[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

A demon pirate? That is awesome. Full stop. The costume's impressive too. And I like her tonfa blade.

Quick question: How is it that you always end up in relationships - professional or otherwise - with good looking girls in great costumes, Ren?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 07:49:40 PM
A demon pirate? That is awesome. Full stop. The costume's impressive too. And I like her tonfa blade.
She is a demon anti-pirate. She is a Federal Space Police officer. Actually, she has nothing to do with pirates at all, unless she gets to fight them on the surface of some planet.

Quick question: How is it that you always end up in relationships - professional or otherwise - with good looking girls in great costumes, Ren?
Well, if you consider fighting a woman with swords and putting a huge scar across her face a kind of professional relationship.. Also, I don't remember mentioning that I was in any relationships with many good looking girls in good costumes, at all. :[ Seriously, though, I do have to deal with good looking girls in great costumes (or in not so great costumes; or withou-), but more often than not they are demon outlaws who usually try to kill me at some point and often end up being killed themselves (by me, or by my allies).

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
She is a demon anti-pirate. She is a Federal Space Police officer. Actually, she has nothing to do with pirates at all, unless she gets to fight them on the surface of some planet.
Well, demon outlaw, close enough. Don't ruin my fantasies, dude. Just kidding. Still awesome.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
Well, if you consider fighting a woman with swords and putting a huge scar across her face a kind of professional relationship.. Also, I don't remember mentioning that I was in any relationships with many good looking girls in good costumes, at all. :[ Seriously, though, I do have to deal with good looking girls in great costumes (or in not so great costumes; or withou-), but more often than not they are demon outlaws who usually try to kill me at some point and often end up being killed themselves (by me, or by my allies).
I probably should have written that differently. I was also kind of thinking of the sorceress/goddess character, but then again her and your character never really hooked up did they? But, yeah, maybe my mind was filling in blanks a little weird. Sorry about that.

Well, your professional relationships/rivalries don't seem to end well, do they?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 08:15:33 PM
Well, demon outlaw, close enough. Don't ruin my fantasies, dude. Just kidding. Still awesome.
A cop, J. A cop, not an outlaw. Zedd does not approve.

I probably should have written that differently. I was also kind of thinking of the sorceress/goddess character, but then again her and your character never really hooked up did they? But, yeah, maybe my mind was filling in blanks a little weird. Sorry about that.
Well, Ren and Tiare were together for a while, but when it all just kinda fell apart. :<

Well, your professional relationships/rivalries don't seem to end well, do they?
No, they don't. I bring bad luck to those who oppose me. I don't know why, but most of them end up dying in a messy and unpleasant way.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 08:22:34 PM
A cop, J. A cop, not an outlaw. Zedd does not approve.
Okay. Former demon outlaw, current demon cop. My apologies, Zedd and Ren.

Well, Ren and Tiare were together for a while, but when it all just kinda fell apart. :<
*gives Ren a consoling pat on the back*

Actually, how does she get along with Ren currently? Geen, not Tiare.

No, they don't. I bring bad luck to those who oppose me. I don't know why, but most of them end up dying in a messy and unpleasant way.
It's just a total mystery, isn't it?

Tapewolf

Well, you've certainly been busy art-wise  :3
I don't really have much to add critique-wise (and I should be in bed anyway), but she looks pretty good.

I keep getting these doubts about Ren actually being on the side of good... he seems just a little too chaotic and bloodthirsty.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 08:25:53 PM
Okay. Former demon outlaw, current demon cop. My apologies, Zedd and Ren.
*in Vader's voice* Apologies accepted, Captain Jairus.

They don't. After Ren handed her over to the Order, and the Order handed her over to the cops, Ren and Geen hardly ever seen each other. The Federation is a very big place, after all. Either way, Geen really dislikes Ren.

It's just a total mystery, isn't it?
Total, my friend.. :C

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2008, 08:29:34 PM
I keep getting these doubts about Ren actually being on the side of good... he seems just a little too chaotic and bloodthirsty.
You are getting me wrong (and I used the wrong wording, anyway). Ren does not randomly roam the Federation looking for trouble. When the Order gets a report that a rogue altling is detected somewhere, Ren (as a "field operative" of the Order) is sent there to deal with it (actually, any knight or paladin of the Order may be sent - Ren is not the only one serving there). He really tries to avoid killing anyone, but if he has to choose between keeping the lives of some altlings, but letting some civilians die, or saving the lives of civilians while killing the altlings, his choice would definitely be in favour of the civilians. Also, he does not always go on a mission alone. For example, his comrade Adrian often accompanies him. And Adrian does kill "designated targets" without hesitation. He is chaotic and bloodthirsty.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 08:47:56 PM
They don't. After Ren handed her over to the Order, and the Order handed her over to the cops, Ren and Geen hardly ever seen each other. The Federation is a very big place, after all. Either way, Geen really dislikes Ren.
That's probably a good thing too: she'd probably try to kill him. I think.

You are getting me wrong (and I used the wrong wording, anyway). Ren does not randomly roam the Federation looking for trouble. When the Order gets a report that a rogue altling is detected somewhere, Ren (as a "field operative" of the Order) is sent there to deal with it (actually, any knight or paladin of the Order may be sent - Ren is not the only one serving there). He really tries to avoid killing anyone, but if he has to choose between keeping the lives of some altlings, but letting some civilians die, or saving the lives of civilians while killing the altlings, his choice would definitely be in favour of the civilians. Also, he does not always go on a mission alone. For example, his comrade Adrian often accompanies him. And Adrian does kill "designated targets" without hesitation. He is chaotic and bloodthirsty.
Adrian? Aside from a chibi in your Photobucket account, I don't think I've heard of him before. Do you have a little more info, or did I just miss him somewhere?

I'm guessing that Ren is supposed to be Adrian's leash, keeping him in control and taking him down if necessary?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 08:59:24 PM
Adrian? Aside from a chibi in your Photobucket account, I don't think I've heard of him before. Do you have a little more info, or did I just miss him somewhere?
I'll get around to finishing a picture of him soon. Ren and Adrian (full name Adrian Rose) were friends since childhood and grew up like brothers. But then Adrian succumbed to the Dark Side and became Ren's mortal enemy. When he was betrayed by Azriel, he joined Ren in the fight against the Daemon Prince - only to be killed. Even later he was revived with Ren's help. While Adrian has mellowed out somewhat, he is still power-hungry bloodthirsty cold-blooded heartless treacherous backstabbing double-crossing scheming muthafawker. He likes to kill "dangerous prey", and uses his missions with Ren to do it legally. He is clever enough not to do it illegally, though (which saves many innocent lives). A great swordsmen and an even better magician, he is almost more powerful then Ren himself (though in straight fight with swords or without weapons at all Ren would win - it has been proved on practice). Also, Adrian is a great actor and may seem very nice and trustworthy. He is also a smart dresser and a ladies' man. In terms of appearance he is almost like a negative picture of Ren, only slightly more effeminate.

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 08:59:24 PM
I'm guessing that Ren is supposed to be Adrian's leash, keeping him in control and taking him down if necessary?
Well, Ren tries to hold Adrian from killing every single opponent they face, but he can't keep Adrian under his control all the time. When they are not fighting Evil, though, it is often Adrian who is controlling Ren, though. Lately he was trying to help Ren in getting a girl, since the "Ren and Tiare" couple seems to have dissolved in the Astral.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 09:15:24 PM
I'll get around to finishing a picture of him soon. Ren and Adrian (full name Adrian Rose) were friends since childhood and grew up like brothers. But then Adrian succumbed to the Dark Side and became Ren's mortal enemy. When he was betrayed by Azriel, he joined Ren in the fight against the Daemon Prince - only to be killed. Even later he was revived with Ren's help. While Adrian has mellowed out somewhat, he is still power-hungry bloodthirsty cold-blooded heartless treacherous backstabbing double-crossing scheming muthafawker. He likes to kill "dangerous prey", and uses his missions with Ren to do it legally. He is clever enough not to do it illegally, though (which saves many innocent lives). A great swordsmen and an even better magician, he is almost more powerful then Ren himself (though in straight fight with swords or without weapons at all Ren would win - it has been proved on practice). Also, Adrian is a great actor and may seem very nice and trustworthy. He is also a smart dresser and a ladies' man. In terms of appearance he is almost like a negative picture of Ren, only slightly more effeminate.
"He is still [a] power-hungry bloodthirsty cold-blooded heartless treacherous backstabbing double-crossing scheming muthafawker."
Subtle.
Also... "slightly more effeminate:" for some reason, this line makes me crack up.
Well, it'll be interesting to see what he looks like when you get that far.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 09:15:24 PM
Well, Ren tries to hold Adrian from killing every single opponent they face, but he can't keep Adrian under his control all the time. When they are not fighting Evil, though, it is often Adrian who is controlling Ren, though. Lately he was trying to help Ren in getting a girl, since the "Ren and Tiare" couple seems to have dissolved in the Astral.
Ren seems to be fairly in control of himself from what I've heard... or at least he's gotten control over himself. Does he just not do well in a civilian life any more? And they're still basically friends, right?

Am I asking too many questions?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 09:18:52 PM
"He is still [a] power-hungry bloodthirsty cold-blooded heartless treacherous backstabbing double-crossing scheming muthafawker."
Subtle.
Quite. *sips tea from a tiny cup*

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 09:18:52 PM
Ren seems to be fairly in control of himself from what I've heard... or at least he's gotten control over himself. Does he just not do well in a civilian life any more? And they're still basically friends, right?
Yup, Ren has some problems with dealing with civilian life. And yes, Ren and Adrian remain friends. To tell the truth, Adrian seems to slowly change for the better under Ren's influence.

Zedd

I'm sure when Geen and Ren do meet again..She and him be like "YOU?!?" But mostly Geen is drunkard half the time when she's on off time at the local bar on a space station called the Red Winged Cockatrice Tavern drinking Blackblood brand ale

Tapewolf

He really tries to avoid killing anyone, but if he has to choose between keeping the lives of some altlings, but letting some civilians die, or saving the lives of civilians while killing the altlings, his choice would definitely be in favour of the civilians. Also, he does not always go on a mission alone. For example, his comrade Adrian often accompanies him. And Adrian does kill "designated targets" without hesitation. He is chaotic and bloodthirsty.

Realistically, that's what I'd expect (Ren, not Adrian).  I guess the thing is that the anecdotes about Ren killing people are more memorable than anecdotes of him not killing people.

WhiteFox

Her outfit looks like it was painted on. If that's your typical military uniform, it's made out of canvas, not latex. Her tunic looks like a miniskirt, too. Also, the braid that goes under her arm should be a lot longer, looser. The way it is now it'd restrict her movement, or get torn off when she did move.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ren Gaulen

Have you seen that film, "Snake's in a Box" "Snakes on a Plane"? Neither have I. So I present you "Chibies on a Cake"!
The only comment I want to make is that Lockon's Haro is purely random. Haros just go well with the chibies. And I decided to leave him blue0coloured for consistence (he was orange in the "Gundam 00"). Also, expect him to pop up in other pictures in the future.

VSMIT

I spy a Keaton!  Nice work, Ren.

Nice idea with Haro holding the knife and spatula.

Jairus

YAAAAAY!!! More chibis!!! And so cute... I love little chibi Ren-sama glomping on the cake. And Keaton is cute too.

My Haro has mutinied! No! Actually... should I be concerned that my Haro has a knife?

Heeheehee... Psyco-Haro. If you get that, you get an imaginary cookie.

Tapewolf

Nice.  I guess Keaton sent you a cake, Ren?  Would someone be kind and give a very brief rundown on what the blue floaty thing actually is?

Mao

But no Chibi Jairus?  No cake for him?

Cute Keaton by the way.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2008, 01:56:09 PM
Nice.  I guess Keaton sent you a cake, Ren?  Would someone be kind and give a very brief rundown on what the blue floaty thing actually is?
Haro is basically a helper robot from the Gundam metaseries. He's shown up in I think seven shows and a handful of movies. He's basically a little ball who hops around saying "Haro! Haro! Haro!" In the more recent Gundam 00 series, an orange Haro helped pilot Lockon Stratos pilot his Gundam Dynames, with Lockon handling the sniper rifle or ranged weapons while Haro piloted the unit so that his partner could work. This is that Haro, with a new paint job... which means that he's just as awesome as the first Haro, if not more.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2008, 01:56:09 PM
Would someone be kind and give a very brief rundown on what the blue floaty thing actually is?
Haro is a sort of a mascot of the "Gundam" universe. Here's a link to the wiki article.

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 01:54:55 PM
Heeheehee... Psyco-Haro. If you get that, you get an imaginary cookie.
Hmm... Something related to "Zeta Gundam"?

Mao

I used to have a Harro desktop pet.  It was based off of the one from Gundam Seed.  Pinky I believe was the english name.

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on September 04, 2008, 02:11:36 PM
I used to have a Harro desktop pet.  It was based off of the one from Gundam Seed.  Pinky I believe was the english name.
If I could have a Haro, I'd have Orange-kun from 00. Cute and helpful. Of course, Blue is technically Orange-kun...

Hey Ren-sama, what should we call my Haro? Orange-kun, Blue-kun, Lockon-kun, or something else? I think Orange-kun, just to screw with people (and reference Oranji-kun from Code Geass).

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 02:16:09 PM
Hey Ren-sama, what should we call my Haro? Orange-kun, Blue-kun, Lockon-kun, or something else? I think Orange-kun, just to screw with people (and reference Oranji-kun from Code Geass).
Definitely Orange-kun. Because Cyborg Jeremiah was awesome.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 04, 2008, 02:20:39 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 02:16:09 PM
Definitely Orange-kun. Because Cyborg Jeremiah was awesome.
Orange-kun he is. Now we just need to do a repaint of one of your Eva-inspired mecha so that Orange-kun can have his very own mecha... and it needs a sniper rifle of some kind.

Actually, a Haro with a giant robot of its own is slightly terrifying. Imagine an army of them in GN-X's. "We are the Haro. Resistance is Futile."

VSMIT

We are Haro.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

:B

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 02:22:12 PM
Orange-kun he is. Now we just need to do a repaint of one of your Eva-inspired mecha so that Orange-kun can have his very own mecha... and it needs a sniper rifle of some kind.
Gentlemen! Start your engines! *starts drawing*

Actually, a Haro with a giant robot of its own is slightly terrifying. Imagine an army of them in GN-X's. "We are the Haro. Resistance is Futile."
Also, "I am Haro!".

Quote from: VSMIT on September 04, 2008, 02:24:55 PM
We are Haro.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

"Lockon! Lockon! Lockon! Lockon!.. :cry"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 01:59:05 PM
Haro is basically a helper robot from the Gundam metaseries. He's shown up in I think seven shows and a handful of movies. He's basically a little ball who hops around saying "Haro! Haro! Haro!"
Ah, I thought it might be something like that.  I'll check the wiki later.

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on September 04, 2008, 12:48:06 PM
Her outfit looks like it was painted on. If that's your typical military uniform, it's made out of canvas, not latex.
Maybe she's a shapeshifter?  :3

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 04, 2008, 02:27:44 PM
Oh dear... is this the third or fourth time I've given you an idea?

Also, "I am Haro!".
Yeah, but this just makes me think of Terry McGinnis, and that awesome line from the second episode of Batman Beyond.
"You're not half bad for some punk who thinks he's Batman!"
"I am Batman!"
...on second thought, that just makes Orange-kun more awesome.

Quote from: VSMIT on September 04, 2008, 02:24:55 PM
We are Haro.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

"Lockon! Lockon! Lockon! Lockon!.. :cry"
Oh great, thanks VSMIT you made Ren-sama cry. And now you're making me cry...

We salute you, Lockon Stratos. And Orange-kun will forever keep your memory alive.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 02:31:01 PM
Oh dear... is this the third or fourth time I've given you an idea?
OK, so I've started drawing.. Can somebody explain me what the heck am I drawing?? *looks at a GaoGaiGar's look-alike with a huge Haro in it's chest, smaller Haro for the head, Haros for joints and a Goldion Haro Mace in its hand*