04/02/08 [Hybrids #2] - Cubi - the Cuckoos

Started by Sunblink, April 02, 2008, 10:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuari

Quote from: terrycloth on April 03, 2008, 08:03:08 PM
That particular post doesn't say one way or the other, but the general point ('no real half breeds') that's been repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER, as well as the comic that was just posted to answer this specific question, say 'no, you don't get to be both a full cubi and a full were at the same time with all the powers of both'. :rolleyes

OK, lets use another example...  the Dan Matilda love child...  Mythos AND Cubi...
Now what I'm PRETTY SURE Amber means is like this....  when a Cubi child is born, the child is the race of whatever the other parent was until they hit 20 or so...  THEN the Cubi traits pop in on top of that.

Meaning a Were is just a Were until they hit 20 or so, then they have the Cubi traits too.  The way Cubi seem to be described is as more of a subclass of each race.  You have the non-cubi of each race, and then you have the cubi of each race.

I mean, theres mention of Cubi traits going on top of demons right in the comic.

Psaakyrn

Or to put simply, cubi is NOT a race, it's a trait.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Kuari

Quote from: Psaakyrn on April 03, 2008, 10:43:14 PM
Or to put simply, cubi is NOT a race, it's a trait.

Yeah, that sums it up better me thinks...

Goatmon

I keep coming back to this page because Dantilda is just so ****ing cute.

Amber, what do you suppose the chances are of her appearing in a wallpaper sometime in the future? 

Brunhidden

Quote from: Kuari on April 03, 2008, 10:37:09 PM

Meaning a Were is just a Were until they hit 20 or so, then they have the Cubi traits too.  The way Cubi seem to be described is as more of a subclass of each race.  You have the non-cubi of each race, and then you have the cubi of each race.

this is whats known as a 'template', for instance anyone who plays D&D knows theres times where you take a creature and add a 'template' which adds diffrent traits to the base creature- for example 'half dragon' is one, and you can make a half dragon elf, orc, dwarf, fairy, whatever. its just a list of features and traits that can be added to any species that meets certain requirements, and thus the end product depends heavily on both.

thus its probably the case if you have, say, abel get his freak on with both lorenda and wildy. both children will be cubi, and gain equal amounts of cubi powers (i used same father so nobody can bring up the complexities of one clan being stronger or whatever) however a child of lorenda would be a demon cow BEFORE adding the cubi powers, so has a bit more mojo then the wildy spawn. however in that particular example they would still probably be roughly equal powers just by the fact that its wildy, i couldnt really think of another nonmagical being off the top of my head other then jyjy and i dont think hes poppin out kids anytime soon.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

e_voyager

okay not something i need to think about on virtual sleep.

Quote from: e_voyager on April 03, 2008, 09:49:11 PM
Don't you believe it. if DC has taught me anything about comics it's that things that are done can be undone and made as if they never were. Megan may appear the again she may not as to the ten limbs it's head 1, arms 2, legs 4, tail 1, wings 4. not that it matters. 
and this i post in the wrong topic due to said lack of sleep.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: e_voyager on April 04, 2008, 08:33:23 AM
okay not something i need to think about on virtual sleep.

Quote from: e_voyager on April 03, 2008, 09:49:11 PM
Don't you believe it. if DC has taught me anything about comics it's that things that are done can be undone and made as if they never were. Megan may appear the again she may not as to the ten limbs it's head 1, arms 2, legs 4, tail 1, wings 4. not that it matters. 
and this i post in the wrong topic due to said lack of sleep.

and that adds up to 12 :P