02/11/08 [DMFA #877] - Does this robe make me look fat?

Started by Tezkat, February 11, 2008, 02:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 11, 2008, 06:20:44 PM
Girly long hair. Robe-Dress. High-heel shoes, ostensibly for balance practice.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

If Widly was your friend you would wear the robe every time you knew she might be around to keep your own tail safe, not to mention legs, arms and other body parts.

High heel shoes are good for balance practice because in them your feet are in uncomfortable angles, you need more concentration for walking and your preception is off because of the new hight.  Running and jumping are just more difficult. 
I wear heavy steel toed boots most of the time and when I switch to light tennis shoes I feel much faster, because I am.  Last time I checked by a margin of 20%-40% faster (depending on the shoes and such).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tezkat

Quote from: Kenji on February 11, 2008, 06:31:48 PM
..........So Tez, where was it you live at? >_>

I live in my own little world, of course. Did you want directions? :kittycool
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Kenji

Quote from: Tezkat on February 11, 2008, 09:00:12 PM
Quote from: Kenji on February 11, 2008, 06:31:48 PM
..........So Tez, where was it you live at? >_>

I live in my own little world, of course. Did you want directions? :kittycool

Just an address to deliver a... package. Yes, a package. >_>

Dracora

There have to be better ways of practicing balance than high heels. I personally have great balance but can't walk in heels at all normally. Plus Dan's a cat, don't cats usually have good balance anyway? >_>

pyrohamster

Kayriel

Quote from: Alondro on February 11, 2008, 10:29:04 AM
Hmm, Dan and Abel could star in a remake of the 80-'s sitcom "Bosom Buddies".   :giggle

And ya know, why do all Amber's characters look feminine?   ;)

Who cares? Abel is sexy. xD Dan's gettin' there, too. More <3 to the cookie, though, first and foremost.
<3 Abel

Netrogo

Didn't Amber answer that question in a 'Questions from the readers' comic? I'm too lazy to look it up, and I know there's atleast a dozen people who have it memorized and will post it for me anyways :P

Also I'm jumping on the 'love Wildy's face in the third panel' band wagon. It's adorable.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

e_voyager

great. now i need to repair  no rebuild the wagon. what is with people jumping on these wagons? huh is it yo much to ask that you simply board them?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Naldru

Quote from: Netrogo on February 12, 2008, 12:29:37 PM

Didn't Amber answer that question in a 'Questions from the readers' comic? I'm too lazy to look it up, and I know there's atleast a dozen people who have it memorized and will post it for me anyways :P

Also I'm jumping on the 'love Wildy's face in the third panel' band wagon. It's adorable.
Found it
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

Kenji

Kayriel

Did anyone else notice Dan doesn't have a reflection? D= Oooooh, ominous. Also, that Amber doesn't seem to want to draw Wildy in profile?
<3 Abel

Naldru

Quote from: Kayriel on February 12, 2008, 07:01:13 PM
Did anyone else notice Dan doesn't have a reflection? D= Oooooh, ominous. Also, that Amber doesn't seem to want to draw Wildy in profile?
I'm not sure if you would see a reflection if a perpendicular line from the mirror went through Dan and the viewer.

I'm sure that Amber has drawn Wildy in profile in a number of locations, such as herehere, here, and here.

Edit:
And don't forget here.

Second edit:

Regarding the comment that Wildy was almost always in profile.

You shouldn't say things like that to an engineer.   Now I feel compelled to do a statistical analysis of past appearances of Wildy with a regression study to see if there are any long-term trends.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kayriel

Quote from: Naldru on February 12, 2008, 07:38:54 PM
Quote from: Kayriel on February 12, 2008, 07:01:13 PM
I'm not sure if you would see a reflection if a perpendicular line from the mirror went through Dan and the viewer.

I'm sure that Amber has drawn Wildy in profile in a number of locations, such as herehere, here, and here.

The first was a semi-joke, the latter meant SPECIFICALLY in the current flashback, as anyone who's read through the archives has seen Wildy almost always in profile. =P
<3 Abel

topher chee

i heard "your fat butt makes you look fat" in John Leguizamo's "The Pest"

just thought i'd throw it in :D

kaskar

8)  You'll never see anything romantic between rhese two, they know each other too much ...  Wildy is Dan's eternal goad ...

(   Also, you can understand the rage, when the robe was 'modified' by Abel, magic, ( and emotion ),  is conductive ...   Bzzapppp !!!!!  )

8) Just Hanging Around ...

e_voyager

is that why he as lighting blasted across the room?  and not just singed?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Netrogo

Quote from: e_voyager on February 14, 2008, 02:37:14 PM
is that why he as lighting blasted across the room?  and not just singed?

It wasn't actually lighting. If I'm not mistaken that was just the sparkly effect from Fi bursting out of the sword and tackling Dan.

e_voyager

ah thank ye. i was wondering about that ever since i herd that the robe was able to dampen magical attacks.