Dan's Wings

Started by Aleolus, March 10, 2008, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

This question may have been answered before, but does anyone know why it is that Dan's wings look like Pip's head when in their "Active" state?  I mean, it makes no sense  :erk!  Dan can't stand Pip, and his wings are undoubtedly controlled subconciously, so why in the world would his subconcious convert them to Pips??

AndersW

It is a clan trait that the wing tentacles look like Dragon heads.

Aleolus

?  Where do we find that out at?

Damaris

Amber from Damaris' computer:  From meeeeeee!

Pretty much it goes like this, if a Cubi has heads on their tentacles, it generally means they come from a clan who's founder is still alive.  That or they are powerful enough to exert the energy to have such a display.  The average Cubi tends to have normal tentacles with the occasional claw or hand.  Actual heads, which are capable of sensory input, are really high maintenence and take a lot of energy to maintain....unless you are in a clan that has an active founder.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Here and here ya go. Plenty of information, there. Remember, if it's not on the site or in the wiki, then we'll just have to wait until it is.

Edit: Aw man. Amber beat me to the punch. I'm shocked.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Aleolus on March 10, 2008, 11:01:25 PM
This question may have been answered before, but does anyone know why it is that Dan's wings look like Pip's head when in their "Active" state?  I mean, it makes no sense  :erk!  Dan can't stand Pip, and his wings are undoubtedly controlled subconciously, so why in the world would his subconcious convert them to Pips??
This was pointed out before, actually...
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_392.php
And as Amber says, he can't control that Pip heads are they only special thing they can become, as they are a trait unique to his clan.

Kuari

Wait....  Dan couldn't really control the heads all that much....  sure they run partially on Dan's subconscious mind I suppose...  but Amber mentions the founders with some importance...  seems odd that would have an effect...  unless...  Big Brother is watching?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe she's also mentioned that the number is an indication of how powerful the Cubi attached to them is. So Dan having at least three or four is a suggestion that he's pretty powerful, as these things go, and probably not to be messed with...

Of course, Dan being Dan, the fact that he's powerful in powers that he -doesn't- want to use kinda messes up the plan a little... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

!KCA

Maybe Dan's wing heads are a manifestation of his self-loathing. (I believe they'd be draconic in any case, though.)

I imagine Dan getting his newfound industrial strength cubi powers are akin to taking someone off the street and handing them a sniper rifle. It's a powerful weapon. . .in the hands of a trained professional. Dan's just as, or more, likely to hurt himself as anyone else.