For the Amber Travel Fund

Started by CameronCN, February 06, 2008, 02:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

A wallpaper would be nice. I haven't actually seen any active.
Maybe something involving Regina? Or maybe some cubi fanservice?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jakon

Quote from: Pagan on February 07, 2008, 12:37:08 AM
A wallpaper would be nice. I haven't actually seen any active.
Maybe [...] some cubi fanservice?

Be careful what you wish for. It'll probably involve tentacles.

Amber Williams

I wouldn't count wallpaper wars out of the picture. The main reason I didnt do one this month is because I knew I would be out of...er...country.  However I do have something planned for March.

I'm still a bit fuzzy-headed from the one-day results myself.  I do admit part of me is all sad now that the donations coming in have stopped now that I put up the new sign.  But considering how everyone has been so generous, it would be pretty crummy of me to abuse that and odds are some people likely think I have done so already. ^_^'

Right now though, I think I need just a day to sit and recover from the suprise.  I'm incredibly overjoyed, but at the same time I need to keep my feet on the ground else I'll end up right back into a situation. X_x

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2008, 01:18:50 AM
I wouldn't count wallpaper wars out of the picture. The main reason I didnt do one this month is because I knew I would be out of...er...country.  However I do have something planned for March.

I'm still a bit fuzzy-headed from the one-day results myself.  I do admit part of me is all sad now that the donations coming in have stopped now that I put up the new sign.  But considering how everyone has been so generous, it would be pretty crummy of me to abuse that and odds are some people likely think I have done so already. ^_^'

Right now though, I think I need just a day to sit and recover from the suprise.  I'm incredibly overjoyed, but at the same time I need to keep my feet on the ground else I'll end up right back into a situation. X_x

it's one thing i've learnt, if one's back is to the wall, one's readers come right out to bat for ya, i for one am incredibly glad that such a bad situation for you has pretty much come to such a fast resolution..  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Paladin Sheppard

Amber, Amber, Amber... You know you should really stop underestimating your readers :P I like to think that everyone here loves both you and the comic equally and if you give a us a yell for help we WILL respond  >:3

Heres to everyone who's donated you all rock!!

Chaos

Here's to us now donating into the "Give Amber a Heart Attack" Fund. Canada's got free health care, Make 'em Use it!

Turnsky

Quote from: Chaos on February 07, 2008, 02:39:42 AM
Here's to us now donating into the "Give Amber a Heart Attack" Fund. Canada's got free health care, Make 'em Use it!

if i ever win a fair few million dollars, i'll think about it.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

LionHeart

I saw the new pic on the front page, and couldn't resist doing a small edit of my own:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/LionHeartAU/DMFA/Canada2.jpg
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Akisohida

FOr some reason, the counter on the front page, with amber and others as specks..I can picture 'Eeeeeee...' actually being 'Team Amber's blasting off agaaaain!' XD
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Caswin

These will wind up in the archives, right?  I liked the original picture.

(The new one is genius, of course.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Pagan

Quote from: Akisohida on February 07, 2008, 11:47:16 AM
FOr some reason, the counter on the front page, with amber and others as specks..I can picture 'Eeeeeee...' actually being 'Team Amber's blasting off agaaaain!' XD

Thank you, that had me rolling.

And now that I think about it, Amber's goal being met this fast isn't all that suprising. She's a well loved artist of a very awesome comic (that I'm guessing is pretty popular), and the goal was only 800 dollars.

My only regret is not having saved the "sad amber" pic to my pc.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

celelorien

even us lurkers love the amber...  :mowninja

i figured now that i've come into some monies where i'm not scraping check to check, i'd help out.  :3

WhiteFox

I just realized, that's one of the only times I've had a good look at Mab's feet.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Cemalidor

Lol, yes, was kinda surprised too. ^^ Donated a small amount thx to Paypal. But i wouldn't have expected to see you hitting the max so fast. Yay.  :bunny :boogie

Whoa, nice! Unfortunately I can't brag that I donated as well, since my paypal account if pretty empty at the moment but I'm amazed this got suhc a happy end like you normally know it only from stories. Good to see the world is not completely bad :,

Gamma

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 08, 2008, 08:33:19 AM
Whoa, nice! Unfortunately I can't brag that I donated as well, since my paypal account if pretty empty at the moment but I'm amazed this got suhc a happy end like you normally know it only from stories. Good to see the world is not completely bad :,

Thats what we wanted you to think!
We donated all this to Amber to finish throwing the US economy into a tailspin! :mwaha

The income that will no longer be spent inside US borders shall doom you all! :)
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Luckily I'm from Europe, so please go ahead... :P

Cemalidor

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 08, 2008, 08:54:11 AM
Yep, sounds fair to me too, being from germany.  :boogie

Woo! On the risk of sounding cliche, I'm  from germany too!

AmigaDragon

Glad to hear your travel fund and bills are taken care of. Now how long do they say you have to stay in the states to satisfy the required semi-annual trip, days, weeks...?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Akisohida

I may mangle it but there is a saying or such about people being drawn to like people (That is, mean people draw mean people, nice people draw in nice people). You donate your time to drawing a strip that entertains us..two of them, actually (Abel's Story and DMFA) so we can donate some money when you need it. :mowhappy

I mean, if you think we are that nice, you must be as nice or nicer, ya? :boogie
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

pyrohamster

Quote from: Cemalidor on February 08, 2008, 09:39:02 AM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 08, 2008, 08:54:11 AM
Yep, sounds fair to me too, being from germany.  :boogie
WOOT go Germany!!! :boogie :boogie

Fex

I am wondering do you accept euro's ... send by mail Amber? *>.> ... *has no creditcard*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Fex on February 09, 2008, 03:40:28 AM
I am wondering do you accept euro's ... send by mail Amber? *>.> ... *has no creditcard*

If not, I do.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

pyrohamster

euro's look very neat to me. and other foreign coins. :)

Azraelle

How do I go about getting this kind of loyal following?

llearch n'n'daCorna

beg, bribe, and steal. ;-]

More seriously - update 3 times a week for 5 years or more. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

pyrohamster

Pagan

And you have to be made of at least 80% awesome, otherwise you'll just be a good comic artist without the other cool stuff.

xHaZxMaTx