Master Mab. What has she done?

Started by AndersW, January 03, 2008, 04:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

Eh, it only ruined the joke for those who didn't know who David Hopkins is or what a rework is. Can't say that everyone in this forum has that knowledge, but i'd guess most.

Ah, the reworks, such a good gory little tale.

And it was kinda cool to see an evil Mab.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

e_voyager

i remember both of them. a scary little story for those of us who fear the undead. as for me if i died in that wold i would want to do it via WOG attack so that i would never wake up again. the only thing worse then fighting mindless zombies is becoming one. note  word mindless.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Pagan

Hehe, the WoG, best weapon ever.

And speaking about David Hopkins (this might be a bit off topic), is anyone else having trouble getting to the Jack website?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Kayriel

Rework the Dead? God, I haven't heard of that in years, I used to be in a RtW RP back on the forums. Anyone know if Xander Morhaime's still 'round?
<3 Abel

e_voyager

Quote from: Pagan on January 14, 2008, 01:28:46 AM
Hehe, the WoG, best weapon ever.

And speaking about David Hopkins (this might be a bit off topic), is anyone else having trouble getting to the Jack website?

eh the WoG is a sloppy killer be good for softening up the enemy and the jack site is currently down speaking of which i lost my like to the forum hand haven't been there in months if you have the like i'm much appreciate it. oh and did you ever read the sequel?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

WhiteFox

I was just kidding. I read JACK! and I read Rework the Dead a long while ago, too. I can't find it online anymore though.

Phooie. And here I thought I'd get to start some new conspiracy theories. Oh well.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

pyrohamster

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 10, 2008, 02:49:19 AM
Ah-ha! I have discovered information long overlooked!

http://www.mabsland.com/Art5b/C_v_R.jpg

Note the nefarious figure at the bottom right corner! At last her true colors are revealed.

Which, you know, are still purple.

Ooh, tiny skull. I want one.

Anyway, this damning image clearly shows Mab's future plans for Lost Lake.
Woot! Gopher cannon. :boogie

WhiteFox

Not meaning to be a Necroforumancer here or anything, but I'd rather revive discussion here than start a new thread.

Just noticed this.

Do you think she means creatures as in the Shadowy Council that had Kira digging into Jyrras' lab? I can't find the exact comics where they were looking at his toys, but I strongly remember it.

(EDIT: Found em. #365)

Theory 1: Jyrras' armaments are important. But how could they possibly be needed?

Except to give perfectly normal Beings, with no magic, a fighting chance against magic wielding Creatures. (Like those on the council.) Which may point to an armed force of beings in the upcoming conflict between dragons and 'Cubi. Alternativly, *one* of jyrras' weapons may be a tide turner in that battle, rather than an armed force. Biggs suggested that whatever it was would go down in under 12 hours. ("Half the world would sleep through it.") Mobilizing an army would take an awful long time. Thirdly, Developing weapons that would put non magical beings on level with magic wielding creatures might change the social order of things.

Moving on to Theory B: The old/new comment in #581. Could that be because of time travel? Pyroduck is a time traveller. But why would Fa use the Old/New phrase (to infer a simultaneous state of past and future) if either she herself were not a time traveller? Mab couldn't be the time traveler, since Fa'Lina wouldn't need to use the dual-phrase when referring to Mab. Unless Mab got to know Fa'lina, went to the past and met Fa'Lina again, in which case Fa'Lina means that Mab is an old friend to her and from Mabs point of view they just met.

How would they meet? Fa'Lina is the most politicly powerful Cubi we know. Mab was queen. I think they were both in the Council. Which is mildly supported by Mab's comment about keeping the Creature Council off

I also just noticed: In #683 Pyroduck has a blue feather in his ponytail. Probably Dan's. #235-it's pink. #390-It's blue, barely visible in the first panel.  These are the *Only* 3 appearances of that feather. It's very, very shy.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...