xat chat room

Started by Taskidog, March 06, 2008, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taskidog

Kay so like, I know I'm inconsistent and right now I'm using library for internet, but I do fancy a chat when I can. Thing is, libraries haet aim, and I has better idea than starting that kind of stuff from my flash drive.

Any one heard of Xat? It's just a chat room with the usual smilies with background, and it plays from the browser. For newbs you just go to the room and it loads for a bit and ur done. I think it uses java, but if you can get there and mirc is giving you a hard time, stop by and don't expect any srs bsns convos cause I'LL BE THERE. D8< (for like, two hours a day)

http://xat.com/chat/room/24368099/

as for where I disappeared to again, That's not really all that important so lets just skip all that cause the chat room will always be there. For now Let's just see where this goes in a week or so, and since this is shown in a g rated section of the forum, the chat will also be g rated for now.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... don't you like my chat room, Taski?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eibborn

Suddenly: DRAMA

llerch hate taski 4evr. </3
/kicks the internet over

Taskidog

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 06, 2008, 06:10:14 PM
... don't you like my chat room, Taski?

libraries dont let me run my own programs and I havent quite figured out how to run stuff fropm my flash drive. That and I think libraries have blocked me from doing that as well.

if there's a mirc that runs from the broswer then i didnt do that much reserch but I'd like it to be pointed out

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you follow the link in my sig.... it leads to a page. Said page has a IRC connection to the server from a browser.

Taskidog

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 06, 2008, 06:32:40 PM
If you follow the link in my sig.... it leads to a page. Said page has a IRC connection to the server from a browser.

thanks, didnt see that. Guess I'll stop by, but I kinda like xat cause it lets you use your own icon and it has live paint chat

Alondro

ZOMG!  IT'S TASKI!!!

Let's all stare at him!

*stare*   :eek

You should get a comp from Ebay, for like $99. 

Sure it'll be full of worms and viruses and Trojans, but you'll just be chatting, and chats are full of all that stuff anyway.  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Faerie Alex

Hey, it's Taski! Welcome back! :3

If you're interested, in my somewhat limited experience running programs off a flash drive, I ran across this Miranda IM portable which claims to be able to do AIM (I think it does, too). I haven't tried running this one through my school's network, but I hvae had a good experience with their portable Firefox.

Or we could just use Xat. Xat looks good, too.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Alondro on March 06, 2008, 07:37:27 PM
ZOMG!  IT'S TASKI!!!

Let's all stare at him!

*stare*   :eek

You should get a comp from Ebay, for like $99. 

Sure it'll be full of worms and viruses and Trojans, but you'll just be chatting, and chats are full of all that stuff anyway.  :3
Three words: Knoppix live cd.
:P

Taski, wow, its been quite a while sense you were around last. Glad to see your still ok. :D

As a note, the xat chat appears to be flash-based, not java-based.

Llearch's web-chat is cgi-script based, and should run on pretty much anything, even with Java disabled or not installed.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 06, 2008, 06:32:40 PM

or if you're a little more technically inclined: http://ircatwork.com/

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Sofox

CGI:IRC is a great way to get IRC on any computer with web connection, no matter how port blocked or firewalled it is. It's free to download and put on your server; since you connect to the page using port 80 and the server takes care of the IRC part, it's easy way to get around any restricitons. If you can view web pages you can take part in the chat. You can see why Llearch uses it (so do I).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on March 07, 2008, 02:34:06 AM
or if you're a little more technically inclined: http://ircatwork.com/

... which is filtered at work. Ewps.

Quote from: Sofox on March 07, 2008, 08:23:52 AM
You can see why Llearch uses it (so do I).

Actually, I don't. I run it for others - I use irssi on the server itself. ;-]