24/03/08 -- News Tidbit

Started by Destina Faroda, March 24, 2008, 12:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Okay, since I'm always out of the loop, Darkmoon, I'm going to ask.  What happened to your hand that required stictches?
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

He picked up a glass. Badly. In a sink full of water.

Well, ok. A half a glass.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Most of a glass.

Basically, I was washing dishes, specifically a glass, and my hand hit the rim in such a way that a triangular chunk came off the rim of the glass (I'd say about two inches across, maybe three inches long, max). My hand, having no resistance at that time, continued in it's forward momentum, and skinned itself on the glass, where the chunk used to be.

Lovely. Took eight stitches to fix it, was swollen up for about a week and a half. Now it's mostly better, although i don't have full mobility in my thumb yet, and there's this weird numb strip running along the side of my thumb.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

ooo, that's more information than I had previously.

Ouch. That had to hurt. Eventually.

(and if not, I have some salt here I can help it with ;-] )

Castle Pokemetroid

Heh, evil you is, eh?

But yes, very ouch. Washing dishes is evil I say! Evil!

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 24, 2008, 04:40:30 PM

Ouch. That had to hurt. Eventually.

(and if not, I have some salt here I can help it with ;-] )

For the first few seconds, yes, but then the adrenaline kicked in. It ached a bit off and on until the stiches it up, but once I took some Advil, it took care of the pain. Could have been a lot worse.

Destina Faroda

Heck, that's more information than I had at all.

Darkmoon, since your hand was in no condition to function, how in the world were you updating the comic?  And why?   Doesn't your hand have to heal?

From the sounds of it, the worst is over, but in any case, I hope you heal up as much as possible.
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Destina Faroda on March 24, 2008, 08:50:24 PM
Heck, that's more information than I had at all.

I only had it cause I asked his better half, at that. He's been extremely reticent about it. I expect he's feeling foolish. ;-]

Darkmoon

I just don't really do the online sharing thing. It's the same reason why I don't have a blog.

The first day I had to skip doing the comic altogether, but that was partially because we were in the ER until midnight, and we were just too tired. The second night, I did the layout, since mousing only really needs the fingers, and Dam laid out the text as I dictated. After that, my thumb went down just enough in swelling that I could handle a little light typing, so I took over from there. If you notice, though, I didn't really update ToF that week, instead doing easier supplementals.

Destina Faroda

Ha, you know I'm not one to tell all my business either.  It's just that if something were to happen like that, you would be hearing even less of me than you do now (and for those of you reading between the lines, I'm not around now in part because of a bunch of real-life stuff).  I'm not complaining.  It's just I couldn't even tell there was anything really wrong.

To be honest I hadn't notice the difference in material, because I had been REALLY busy last week to the point where I couldn't check CVRPG some days or anything else.
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I noted fewer typos than usual ;-]

*cough*

Darkmoon

Quote from: Destina Faroda on March 25, 2008, 12:29:26 AM
Ha, you know I'm not one to tell all my business either.  It's just that if something were to happen like that, you would be hearing even less of me than you do now (and for those of you reading between the lines, I'm not around now in part because of a bunch of real-life stuff).  I'm not complaining.  It's just I couldn't even tell there was anything really wrong.

To be honest I hadn't notice the difference in material, because I had been REALLY busy last week to the point where I couldn't check CVRPG some days or anything else.

(nods) That'll help that out, yeah. But on the flip, that's why I have that recent updates page. Makes it easy to see what kind of schedule I lead for the week.