you've just ruined one of the stories I was trying to write.

Anyway... who would fire a teacher just for making a fun trick?
I'm sorry. :c What kind of story?

Who you ask? Someone who's crazy and/or stupid. It's not like he's sawing a kid in half or teaching kids to sell their souls to the devil. Seriously.

rabid_fox

There's got to be more to it than has been reported.

I would dearly like to believe that statement, but I have a friend who has, in writing, an official contract termination where the reason given was "Smiled too much".

Yes. He was fired for smiling too much.

In a sandwich factory.

Oh dear.

Zedd

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 10, 2008, 07:35:47 PM

There's got to be more to it than has been reported.

I would dearly like to believe that statement, but I have a friend who has, in writing, an official contract termination where the reason given was "Smiled too much".

Yes. He was fired for smiling too much.

In a sandwich factory.
Cant help the sandwitches was so good :<

Alondro

Quote from: Black_angel on May 10, 2008, 07:20:08 PM
But yeah, the wizardry thing is pretty stupid. I mean, you wouldn't arrest someone for the coin-in-the-ear trick.

Coin in the ear?!   :U

BURN THE WITCH!!!

:mob
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2008, 09:47:12 PM

BURN THE WITCH!!!

And thus a plentiful new alternate energy source was found.  Good job Alondro, you saved the world from the oil crisis and over population in one shot.  I admit, I'm impressed.

Alondro

It be cuz I dun wents ta collej.  I gots me dem smartz.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Valynth on May 11, 2008, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2008, 09:47:12 PM

BURN THE WITCH!!!

And thus a plentiful new alternate energy source was found.  Good job Alondro, you saved the world from the oil crisis and over population in one shot.  I admit, I'm impressed.
Also, with less people, there will be less food used, meaning more food unused, thus food will become more readily available in areas that are stricken by famine.
And if famine is solved, then a lot of the population would become fit and able to work, allowing boons in technology and farming and other such things.
The global economy would improve, and all in all the world would become a much better place.

Alondro, your idea to burn the witch was genius. Totally admirable.

Alondro

I'm very adept and Jonothan Swift's 'modest proposal'...

Except I want to enact it literally.   :mwaha

*Zina takes another shot*  Bwah ha ha!

Kenji

Lawl education facilities. Would they have been mad if he pulled money out of ears and donated it to the school?

Turnsky

pfft, teachers and schools have been making children's self esteem disappear since the dawn of education

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..