Timely Strip from another Webcomic

Started by Bunnaroo, April 04, 2008, 09:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnaroo

I thought y'all might get a kick out of this. This is Monday's Sequential Art episode.

http://www.collectedcurios.com/SA_0395_small.jpg

I'm glad to see that Miz Amber's getting better!

Madd the Sane

He probably reads webcomics where this is common.  Not just DMFA.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Netrogo

The sad thing, dying of the plague is rather common among webcomic artists and writers. I swear it's like a prerequisit to being one is that you have to have all the immunities of a cancer patient.

Ah well, we love our comicy people anyways, even if they're going to one day bring about the end of the world by infecting us all D:
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Madd the Sane on April 04, 2008, 01:00:50 PM
He probably reads webcomics where this is common.  Not just DMFA.

Teh Kurtz over at PvP is just getting over a nasty staph infection this week. Complete with gory details.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Netrogo

Exactly. I bet if you did the research there are like eight different webcomics whose artist/writer is dying of something this week alone.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Jigsaw Forte

Not that it matters (since about the only thing that can stop a Last Resort update is a power outage), but I'm having nasty allergy reactions right now...

Alondro

The web comic artist spends most of its time sequestered within its natural habitat:  its room.

This causes a severe deficiency in Vitamin D, leading to rickets and eventually colorectal cancer.

The webcomic artist dies a slow, horrible death trying to keep up with updates rather than leave the dank confines of their self-imposed prison for proper treatment.

Then one day, the updates do stop, as the artist has finally gone up to that brightly colored Wacom tablet in the sky. 

And all the fans move on, thinking the artist has just gotten lazy or has stopped out of spite from receiving hate mail from angry fanbois.

:<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Pagan

Vitamin D... where's that from again?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Quote from: Pagan on April 06, 2008, 10:36:55 PM
Vitamin D... where's that from again?

It usually come from milk and/or sunlight. Help much?
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Alondro

Vitamin D is manufactured from cholesterol, utilizing ultraviolet radiation as part of the energy source. 

I'll need to look up the reaction again.

In other news, three mutant species of fungi in Chernobyl can use gamma-radiation to 'photosynthesize' carbohydrates, with melanin acting as the 'chlorophyll'!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on April 07, 2008, 12:25:30 PM
Vitamin D is manufactured from cholesterol, utilizing ultraviolet radiation as part of the energy source.  I'll need to look up the reaction again.
IIRC vitamin D is a government-mandated additive in margarine and butter in the UK, as a response to the problem of rickets in the past.  I was never quite sure if the vitamin itself was added or if it was simply something that was converted into it.  If it's simply the cholesterol itself, I wonder how that sits with low-cholesterol margarine...

QuoteIn other news, three mutant species of fungi in Chernobyl can use gamma-radiation to 'photosynthesize' carbohydrates, with melanin acting as the 'chlorophyll'!
Gross, gross, gross.  Another reason to hate fungi...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

Quote from: Netrogo on April 06, 2008, 10:01:40 AM
The sad thing, dying of the plague is rather common among webcomic artists and writers. I swear it's like a prerequisit to being one is that you have to have all the immunities of a cancer patient.

I was going to make a comment about how I was bucking trends... but I'm not a real comic artist. :(
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on April 07, 2008, 01:27:42 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on April 06, 2008, 10:01:40 AM
I was going to make a comment about how I was bucking trends... but I'm not a real comic artist. :(

... you cut your hand up instead. I think that counts...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Thanks for saying that, but we all know the truth...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2008, 12:40:20 PM
Quote from: Alondro on April 07, 2008, 12:25:30 PM
Vitamin D is manufactured from cholesterol, utilizing ultraviolet radiation as part of the energy source.  I'll need to look up the reaction again.
IIRC vitamin D is a government-mandated additive in margarine and butter in the UK, as a response to the problem of rickets in the past.  I was never quite sure if the vitamin itself was added or if it was simply something that was converted into it.  If it's simply the cholesterol itself, I wonder how that sits with low-cholesterol margarine...

The vitamin has to be added.  Cholesterol won't be transformed into the vitamin without the vital step of exposure to UV radiation.  Apparently, only UV can break one of the inner ring bonds in the proper way.  I suspect it has something to do with resonance structures, since double bonds are involved.  I need to look up a more detailed chemistry explanation.